Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peewee track thoughts...MX Jumps....Ute stuff  (Read 7244 times)
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »

Those who know us at the plex know we don't let the grass grow under our feet for too long.

I am about to make some minor changes to the place.

First off, Peewee or beginner....I am going to build a whole new track next to the obstacle course. I was going to build another peewee track, but I think I may build a Peewee/beginner track. A little bigger than our old peewee, but nothing like our main track. Thoughts?

Second, we have some big doubles on the track, I am going to table top two of the infield smaller doubles, table top the finish line jump and probably table the middle step up on the back straightaway. Thoughts?

The old peewee track is going to become a giant Ute 4x4 obstacle course, should be very cool.

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »

My kids loved the pee wee/beginner track. Having it closer to the camping area would only make it better/safer.  I wont comment on the big track because thats not my specialty but I did enjoy riding on it the way you have it now. I guess making everything tabletops would make it safer though.
 The ute obstacle course sounds cool.
  Wish there was some way to make some hills but would take a million loads of dirt.

Paul , you are the man.  Kiss

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Baileygunns

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »

I just wish you were closer...

You place sounds Rad.... I promise I'll make it up there at some point.
flahondafam

luv 2 ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:20 PM »

Your closer than we are and we make it every feature... You will have a great time... If you ever get a chance to come up introduce yourself.. Alot of us know our way around and would be happy to show u and your family
Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »

Table the finish line. Thats the only jump im scared of.lol I would sure make it a little safer. I love the main track,it rocks. We will be there for the dec feature cant wait to see the changes

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
sodell324

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:49:49 PM »

Paul, I would leave the back section of doubles... with the exception of the one right out of the corner! I think the double, then step up, then double to the corner work great and keep the flow. Not to hard, yet still fun.

My son hits most of these on his 65 and 85 so the bigger bikes should clear them with ease!

The finish line I managed to overcome this weekend. It is a hard jump but can be done if you pace yourself. I hit it 4-5 times in a row and had no issues. I don't think you should make the entire track tables!

Please don't take out the step-up!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:58:06 PM by sodell324 » Logged
Motoplex_Hitman

MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »

A Pee-Wee / Beginner track? Not sure it is a good idea. Be prepared to groom it more often. The little guys get caught up in ruts & they are left behind pretty quickly by the bigger machines. Remember it may be a begginer track but I'm sure alot of the fast experienced guys are going to be hitting it. Are you going to have seperate times for different cc's to ride. I know Taylor will not ride the track if big guys are flying around.

As far as the big track, with the changes that were recently made it seems to be perfect. Beginners have jumps they can make & also have jumps to challenge them. To me a track of solid table tops would get boring. When you finally learn to clear a particular jump it is very satisfing. Of course, always remember, Risk Over Reward.

TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »

A Pee-Wee / Beginner track? Not sure it is a good idea. Be prepared to groom it more often. The little guys get caught up in ruts & they are left behind pretty quickly by the bigger machines. Remember it may be a begginer track but I'm sure alot of the fast experienced guys are going to be hitting it. Are you going to have seperate times for different cc's to ride. I know Taylor will not ride the track if big guys are flying around.

He already has this type of track now, it is just down the road by the mud areas.
 It says right at the entrance....under 15yrs. old and under 300cc.  It is very popular with the kids.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
SuperCoop

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »

I think I am with Bill (Hitman) on this one, unless it is limited by cc's and age.  The thought of digging Cooper out even more ruts is not a fun one.  I know Super Cooper, and myself, would not be comfortable riding with the faster guys that changing the track to a peewee/beginner would bring.

As far as the main MX track goes, no matter what you do, CB will still find a way of trying to kill himself on it.  Shocked
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »

Im partial to the new changes on the big track because i made them Roll Eyes even still i feel that track 90% perfect. I could make a few more minor changes with a dozer to make it even safer and with more jumps for the lesser guys yet still challenging for the better riders. If you make it to easy the better riders will get bored real quick. Remember that is why we built a national caliber track in the first place.

As for the peewee/beginner track...........I can build a track that will suit both but that will not stop the ruts or the need for grooming. Unfortunatly, it will get the most riders, thus need more grooming.

If i make the changes to the big track like i want to then you just need a pee wee track.

Just my 2cents

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206
SuperCoop

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

What would the limits be on the new Peewee/beginner track be? The current Peewee track offers a sense of security with the cc and age limits. 

Change is good.  Anything to better the Plex is even better. 
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

you know my kids will ride any peewee track you build, and if you need a mini to test the jumps you know how to get a hold of us.
The issue with the mini tracks is that it is very hard to enforce the larger quads staying off of it.
I would also like to see some sort of enforcement on the racing classes. Keep it at the 4stroke limit of 250cc for the awards and if you have a bunch of kids riding larger quads put them on the big track for one lap.
It is hard to tell a kid on a 90 that he has to race a 400 for the same trophy.
I am not trying to single anyone out as I know it is all for fun, but look at the pics of the kids faces while racing, they are giving everything they have and they are not lollygagging around the track.
I say for the kids tracks, make everything tables and throw in some small doubles or triples, maybe a small shallow whoop section too.
flahondafam

luv 2 ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »

I ride sunshine mx and i jump everything there but a triple and they run national races i am only a weekend warrior but some of the jumps on the big track at motoplex i will not do i loved the old intermediate track because thats what i am a intermediate rider i cant get hurt and have to work on monday just tame down the jumps a little so everyone can enjoy the track
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »

I am sure what ever Paul builds will be great. All his work really shows, the new trails system is da bomb.

750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

peewee beginner should be exactly that, and if moved to the front hot dogs and better riders would stay off as long as it is posted a certain age and cc, i hace never seen any big quads on the peewee TT track or obstacle course, i am sure some have been on it but less likely if it is moved up to the front

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Motoplex_Hitman

MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 10:47:16 PM »

[/quote]
 He already has this type of track now, it is just down the road by the mud areas.
 It says right at the entrance....under 15yrs. old and under 300cc.  It is very popular with the kids.
[/quote]

That track will no longer exist, it is becoming a ute obstacle course

Motoplex_Hitman

MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »

peewee beginner should be exactly that, and if moved to the front hot dogs and better riders would stay off as long as it is posted a certain age and cc, i hace never seen any big quads on the peewee TT track or obstacle course, i am sure some have been on it but less likely if it is moved up to the front

True not many have been on it, but if you make it a beginner track then I, being a begining rider, will be able to ride it with my 525cc Outlaw. Personally I think I should only be able to ride the big track. Even though I can't hit everything.

Paul does need to keep in mind that the big track is being used for series races & not just the regulars at the plex, not sure what those guys need for a track.

Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »

Truthfully, in my head I am thinking of a beginner track, that can double as a peewee track too.

No CC limts, anyone can ride it.

A lot of people liked the intermediate track in the woods, but it was a logistical nightmare to groom, water and oversee.

I was going to build a smaller, track than the main..upfront, where it's easy to groom, water and keep an eye on. More jump intensive (small jump intensive lol)

For the real little guys, like Coop, we can pimp the tt into a cooler track if you like.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 11:38:37 PM »

Shawn,
  You know how to build a great track Im sure you will do the right thing for all.
  I just dont want the smaller kids to be scared and not want to ride because the bigger riders want to ride a easier track. I personaly Think at any skill level if your on a big style quad there is no reason to not use the big track. Just use common sense and dont ride over your head. Not all tracks have the option of a kids track  and if they do it so small its no fun for the kids. Thats why the plex is great.

My vote is for another larger version of the kids track keep the big quads on the big track. 

Paul and Shawn make a great team and will come up with the correct solution.

btw add a nice size step up on the new track no matter what the decision will be. Kiss

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Motoplex_Hitman

MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 12:07:31 AM »

I see the step up is quite popular. I have not worked up to hitting it yet but I am close. Of course thats on the MX bike not the quad.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com