Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2005 Preditor  (Read 2404 times)
pault

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

Have a 2005 Predator 500. Been riding every weekend with no problems. Went riding yesterday and it ran fine. Washed it, started it and rode it on the trailer with no problems. Went to unload it this morning and it backfired out the tail pipe. With the choke on it back fires, with the choke off, it doesnt. It does not start, just turns over. I know its getting spark or it wouldnt backfire and without the choke I smell fuel from the air box. Does anybody have any suggestions before I take it to the dealer.
Baileygunns

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »

Pull your Carb off and give it a cleaning. You might have gotten some dirt in it while riding or during the wash. It could have just taken a little bit of time for the dirt to settle in and start giving you trouble.
PREDOCROSS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »

Also check your ETC. You can pop off the throttle housing cover and look at the contacts in the throttle housing they shouldn't touch. The free-play at the end of your thumb throttle should be 1/16-1/8 of an inch. You can adjust this on the cable approx six to eight inches from the throttle housing. They come out of adjustment on occasion.
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

sounds almost like what happened to my raptor. it turned out to be the low idle jet got clogged. it would only run if i played with the choke and it back fired alot. once the jet was cleaned it was like a brand new machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com