Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking on getting your ccw?  (Read 15715 times)
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 05:27:21 PM »

so what if you carry not concealed is that legal? Like if I walk around with a pistol on my hip so all can see.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »

Just dont pullit out & point it at anyone. Your gun that is Roll Eyes

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure the age to have a CWP is 21, correct me if I'm wrong. But when I become of age to obtain the permit I'm sure as hell getting it. Sad thing is I'm getting it for those who carry guns illegally and with a CWP. I've seen two incidents of road rage that ended up with one of those involved, with a CWP, abusing it and showing the weapon to scare the other driver for beeping at them or getting close to them out of frustration. I know they had a CWP because both of the individuals I ended up meeting and becoming friends with. They are good people but they know they can abuse it and can get away with it, which makes me want to level out the playing field if that ever happened to me. And no I don't mean to show the gun back as if it was a part of me, I've been brought up on the belief of not using a gun unless one is presented towards you. I back up the saying of rather be prepared rather than being screwed 110%.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:27:49 PM by REBEL » Logged

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »

so what if you carry not concealed is that legal? Like if I walk around with a pistol on my hip so all can see.
you would be in trouble, you can legaly carry a weapon without a ccw as long as you follow certian rules, they are all talked about in gutmachers book. I'm not any kind of legal person so I'm not gonna go into it. If you wanna carry any kind of weapon concealed or not you need to go get the book by Jon H. Gutmacher and read it many times to find out the laws are first.

z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure the age to have a CWP is 21, correct me if I'm wrong. But when I become of age to obtain the permit I'm sure as hell getting it. Sad thing is I'm getting it for those who carry guns illegally and with a CWP. I've seen two incidents of road rage that ended up with one of those involved, with a CWP, abusing it and showing the weapon to scare the other driver for beeping at them or getting close to them out of frustration. I know they had a CWP because both of the individuals I ended up meeting and becoming friends with. They are good people but they know they can abuse it and can get away with it, which makes me want to level out the playing field if that ever happened to me. And no I don't mean to show the gun back as if it was a part of me, I've been brought up on the belief of not using a gun unless one is presented towards you. I back up the saying of rather be prepared rather than being screwed 110%.

If somebody pulls a gun out they should have already decided that they are going to use it. If someone pulls a gun out and displays it to somebody else that has a gun they are proably gonna be shot and killed.

crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »

if u pull gun out to show it to some one like that to scare them for road rage they should not own one. those are the people that give everything a bad name and if those are your freinds they should have there crap taken away untill they grow up a lil bit well alot a bit

i no i am known for stupied stuff but there is diffreance between typing on comp fourm or ridding atv drunk at mudfest than thinking just cause u got a weapon u can pull it out only time weapon should be pulled out if its going to be used and thats only if u are scared for your life hell thats just plain stupied what your freinds did and or do

i no i cant evan do anything that dumb

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »

If somebody pulls a gun out they should have already decided that they are going to use it. If someone pulls a gun out and displays it to somebody else that has a gun they are proably gonna be shot and killed.

I wouldn't doubt it if they pointed it in their direction, but I'm talking in a matter of showing their "machoness." They did it as to scare someone trying to say "hey look I have a gun don't mess with me", which is absolutely wrong to do. They did not point it at the person, they simply pulled it out so it could be displayed while pointed downward. There's too many people these days that consider a gun an extension of their arm and take handling one way too lightly. Eventually they will get ballsy enough where they point it and it accidentally goes off or the other person sinks a bullet into them. I guess a lesson learned the hard way is better than no lesson learned at all, just a shame it might be a life-ending one.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:52:03 PM by REBEL » Logged

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 07:52:04 PM »

so I have my.40 in my center console in a holster is it cool?
z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 08:10:13 PM »

so I have my.40 in my center console in a holster is it cool?

Like I said if you wanna carry it go get the book, read it, and it will tell you all the ways and places to carry without a lic.

better yet if you wanna carry it just go get the ccw like this post was originaly about then you will not have any questions of being able to carry!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:15:10 PM by z400250 » Logged

z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »

They did not point it at the person, they simply pulled it out so it could be displayed while pointed downward.

I'm pretty sure that is against the law, its called brandishing a firearm!!

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 08:40:03 PM »

I'll let you tell them that Cheesy

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »

u dont have enough guts to talk to your freinds? u a man or a boy?    u might wanna check and see who your freinds are because hanging with that crew will get u in some trouble

2008 brute force 750

z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »

I'll let you tell them that Cheesy

I don't care what they do, I'm no leo, but I can tell you the game that they were playing will get them killed if played enuff times!! Its like Rusian Roulette, sometimes you might win but one of them times they will LOSE!!

They should check out the statistics because there are ALOT of people who carry guns in this state. Most of the people who carry a gun are a good shot with them and don't play around like they are toys, they are a means of self defense and when someone brandishes a gun around them they will be ready to shoot to kill not to scare!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:00:52 PM by z400250 » Logged

crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »

well said z400250 

2008 brute force 750

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 12:39:42 AM »

Its like Rusian Roulette, sometimes you might win but one of them times they will LOSE!!

That's what I was getting at when I was talking about learning a lesson the hardway in one of my posts.

u dont have enough guts to talk to your freinds? u a man or a boy?    u might wanna check and see who your freinds are because hanging with that crew will get u in some trouble

Since you asked if I'm a man or boy I feel obligated to ask if your a High School graduate or not, because your grammar and spelling suck. I never said they were good friends. I have no problems with them and they are good people but unfortunately they have bad views on certain things. They could go out and get shot or accidentally shoot someone, it wouldn't affect my life in the least bit. I'd also appreciate it if you don't label me as in a "crew", I take that as an insult considering I don't have friends like that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:45:27 AM by REBEL » Logged

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 02:15:22 AM »

Wow, here we go with the grammar again.

I think everyone here that has questions on this needs to go read the Gunmatcher's book.  It explains everything with no gray area.

Also look at that link I posted...

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »

buddy i passed highschool the first time i took it unlike half of america that re peats grades and ends up a drop out with a ged   so what i get lazy when on here and just type dont proof read or nothing.   just remember   dont throw stones at anyone when you live in a glass house yourself

2008 brute force 750

gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 08:07:37 AM »

i agree with miamie if no one knows u have it  you ok.   because rember we citizens that follow the rules are good  but when have u ever seen a croke  gangbanger, thug, or robber follows the laws and rules   

man, knowing your carrying a gun, i think i might just break down and go get my ccw now. scaaaary  Wink

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »

Anyone wanting to use the Miami-Dade office, its located at 401 NW 2nd Ave, phone 305-377-5940.

This is a major improvement in the FL CCWP application process.  This is about protecting yourself and family, not about making yourself a badass with a gun.  Also, as ANORIGINAL pointed out, we should all be exercising our Constitutional rights before they are taken away.  You should also consider joining and supporting the NRA.

TNT

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »

Just got a letter from the nra and I get a sweet duffle bag when I join Cheesy

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »

Can't say that enough, join the NRA.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »

k the info was set out for people  before everyone gets the pantis in atwist i am gonna lock this topic to keep it on a good note this was made to be  imformative for people in south florida

everyone be safe and good luck 

2008 brute force 750

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com