Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gibson Truck World Vs. Nations Truck and SUV Center  (Read 52896 times)
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »

Not the case, if every had time I would explain it to you but it would be so far over your head you would never get it. Thats what your responce tells me.
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »

Not the case, if every had time I would explain it to you but it would be so far over your head you would never get it. Thats what your responce tells me.

Yeah, your probably right... dumb dumb want gum gum
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 01:11:44 PM »

Yeah, your probably right... dumb dumb want gum gum
Not to hijack this wonderful thread BUT.. that was funny.  LMAO

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
truckguy19

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »

i looked at a truck at gibson, an f250 with an 8 inch lift with 38 inch tires and there was a mud line up to the power steering pump. and the "BRAND NEW" carpet inside was only covering the muddy floor pan, all they wanted to do was sell me a truck.

This I highly doubt, or if so this was a truck that was not detailed yet or was like another poster stated an "as is" truck.  Before I lost my job I was in the market for a truck, and after seeing the infomercial on TV,  I took a visit to Gibson Truck World.  The salesman started off by giving me a tour of the facility starting with the full service center and ending in their detail department where they have 2 lifts dedicated solely to just cleaning and dressing the underneath of their trucks if needed.  I saw bills where they spend a lot of money fixing the trucks to make them like new.  Why would they skip something as mundane as washing the underneath?  Does it really seem feasible that someone would put new carpet over mud? come on it takes just as long to do something right as it does to do it wrong.  The dealership has trucks on lifts on his front row that you can walk right under and see everything!  Not trying to start anything but I know Gibson has a very open service center.  Go spend a little time walking around there lot and walk through their service center; I guarantee you that you will see trucks being totally refurbished and you will probably see someone pressure washing the underneath of a truck AFTER its been fully serviced!
quad-14

Quad 41

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »

"Why would they skip something as mundane as washing the underneath?  Does it really seem feasible that someone would put new carpet over mud?"

-My point exactly

and, why in the world would anybody ever want a truck that needs to be "totally refurbished"?
-Just wondering

Know Saftey...No Pain
No Saftey...Know Pain
Really Sorry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »

Up date***  Nations Truck & SUV Center is closing one of there locations across the street from Gibson Trucks.  They seem to be having trouble with the junk they have been selling.  Its just a mater of time before they run them selfs out of buss.
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »

I can only comment on Gibson myself as that is who I dealt with. I was hesitant due to some of the negative stories I've heard on this site and a couple of others. At the time I was searching for a stock Dodge 2500 Mega cab and Gibson was the only one that had one in my price range. The carfax was perfect on the truck and it was bone stock. Yes the undercarriage was painted black but I do the same thing to my vehicles I'm trading in, as well as detailing them top to bottom.

Being in WPB I dealt with my sales rep mainly via email asking questions and ball parking some numbers, financing, etc... I made the trip up and we took test drives in both vehicles, took the tour of the shop and was out the door with my Dodge in 2.5 hours. I ended up with $800 more than I expected for my trade in and no surprises. That was 4 months ago and the truck has been flawless.

That being said I would never buy a used lifted truck unless it was stupid cheap or I knew the trucks history personally. It's way too easy to mask problems that dealers won't catch in a test drive and the buyer gets screwed and blames the dealer. Most of the complaints I read about for Gibson, Nations and even Knights were related to lifted trucks and problems found after the fact.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
ricelyn64

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »

I WORKED FOR NATIONS FOR A SHORT TIME. THEY ARE THE WORST OF THE WORST. THEY RIP OFF THE SALESMEN AND YES THE CUSTOMERS 2. THEY DONT FIX  _*HIT. THE OWNERS ARE SO CHEAP THEY WONT PUT FUEL IN THE TRUCKS. THEY MAKE THE SALESMEN DO IT. AND THEN IT TAKES A WEEK TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYONE. THEY MARK THE COST OF THE TRUCKS UP SO THEY PAY VERY LOW COMMISIONS.THEY STEAL FROM THE EMPLOYEES. NO ONE SHOULD BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. AS FAR AS GIBSONS GOES HE *UCKS YOU FROM THE START. HE PAY A $400.00 FLAT FOR EACH TRUCK YOU SELL. IF YOU GIVE THE CUSTOMER A DISCOUNT HE CUTS YOUR PAY NOT THE PRICE OF THE TRUCK. AND GIBSON & NATIONS FREE 12 MONTH 6000 MILE WARRANTY IS 50/50 IF YOU HAVE TO PAY 50% OF THE REPAIRS THEN ITS NOT FREE. THEY *UCK THE CUSTOMER ON THE WARRANTYS YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP TO GET IT FIXED SO BEND OVER. I WISE THE CUSTOMERS WHERE SMARTER THEN THAT. DONT FALL FOR THE B*LL*HIT. NATIONS SCREWED ME OUT OF ABOUT 20,000 IN COMMISION PAY. SO DO YOU THANK THEY CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS. GIBSON AND NATIONS HAVE THE LOWEST OF LOW SALEMEN WORKING FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY CANT GO ANYWHERE ELSE. NO ONE WANT TO WORK FOR BOTH OF THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE ROTTIN TO THE CORE. THEY WILL CRASH AND BURN BOTH OF THEM......... 
JECKELS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 04:53:07 PM »

I can speak about both Gibson and Nations. I went down there from jacksonville to buy a truck from Nations only to get there and find that my truck was in 10 times better shape then theirs. Once I finally got them to come down and work out the price the paper work was all wrong, had I not read it as well as I did I would have been screwed. I left went to Gibsons at 9pm and worked out a great deal on my current F250 there and it was a pleasant experience. My brother-in-law bought his from Nations and lets just say he was lucky to get what he did 6 months later after spending thousands on repair bills. I will say that my transmission had to be rebuilt, but that was after I put an additional 65000 miles on the truck. I will buy another truck from Gibsons if I start looking again, but am very happy with mine.

08 RZR+
09 KTM 505
04 YFZ 450
02 RAPTOR
03 Yamaha AR210
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com