Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Florida Riding Restrictions  (Read 11642 times)
RAPTOR-ANT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »

Im new to this forum, and I apologyze for my ignorance of not having read every post in here prior to writing this....but here it goes.

I have been an ATV ridder for 25 years, hell I used to ride down in Dade county off US-27 in the good old days, before any residential homes were even built.  I rode Virginia Beach in Rickenbauker Casueway, Holiday park, lost lake, and in Broward County prior to I-75 getting build out.....well I think you get the message.

Today's world is much different from back then.  It seems that everywhere you try and ride, it is either build out, closed out, or prohibited by the Florida Wildlife, or the South Florida Water Management, or some type of goverment entity.  What I do not understand is that we are all tax payers, and some of this land is public land, so why can't it be used to ride in?  Why not take some of our tax payers money and hire a couple of security guards or wildlife guards, and have them keep controls of these areas, instead of just closing them down completely.  Think of it as a regular public park, similar to those you go to when you have a picnic, instead these areas/parks can be dedicated for ridding ATV's.  Don't we all have to pay a registration fee for our bikes when we register them or transfer them from one owner to another?  Well why?  What is that money being used for?  If you ask me, it being used to buy new signs that are now posted in areas we can no longer ride in.  When you purchase a car, part of the title transfer, registration fee, etc... goes toward public safety, police officers and roads right?  So where does our money go when we pay the ATV registration fee?

Where is Honda, Yamaha, Zuzuki and all the big manufacturers?  Are they fighting on our behalf?  I mean after all it is a benefit to them since we purchase their products. 

It is quite dissapointing and extremely unfair what they are doing to us riders.  We are treated like we just stole the ATV we are ridding.  When do we have a say in this whole ordeal?  Is there not enough of us to make a difference?

2007-Raptor 700R
Barkers Duals
HC Stage II
PC III
Dynatek Programable Ignition
TRF Intake
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »

I hope I answered alot of your questions when we spoke? I hope we still go to Croom in a week!

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:02:57 PM »

The lack of response to your posting is your answer, apathy. I suggest you buy land to ride on. And/or buy a street-legal OHV(Samurai, Jeep, etc.) which you can legally operate in Big Cypress, several WMAs(Holeylands, Corbett), Ocala National Forest and Withlacoochie State Forest. Then, when they ban that, you can still operate your OHV on the streets.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:05:08 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
RAPTOR-ANT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »

Well AintSkeered, that would be the equivalent of completely giving up on the sport, which means that you, I, and everyone else in here should sell our bikes and look for another hobby.  I don't think I want to take your advice just yet.  I have spoken to several guys here who have educated me in what has gone on for the last 5-10 years.  It seems that there is a lack of coordination, and organizing among us, and it is the reason why we have not been very successful.  If we do not organize, we will never be heard.  I am new to the battle, but I am here to fight for our right to ride.  I hope I can be of some help.

2007-Raptor 700R
Barkers Duals
HC Stage II
PC III
Dynatek Programable Ignition
TRF Intake
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »

For $20,000.00, I'll sell you 5 prime acres in Suburban Estates.  You will have access to 19,000 acres and you can split the 5 acres into 4-1.25 acre sell 3 of those and own your own 1.25 acre tract for nearly free.  Then, you'll never have to worry about a place to ride ever again.  In fact, if your crazy, the Quads Only guys have a big place out there and may let you ride with them.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »

Where is this? im in miami

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
cheapthrills

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »

For $20,000.00, I'll sell you 5 prime acres in Suburban Estates.  You will have access to 19,000 acres and you can split the 5 acres into 4-1.25 acre sell 3 of those and own your own 1.25 acre tract for nearly free.  Then, you'll never have to worry about a place to ride ever again.  In fact, if your crazy, the Quads Only guys have a big place out there and may let you ride with them.   Wink

"Then, you'll never have to worry about a place to ride ever again."

see how the world changes so fast. Nobody thought the government would be trying to snatch everybody's play areas away from them a year ago.
RV Trax

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Unfortunately there are quite a few irresponsible  riders and outdoor enthusiasts that do not respect the environment they visit.  Here in the panhandle quite a few areas are being closed as well, because of litter and destruction of property.  Unfortunately the private areas to ride are best left quiet to avoid future closures.  It is a damn shame that a few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

2011 Polaris Sportsman 850 HO
2004 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
2008 Ho Hung Chinese Junk 2wd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com