Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Computer Question  (Read 2409 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »

Hey guys I had a virus problem a few weeks back that seemed to clear itself up after awhile. I put a topic up about it and you guys pretty much answered it but now im starting to have a few wierd little glitches with it again.

The most annoying problem so far is that im starting to get blocked out of search engines. Things like google and yahoo either wont come up at all or they will load and when I search something it just sits there and loads then stops responding. Im using firefox as my browser and I just updated it. I also have the latest version of Webroot spysweeper and it is not picking up any viruses. It seems mostly isolated to search engines. Occasionally they will work but i'd say 85% of the time they dont.

So my question bascially is what is going on here? Would a virus be causing this or is it something else? Possibly the DNS cache or something along those lines? As always any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:50 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is a conspiracy driven by Steve Jobs.  He's always hated Bill Gates for getting the jump on him so he's got a secret team of virus writers in Sri Lanka that torment PC users everywhere.  His plan is working; I saw something on TV yesterday that showed hundreds of PC users moving their stuff to Macs.  Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:59 AM »

sounds like the virus may have rewritten your host file, or put some additions in there

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
KyleB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »

All other websites load fine? Have you tried a different browser temporarily? You could also try running in safe mode w/ networking, depending on how you're connected to the internet and see if you can then get to the specified websites, safe mode should stop a service or executable if that's what's keeping you from accessing those sites.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »

gotta say, a blank host file has got me confounded

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com