Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad only race series@ Sunshine MX dates posted  (Read 6872 times)
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »

Sunshine MX quad only series dates are posted.

http://www.sunshinemotocross.com/

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:57:55 PM by RTN » Logged
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »

lets get this going they want classes from mini to pro am

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »

This series is being scheduled so it wont conflict with Dade City, SSQSA or nationals. It will be short...I believe 6 races. Tentatively only one race will be scheduled with the dirt bikes due to the dragstrip sched. and the other series but they stated they are willing to listen to any ideas.

The folks at Sunshine have really been trying to work with the quads.

You guys and gals keep saying it would be nice to have your own series and now you have a few tracks/promoters listening. Go out and support these tracks and series so they will want to do more.

Keep checking their website for future anouncements and I will post any info I hear.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:30:06 AM »

If the dates dont conflict with Dade, we would be interested. My son rides a DRR90 in the stock appearing 0-100cc class.
6 races sounds great.
When do you think they will have a tentative schedule?
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 11:07:23 AM »

As of Tues night they were trying to finalize it with input from us.  We told them it absolutely had to not interfere with Dade or their turnout would suffer or worse be nill to none.  They listened.

Some of the classes will be simplified like the minis puting restrictions on suspension and motor but not worrying about all the aftermarket parts that don't provide a performance gain like handle bars and such. Thats something to be worked out.

It's important to note that we did not ask for this. They approached us with the idea and wanted input so it would be worthwhile.

The way we look at it is our kids need seat time and what better practice than to race. And thats the only good way to get gate time practice.

They plan on the first race to be held Jan.16 was what I was told.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »

that sounds good. I will try to make it.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »

Just look at Dade's class structure for the minis.
Stock Appearing 100cc is the biggest class. It is for 90-100cc like Apex and DRR. They also run the 125 Typhoon in this class. If it has a pipe and or suspension it goes in Mod.
The bore/stroke must be 100cc or less.
Then you have 70 stock appearing and 70mod
and then the 50's
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »

I've heard some good things about Sunshine and would be interested in bringing Jam over as well just to get him riding different tracks. But if it's on a same date as Bartow I'll stay here as it's only 20minutes away.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »

I've heard some good things about Sunshine and would be interested in bringing Jam over as well just to get him riding different tracks. But if it's on a same date as Bartow I'll stay here as it's only 20minutes away.
Rob, definitely try to make it, its a much better track than bartow.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

If you have a particular class that you run, or would like to see, then give them a call and some input. I'm sure they would be glad to hear it. This is new to them and they are not up to speed with all the classes provided for the quads.

727-481-8162 ask for Casie
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »

unfortunately just found out Bartows first race is same night. My son was given a year of race fee sponsorship last night at the Bartow Awards Banquet for Quad High Points winner, so we will be there to show our appreciation. Sorry. If they moved it ahead one week I would be there. Maybe another night, but we will try hard to make one.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »

Congrats on a well done season. Thats a great reward you have recieved. Wish this was near us Im trying to get the tracks here in the north to follow. It would be cool to have the south champs race the north champs for a state championship.

Ride safe

unfortunately just found out Bartows first race is same night. My son was given a year of race fee sponsorship last night at the Bartow Awards Banquet for Quad High Points winner, so we will be there to show our appreciation. Sorry. If they moved it ahead one week I would be there. Maybe another night, but we will try hard to make one.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »

Congrats on a well done season. Thats a great reward you have recieved. Wish this was near us Im trying to get the tracks here in the north to follow. It would be cool to have the south champs race the north champs for a state championship.Ride safe

[
Chad,
I am sure we could arrange this at one of these tracks.
Bartow is the center of the state. This would be cool.
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »

Hopefully we can produce good turnouts and build from there not only at Sunshine but maybe others will follow suit.

A five bike race against an A, B, 30+ and 2 minis is just not a race.  When a track steps up we need to support.

Hopefully you can make it to a race or 2.

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »

Congrats on a well done season. Thats a great reward you have recieved. Wish this was near us Im trying to get the tracks here in the north to follow. It would be cool to have the south champs race the north champs for a state championship.

Ride safe

I do like the idea of a north/south battle for the championship though. But it would actually involve 3 tracks. One in Northern part of Fl., One in Southern part of Fl., and the other a centralized location for for the championship. But during all of this you'll still have local races going on as well as SSQSA and their state series (Which by the way crowns the State champ). Would be too much racing for me to try and keep up financially racing 3-4 different series  Undecided  .
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:20:15 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 03:32:52 PM »

BUMP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com