Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wicked customs and mannix automotive  (Read 13809 times)
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

took my truck to be aligned at wicked customs and after waiting 2 full days on it and paying over $200 i got the truck back and the camber was clearly off on the driver side. it pulls to the side hard which i though was to blame on my oddly worn tires. so i switched my back tires around to the front since they are like new and it still pulls hard to the side. so it pulls hard, the camber looks clearly off. pretty much a full blown failure for an alignment. call back wicked customs and they told me it was outsourced to mannix automotive and told me to go there monday, drove all the way out there monday and they told me id have to bring it in tuesday mornings. so i call them this morning and i ask them when can i bring it and wait on it because i simply cant just drop it off for 2 days again like last time, thats not acceptable in my book. he told me i had to just drop it off all day so he could squeeze it in between other jobs. i asked him if he was kidding me, i was amazed, i could not believe that he could not devote any time towards my truck after how badly they screwed me, all he wanted to do was "squeeze it in". so now i have to wait until thursday untill they can look at it without me having to drop it off for the whole day. they wont give me my money back until mannix automotive gets one more shot at it. they over charged me, took way to long, didnt give me a spec sheet and cant even shed any light on why its been mis aligned, i barely get any information, i just get the run around.

i would recommend NEVER ever having your truck aligned at wicked customs, i cant say anything about his business otherwise, im sure its fine. but the alignments is a disaster, the shop he uses is just horrible, i just want to warn everyone of this shop mannix automotive. mannix automotive is the one to blame here, wicked is trying to take care of me but he just cant really do anything, hes not the guy who did the alignment.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:50:20 AM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »

he could pay for a more reputable repair shop to fix it for you sooner.
Just sayin.....
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »

went back to mannix today and they took care of me... or atleast tried too. still pulls to the side just a little, but he did clearly admit that it was way off, and it has improved. i told them ill be back if it still pulls after i get new tires and he said ok. im just happy that he at least appeared like he gave a sh*t about my problem and acted like he wanted to take care of me for tyhe first time. after he put it on the rack and saw how far off it was he pretty much stopped treating me like sh*t right there, he had no excuse for why it was so far off.

only thing that throws me is that he said my upper ball joint is bad, and i jacked up to check an its clearly not. i just dumped about $1,000 in the front end between rebuilding the front diff, cvs, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, ect. nothing but spicer and federal mogul parts, no Chinese parts.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:34:15 AM »

took the truck on the highway for the first time since the alignment since the truck has been down. totally unacceptable. i cant even drive it in the left lane becasue it pulls so hard, have to drive it with the grade facing the opposite side that my trck pulls to to somewhat even out how hard i have to hold the wheel to the side. they tell me my steering box doesnt return to center.. maybe, they really wont say for sure. but i doubt that will pull against the tires going 85mph, no steering box is going to budge the tires to the side at that speed.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »

You need to bring it by my shop! 89.95 4 wheel alignment

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »

Sorry I am not teying to sell a job (kinda sounded like it) I really just meant we could check it for yea

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »

i dont care, if you feel confident you can do it id love to have you do it.

i went by wicked today and they gave me 100 bucks back, overall the whole situation still sucks, i still payed 100 bucks for nothing, but im still impressed that the guy gave me some money back. mannix automotive is really the one at blame here. they are a joke, first my ball joints bad even though iv got brand new spicer joints in it, then its the steering box, and finally my whole lift kit needs to be replaced, what a joke. wicked even had the balls to give me a quote for a solid axle swap for 6-10,000 bucks lol.

swamper, i sent you a pm.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:48:02 PM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 07:37:25 AM »

It is tricky with IFS but well figure it out :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com