Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONF rules for kids riding atv's  (Read 5933 times)
prosa69

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:53:50 PM »

Im trying to figure out what size atv my 10 yr old can ride at ONF.   Is there a web site I can go to where I can see the limitations.   example would be if i put my son on a 700 king quad would I have the ranger throwing the cuffs on me.   Any info will help.   I am aware of the license they need to have as he goes to the class next weekend. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:49:01 AM by prosa69 » Logged
cobrap

Those who go too far, know how far they can get.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:12:34 AM »

At the Safety Class he must ride a bike approved for his age.  I believe its must be under 90 cc.
Other than that, he can ride ride any bike he chooses.  Its a recommendation not a law required on
age/cc.

07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
prosa69

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »

thanks. Since he is 10 he can do the observers course which doesnt require the use of an ATV to get the license which is good since I dont own a 50cc atv.   I saw this on another older post here.  As you can see someone found this rule somewhere.  I just dont want to get there and be surpised by a rule I cant find anywhere.   I personally want my son on a full size atv that I have governed.  My older sons friend was almost killed cause a full size atv rode up and over his kid size atv and hit his upper chest and head and not the front of the atv.  actually I feel the safest when hes driving the rhino. 

Re: Newbie question - Is there a size of ATV restriction for kids?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My understanding is the child has to take the ATV course on a size ATV recommended for them.  On the Big Scrub rules board it says no person under 16 can ride anything over 150cc.   My 12 year old rides a 250
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:41:59 AM by prosa69 » Logged
Motoplex_Hitman

MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »

My daughter is 11 & rides a 200 because it fits her size properly, she is 5'3". While sitting on a required size cc quad for a training class her knees hit the handlebars whenever she makes a tight turn. After speaking with several representatives of the safety class they stated they decide on cc limits due to the maturity of the certain age child across the board. This will limit my ability to ride in certain areas, at least for now.

TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com