Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for some input on legal situation civil and criminal  (Read 18148 times)
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »

Speaking of which....Erik!!!!! You're late for todays' "appointment".

Bring a breath mint. You're gonna need it.
Sorry I loss my watch the last time, that was quite painful for ya! Kiss

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »

LMAO talk about "passing time"   

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

LMAO talk about "passing time"   
Cheesy

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
stonny9

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »

Well if the kid is trying to be a firefighter/EMT/Paramedic he will never get hired with an assault charge on his record at least anytime within the next 5 years.  Depts look at everything including your credit rating.  I am trying to get hired right now on any dept I can.  No assault charges just a bad economy.

Are their any possible long term effects from the damage?
With that said maybe ur friend can make a out of court plea deal for $$$$$ if he can/will drop the charges and/or make an anonymous phone call to his work.  where and who does he work for?  American Ambulance, Medics, American Medical Response are the major ones in SE FL.

I dont see how it can be agg assault.  The hit directly lead to the injuries.  Thats like saying someone driving intoxicated hit someone and left the scene and the person died.  They wont just be charged with the hit and run/leaving the scene.  The prosecutor will press for charges of at least manslaughter or something to that effect.

Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches

2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »

They say no long term effects. I forgot which company he works for but I can get the name again. He works in HIllsborough county. His name is "Bubba" Nicholas Stocco (I think that's correct spelling).

stonny9

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »

They say no long term effects. I forgot which company he works for but I can get the name again. He works in HIllsborough county. His name is "Bubba" Nicholas Stocco (I think that's correct spelling).

Sorry that is a few counties away from where I am at in Broward.  Me personally I would go after him through the court and seek restitution.  I called the cops on my best friend cause he got drunk and took my phone and was being an a-hole and wouldnt give it back.  $200 phone.  I was gonna have him arrested but his did came along with the cops and got him to give me the phone so his dad could take him home.  He is 6'5" 260lbs and I am 5'11" 140lbs.  Dont do the crime if u dont want to do the time. 

Sold

asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »

I simple Google search of Bubba Nicholas Stocco or EMT Nicholas Stocco provides a Myspace page.  Even has his AIM screen name! And lastly, American Medical Response as an employer!
cybercop106

just my old Prairie 4x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »

Sorry, haven't been around for a while. Just saw this thread.

The perp can be charged with 1st degree Misdemeanor  "Battery".
FL law is different from MO (where I did 2 decades of law enforcement) and a little weird.....
It's not Felony Battery unless the guy has a prior related conviction, or Agg Assault (a Felony)
because FL law says "with intent" to commit a felony OR "uses a deadly weapon".
Even IF your friend DID have some kind of confrontation with the guy, when perp struck him
in the back of the head as he was leaving, it pretty much negates any defense......
unless perp says your friend said he was going to go get a weapon and kill him, in which case he 'might'
get off with a self-defense plea.
I hope no-one gives the douche-rocket any ideas like that in defending his actions!!!!

Anyway, 'douche-perp' is PROBABLY out of luck in his "job with the county" aspirations. Most government agencies
prefer employees without a history of violence....... much less drunken violence.......

Now civil law is COMPLETELY different from criminal law. Your friend's injuries were absolutely
caused by the perp and don't have to be "intentional". Your friend can TRY to go after the parents,
but unless the perp is a "minor" under FL law, it won't fly. From what you said he's an adult,
so he's responsible for himself. Same with the bar. Civil law is notoriously screwed up, so he CAN sue the
bar, but it's not going to get anywhere.......... probably. You can file a civil lawsuit against most anyone
for any reason, but to get a jury or a judge to grant you a settlement, it needs to have substance.

Going after the parents or the bar is pretty lame. I know the guy got injured and has bills, but he needs
to go after the real cause and not those on the periphery just because they have money. 

Good luck to your friend. I hope he finds a lawyer who will work on a contingency AND that 'douche-perp'
ends up paying him a bunch of money......... even if it's in installments!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
DISCLAIMER - the preceding is simply theoretical musing and should not be construed as actual advice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »

Um....actually..... the most likely source of recovery in this instance is from the bar's insurance company. So, depending on the circumstances; yeah, the suit against the bar is going somewhere.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
cybercop106

just my old Prairie 4x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 09:43:01 AM »

It's possible....... Civil law is pretty iffy. Could go either way depending on the jury.

Since the victim was leaving when it happened, where he was will be important too.
Was he on the sidewalk outside the bar, or was he in the doorway/foyer/etc....?!

But did it really have anything directly to do with the bar, and are they really even partially
responsible? And their insurance company is probably going to be pushing hard for no liability
on their part......... 

So yeah, circumstances ARE everything in that case!

99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »

I guess he should probably talk to a civil trial attorney about it. He'd probably know better than anyone. What do you think?

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
cybercop106

just my old Prairie 4x4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »

Like I said, I hope he can find one who'll do it on a contingency basis. IF an attorney agrees to do that, he's got a pretty good chance of getting a decent settlement from it because they aren't gonna take the case unless there's a very good possibility of winning a substantial amount. 

99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 10:43:27 AM »

There is ALWAYS 2 sides to every story.  If your friend was truly innocent and had no words with or ever even met this guy I would be surprised. 
  This is precisely why I drink at home or while accompanied by my attorney. Cool

Don't be so sure of that.  I have seen people get drunk and decide they're going after the 'big guy' (hey guys! watch this!  I'm gonna knock the big guy out.  Got my back?).  It happens a hell of a lot more times than most people would believe.  When I was younger, I knew two brothers who were just little guys with big mouths.  But, they always hung around the big rednecks from West Melbourne.  Their favorite stunt was to start a fight with a guy inside the bar, lure the guy outside to finish it where all their buddies were waiting to stomp the crap out of the unsuspecting slob(s).  All kinds of idiots out there.
are you talkin bout me hangin out at the county line  Shocked

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »

CAll 1-800-ASK-GARY

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »

How's your friend doing? 

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »

How's your friend doing? 

He's healing up but losing lots of weight since he's on a liquid diet. Jaw wired shut on both sides. Has to carry wire cutters in case he vomits he has to cut them open and open his mouth to prevent choking to death. Other than that he's taking it easy and resting. Not much to do for the broken bones but let them heal considering their locations and they were broken but not shifted out of place. He took the stitches out already. He's just hating life with no real food and not being able to talk normally. Thanks for asking.

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »

That sucks!!!  Well hopefuly it's a speedy recovery! 

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
stonny9

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »

How's your friend doing? 

He's healing up but losing lots of weight since he's on a liquid diet. Jaw wired shut on both sides. Has to carry wire cutters in case he vomits he has to cut them open and open his mouth to prevent choking to death. Other than that he's taking it easy and resting. Not much to do for the broken bones but let them heal considering their locations and they were broken but not shifted out of place. He took the stitches out already. He's just hating life with no real food and not being able to talk normally. Thanks for asking.

On the bright side beer is considered a liquid.

Sold

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com