Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XC Racers please read  (Read 2470 times)
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »

I was thinking of adding more classes to the endurance race, but having bikes, quads, bike quad combos is getting ridiculous, soon we will be having a class for people riding 2 blue quads who think it's unfair to race against a team with one blue quad with a red quad (sounds like some of our peewee feature races lololololololololol)  Grin  Wink Wink Wink Wink j/k

OK, so my question is, how fair is it to race the bikes and quads together, ie the a class is just a riders, whatever they ride and so on. Are the quads faster, are the bikes faster...I know everyone here is going to say the bikes have a great advantage, but none of the endurance races I have held (2  Cheesy) would hold that theory out.

If we remove the vehicle and just have the skill level of the racer, I can have many more classes.

Last race, a quad posted the fastest lap time. The first race, quads dominated.

Not trying to rob anyone of a trohpy, but wouldn't you rather win against a larger field...just asking.
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

I dont think that bikes have an advantage so im all for what ever brings more competition. The only thing I think is for the starts all vehicles need to bee the same. Its not safe to have a 400lb quad going into the same corner with a 250lb bike. I say bringem on..............they better get up pretty early in the morning to beat my team Cool

pro am
Open
intermediate
beginner
utility
Thats all you need.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:49:14 AM by Shawn » Logged

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
TLittle
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 01:39:52 AM »

I gotta agree with Shawn.... the bike may gain on the quads in the straight-aways and whoops, but they loose alot in the corners where the quads will fly right around a tight 180 degree turn.... just classes, no specific bike/quads

2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare
400exhonda

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »

SHAWN YOUR RIGHT ON CLASSES SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE PERFECT FOR SKILL LEVEL
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »

i strongy disagree, a ligitimate A or AA bike guy will def. beat a A-AA quad guy, if i could ever get my nephew to come to the plex, you could see what a fast AA xc bike guy can do, i have tried to get him to race up there but he works for KTM north america and is out of town everytime there is a race

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »

i strongy disagree, a ligitimate A or AA bike guy will def. beat a A-AA quad guy, if i could ever get my nephew to come to the plex, you could see what a fast AA xc bike guy can do, i have tried to get him to race up there but he works for KTM north america and is out of town everytime there is a race

I have decided to have both bike and quad classes.

Look for a posting of the classes by tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com