Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the ATV in ATVFlorida?  (Read 11802 times)
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »

I've been on this site for about 6 years and I find myself logging on less and less. Every time I do log on the forums are full of Bull$hit. What happened to the threads titled "rode scrub yesterday" or went to wherever with the family and had a great ride. If I was Mr Bones I'd be pretty unhappy with this site. All I see is people taking on another poster about Obama and politics. I'm a Republican and I don't like what's going on but I will be voting next year to change congress and hopefully things will change for real. I hate to see a site I used to love turn into this. Sometimes it's weeks before a new thread for the ONFA or where to ride gets posted on. If you guys want to fight about Obama go to a political forum or post on that thread only.

ETA: I guess you can start as many threads on politics as you want. That's about the only title up on the front page forums though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 01:09:00 PM by stacktester » Logged

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

BRAVO!!!
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:13:03 PM »

Whatever happened to Dreth I think his name was and Idamann? There used to be some really good threads about riding and a lot of pics. I know Ocala isn't what it used to be but there's gotta be some stories about some good ridin somewhere out there.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »

Where's the ATV in ATVFlorida?  In everybody's garage, that's where.  Big Scrub is a mere shadow of what it once was and nobody even wants to ride there anymore out of fear of over-zealous attacks by the ranger patrol.  Holeylands and Mac's are gone.  8th street is gone, 5A will soon be gone and for the rest of us, Croom is a 6 hour drive.

Another thing is that you should be happy that somebody gives a crap and is willing to defend the principles that this country is founded on.  We are where we are because of voter apathy.  As Anoriginal's sig states, one of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.  You say you're an unhappy Republican; what have you done lately for your beliefs?  If you still don't want to discuss or participate in politics, then stay off the politics board, go riding more and blindly go through life with your head in the sand.  Apathy is the reason nobody is riding because nobody was willing to fight for our riding areas.  What will we lose next?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »

I will be riding this weekend.  Unfortunately it will be on private property, so no use talking about it.  

Also, the politics BS is in a separate section and is not in the way of any riding posts.  And believe me, most of it seems to be real BS.
cobrap

Those who go too far, know how far they can get.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »

Ouch, Diggin, That hurt my feelings, and it wasnt even directed at me.  LOL, Harsh dude harsh.
What is it, Florida government and residents, hating ATVs so much.  That Brevard county stuff is really
whacked.

07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

I hear about the bikes in the garage. Unfortunately Florida is getting so developed that there isn't anyplace to go. I don't understand why FL doesn't get in the trail biz like some other states. I guess they have enough tax dollars they don't need anymore revenue from us low life atv'ers.

I'm not enough into politics to get into that debate. Not going to open my mouth and prove to be stupid. It's obvious that to have a strong economy we need lower taxes and more jobs. Neither is on the horizon. The gov't no matter which party has taxed the US Company's so much they have moved to other countries. The only thing we can do is support who stayed and hope the others see that we still support made in USA and will come back.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
assbandit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

atvflorida = Absolutely useless. It has nothing to do with atv's. Nothing but a bunch of old men bitching and complaining Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »

Why is it people that don't want to read political stuff go to the political section then complain ? These are the same people starting threads to complain that there isn't enough atv discussion here, but they don't bother to start a thread discussing atv's. Seems like you're right, someone here comes to complain, but it's not the people that choose to participate in the political discussion in the political section. There are multiple sections here to offer a diverse set of topics in their own appropriate areas. I don't have or drive a side by side, so I don't go to a side by side section. I don't go there and complain that Bones should get rid of the side by side section.
Where's the atv ? mine is sitting in my garage along side my dirtbike and my three kids' dirtbikes. If you haven't noticed times are tough People are more interested in getting or keeping a job to pay the bills than they are in dropping hundreds of dollars on a weekend of riding. I'd love to be riding every day, but it just isn't going to happen right now.

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »

atvflorida = Absolutely useless. It has nothing to do with atv's. Nothing but a bunch of old men bitching and complaining Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

yeah, bitching like they did on this one.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,39980.0.html

politics are important whether you like to read about them or not.  the last poster was very correct...keep poking them.
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »

Buythis, I guess when I log on and see all the political threads I should just ignore them and move right on to ONFA since ONF riding brought me here in the 1st place. Maybe you're right, maybe nobody can go riding. Hopefully some people will be able to and post some threads and pics. BTW, I like the bottom of your sig. Pretty much sums it up quick.

It was of no surprise we'd lose a lot of riding areas we had in ONF. Too many people were tearin stuff up, littering and there was nothing going back into the place. I have no problem paying for a good place to ride as long as the trails are kept up and there's interesting one's to ride. I still enjoy a good day down there and would like to see Delancey linked up with Big Scrub. The bad part is the people doing what I said above wasn't atv riders. There's always plenty of people just cruising thru there and partying, throwing beer bottles and trash out. I hope to get some hours down there when it cools off a little more.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 03:59:03 PM »

I've got a couple of points I want to make.

First, the politics are in a separate section and nobody needs to go there who isn't interested. With that being said, I agree that it stinks when the most active section on an ATV website deals with politics. It says a ton about the state of riding in Florida.

Second, every year we lose more and more places to ride. I am very active in the fight to keep areas open to us. However, the biggest problem we have are our fellow riders. Idiots closed the Holeylands. Idiots are resulting in increased restriction in areas like the Big Cypress. Idiots caused the fiasco and the complete ruining of Ocala. Idiots will cause us to lose more and more. Unfortunately, the ability to talk about riding is directly influenced and tied to the amount of riding available to us. Continued riding in illegal areas while maintaining an entitlement attitude combined with blatant disrespect for authority is killing us slowly.

Third, we miss out on every chance to save ourselves. Perfect example? The ATV community was nonexistent when it came to standing up and trying to save the Holeylands. The sum total of the ATV community "effort" was a meager trash pick up ride after the place was slated to be closed.  The same thing happened with Ocala and with the Big Cypress additions lands plan. How many of you actually sent in comments? Let me answer that....hardly any. To those of you who did, thank you.

Fourth, We in fight more than any other group I am associated with. It's true. There are little "sects" within the ATV community that war with each other from time to time for no reason. Meanwhile, we fail to get organized and more places to ride are pulled from under us.  Nevermind the lost opportunities to gain new area. trying to get us all to move in one direction is akin to herding cats.

Anyway, I don't know what the answer is anymore. I work my butt off to keep places open and open new places. But, I can tell you that those of us working hard sure get tired of it when there's no support from the rest of us. If we continue to stand alone, we'll all fall together.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Slo Poke

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »

www.tampabayridindirty.com   we ride, race, raise funds, very active with Croom and Forestry....we dont talk politics...just another alternative... Kiss

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »

What I don't understand is when you want to debate something you are REALLY passionate about (in this case politics) why debate with people on an ATV site.  Why not go to a site where people live, breathe, and eat politics.  Debate with true professionals (or learn)  This is the LAST place I would try to learn politics. (or try to convence someone else they are wrong) 

It is agrivating when you log on to ATV site and on the home page you have 10 post about politics and one about ATVs.  You don't have to click on them for them to be anyoning.  They are always in your face on the home page. 

You guys are 100% right, you don't like politics crap don't click on it.  But it does cluster the home page. 

Carry on

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »

For all the reasons posted by Anoriginal and me, and many others, if it wasn't for the discussion of politics, you would open the home page and only see that one post about ATVs.  It's sad but true.  When I first became a member on this site, I begged, cajoled and out-right challenged any and all to do everything they could to save the Holeylands.  I took equipment from my company for clean-up rides out there and personally paid hundreds of dollars to dispose of the loads we hauled out.  It didn't matter.  Even as the group picked up trash around the parking area, people were littering, riding wheelies and jumping the road.  As a group, we stood there and shook our heads, knowing that our time was coming to an end.  That was in 2006.  In 2008, we lost Holeylands, probably forever.  The funny thing is, just as I had predicted, those that screamed the loudest were the guilty.  Sad state of affairs.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Davidld98

Botas Rule ! ! !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »

One question. Why is it that the majority of the politics being discussed has nothing and I mean nothing to do with atv's? And this is not the politics section!

08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

This was kinda my question when I posted. When you log on you just kinda look at the pag and say do what. I agree too that there wouldn't be many threads on riding either since nobody has a place to ride or the money to get to one. The state nor gov't owes us any riding areas but in their best interest there's money to be made from atv's in taxes from buying, selling and repairing them. Not to mention riding fees.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »

It is amazing that the state can spend a couple hundred million dollars buying the Babcock Ranch, half-a-billion on Picayune Strand and another half-billion on US Sugar lands but can't seem to find a few thousand acres to throw our way.  The most egregious part is that 2/3 of the Babcock Ranch will be developed to be a 'Green City' but still nothing for us.  Granted, the  Babcock family specifically put a deed restriction that no part of their land could ever be used for OHV activities but certainly some arrangement could be made for another parcel in trade.

buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »

speaking of riding areas someone told me Polk county is opening a new riding spot, is this true ? anyone know about this ?

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 07:43:43 AM »

I had heard tell that the county was going to work with the old mines and set something up.  Other than that, Triple Canopy Mud Bog did open in Polk County.  They are not a weekly riding type place yet and I am not sure if they ever plan to be.  I think the next event is Dec 11-13.  I hear tell they will be doing several types of events etc in the coming year.  I know both times I went was a blast.
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »

speaking of riding areas someone told me Polk county is opening a new riding spot, is this true ? anyone know about this ?

There was a post about this, they acquired the first 200 acres and are working on another I believe 1200 acres. (But with the OHV fund being raided, there is a sticky about this posted by GrizzlyBear) who knows what will happen.

Anoriginal's comments are right on point about support, illegal riding etc.

As far as folks posting about riding I know alot of folks cannot afford to ride like they used to, or have actually sold their rides. This due to the economy which then brings us to the political talk. The state of the country has brought politics to the forefront for everyone.
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »

We travel with Mudneck to allot of events and we post 100's pics from the events and a few vids recently on this forum anything from Atv's - buggies-chics-monster trucks. A handful of views and nobody even post under them nice pics, cool vids, where was that, etc..... If its all bout riding speak up makes me wonder why I waste my time putting them up.

Baileygunns

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:45 AM »

We travel with Mudneck to allot of events and we post 100's pics from the events and a few vids recently on this forum anything from Atv's - buggies-chics-monster trucks. A handful of views and nobody even post under them nice pics, cool vids, where was that, etc..... If its all bout riding speak up makes me wonder why I waste my time putting them up.

I look at all of them... I'll be sure to post about it when I do. Never thought about it before, just took it for granted....

You got a few sweet "Mud Bunnies" too!!!
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 09:42:11 AM »

C'mon Bush.  Do you really post up the pics for a couple atta boys?  Just like the pics I post, you posted because you had a good time and you're proud of it.  If you have some interest in increasing participation at these events, you are certainly doing the right thing by posting these pics.  It's called advertising.  Otherwise, don't do it if all you're looking for is the pat on the back.

ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 09:51:38 AM »

There was a post about this, they acquired the first 200 acres and are working on another I believe 1200 acres. (But with the OHV fund being raided, there is a sticky about this posted by GrizzlyBear) who knows what will happen.

Anoriginal's comments are right on point about support, illegal riding etc.

As far as folks posting about riding I know alot of folks cannot afford to ride like they used to, or have actually sold their rides. This due to the economy which then brings us to the political talk. The state of the country has brought politics to the forefront for everyone.

The land for thr Polk county park was purchased with OHV Grant monies and the design of the park is complete.
As with all guberment projects things move slow.

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com