Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mountain bikers?  (Read 15514 times)
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »

How many mountain bikers do we have on here? I know of a couple but i know there has to be more than a hand full of us. I ride an Iron Horse MKIII comp (all mountain, FS) I've only ever been out to santo's and then just local stuff I have found/made. Most of the guys I know that ride all live down south so it's hard to get a group together to do long rides.

Post up if you ride! where, what, and when!

I'm aware there are no mountains in florida, har har har, save it.  Tongue lol

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »

I ride also. My wife and I have specialized HardRock hardtails. we ride at Santos since its 10 min from the house.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »

Nice. I was actually going to buy that same bike before I decided to go FS. You race XC too right? I think I know you but not positive. B-open #14, Kyle.

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »

I have a giant xtc fs

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

Yes I race Xc with the SSQSA series #93C Brian Seckel
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »

I've got a Specialized Rock Hopper that I haven't used in a long time. Anybody want to buy it?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Baileygunns

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »

I've got a Specialized Rock Hopper that I haven't used in a long time. Anybody want to buy it?

What's the frame size and how much?
lawnman58

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 06:29:17 PM »

How many mountain bikers do we have on here? I know of a couple but i know there has to be more than a hand full of us. I ride an Iron Horse MKIII comp (all mountain, FS) I've only ever been out to santo's and then just local stuff I have found/made. Most of the guys I know that ride all live down south so it's hard to get a group together to do long rides.

we ride also !  some  local  stuff  and  markham park  down south.   i got  a cannondale prohet  and my son rides  a giant  . now that  the weather is  nice    is  a  good time Cool

cr125  yz 250  rmz 450
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »

i ride a custom hardtail built by I.C bikes and febwled. 26inch wheel front 24 out back ride qw markhem built jumps and both places

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »

+1, riding on a beat up specialized hardrock lol

we ride also !  some  local  stuff  and  markham park  down south.   i got  a cannondale prohet  and my son rides  a giant  . now that  the weather is  nice    is  a  good time Cool

Rafael, I didnt know you mountain bike!! Markham Park is my favorite MTB park in all of Florida (besides Santos of course XP) We should get a ride going together since i havent been riding at thundercross due to my broken dirt bike  Cry

05 kx 250f
lawnman58

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »

zup  buddy  i  was  wondering  what happened to ya !!  where's the bike ?   did it blow  up !    yea   i'm  down  for markham  cool Grin

cr125  yz 250  rmz 450
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 10:52:19 PM »

zup  buddy  i  was  wondering  what happened to ya !!  where's the bike ?   did it blow  up !    yea   i'm  down  for markham  cool Grin

I dont even know, all that backfiring was not because of the carb or valves that were out of place so the problem is something bigger that we cant afford to fix right now Sad

05 kx 250f
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »

I have a specialized hardrock hardtail as well.  Haven't ridden consistently in over a year.  We used to frequent Santos and a little spot in Longwood near the Enviromental Center.  The other spot we went to a couple of times, years ago was in Reddick, FL at a place called Razorback MTB park.  It was about a 10mi loop w/a lot of elevation changes and fairly challenging. Every search I'm doing right now is indicating this spot is closed.  The place has still got to be there.  Anybody hear if it can still be ridden?
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »

ive never ridden there, but ive heard that razorback has been closed for a while now.

05 kx 250f
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 08:05:10 AM »

From what I've heard it's closed.

Looks like we are going to start organizing a sunday group ride out at santo's. I rode with five OMBA members this past sunday and we all decided to start getting a big community ride going on sundays. A few of them go every sunday no matter what so there will always be a ride going on. They are talking about leaving around 8 in the morning and doing a big loop, getting back around 11. Grill up some lunch once we get back and either call it a day or head out for some more riding. Go to OMBA.org and go to the forums.

Luis! If you and whoever else want to meet up and ride Santo's, a group of people ride every sunday morning! We'll setup a date and get a group ride together. If anyone else wants in just post up.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:44:36 AM by gearhead400 » Logged

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 08:13:58 AM »

Bump

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 04:46:03 PM »

THIS SOUNDS GREAT!! will it be ok though that I am not in the best shape and will probably be lagging behind if you guys are hammering though.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 08:00:18 AM »

Yeah they stop at every intersection and make sure everyone is good. I packed on almost 20lbs in a few months because i was injuryed, can't work out, and realllly started to enjoy food lol. So I was pushing myself pretty hard at some points. But you just ride your own pace. Everyone that I rode with last sunday were real chill. No one get's anxious about hitting the next trail, everyone's just out there to have fun. If you wanna go this weekend i'll ride out too, just let me know.   

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

I will probably be out there sunday. I am racing sat down at L-cross. But sunday Morning sounds good. 8 a.m. you said right?
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 09:21:10 AM »

actually there is a race down there this weekend so i'm going to go ahead and say the 20th instead. I guess the vortex trails will be off limits so I don't know how crowded the trails will be by the trail head. Rather wait you know? Good luck at L-cross! Watch out for those drainage trenches!!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »

The 20th is no good for me I will be up in Durhamtown riding. Maybe we can ride after the new year then I guess.
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 08:02:41 PM »

Luis! If you and whoever else want to meet up and ride Santo's, a group of people ride every sunday morning! We'll setup a date and get a group ride together. If anyone else wants in just post up.
[/quote]

Hey Kyle, sorry I haven't been around lately so this is now that I see this post, we normally ride at Alafia or Boyette there are some nice trails in those parks but  let me talk to Richard and Dereck, I will like to ride up in Santos we have never been there it should be nice, my schedule is lil tight right now with Chrismas and all that but will go up there as soon as we can.

Luis.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 09:41:04 AM »

aww, are you sure you don't want to ride santo's instead of BORING durhamtown? lol  have fun, i'm jealous, never been.

Yeah I understand the tight schedule man! I have a hard time getting any ride time in at all. I'd be up for alafia sometime! Just let me know a few days in advance and I'll try and make it. Look forward to riding with you guys again, even if it's not on 4 wheels.

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 08:03:30 AM »

Just so everyone knows, there's going to be a group of 4-6 of us as of right now riding this Sunday, the 20th, at 8am at the main trailhead. Look for a white 4dr Chevy HD, should be parked near a black vw golf. Please post up on here or over at omba.org to let me know if your coming, just so we don't leave anyone behind in the morning. PM me if you need my cell #

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »

Ok everyone, OMBA has given the go ahead to arranging group rides. Joey of OMBA has been put in charge of organizing the group ride's and is looking for ideas. I think what everyone really want's to do is get a group together, not only just to tear up Santo's, but to hit any and EVERY riding spot there is. I don't think it's going to stop at the state line either.
You don't have to be a member to ride with the group or be a part of their forums. So please, if you think you'll be riding with this group AT ALL, sign up and give your opinion! It benefits us all!

http://www.omba.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=996&p=5178#p5178
http://www.omba.org/

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com