Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderbowl Speedway is open under new Management  (Read 8484 times)
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »

After much deliberation, I have decided to close Thunderbowl Speedway. It is purely a business decision, as we, like many others, have been a victim of the poor economy.
I have had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people in my time out there. Thank you to everyone who helped and and made up the finest group of people that I've ever raced and dealt with.
All of the races for the remainder of the year have been cancelled. I will no longer operate or be affiliated with the facility, nor will I run or promote any races there. I have been told the prior operators are re-opening the bar, so I will not be going anywhere near there. Anyone who remembers it before me knows why.

By the way.... I haven't forgot.... I still have to hand out trophies for the Thunderbowl Spring TT & Flat Track Points Series. I will try to do this at an upcoming SDTA race, with a date to be determined.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, text, or email me.
352-266-3466
atv_race@yahoo.com

Thank You
Brady Windsor

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:54:17 AM by 2 wheeled flat tracker » Logged
250rsith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »

Sorry to hear about that. I only raced there twice this year and did my first TT race. You and the guys that I meet there are really friendly and helpfull, never thought meeting great quality people there, had fun. This poor economy has hit use hard to everybody. hope to see you guys around some time soon and we keep up prying the Lord that things will get better.

thanks for everythingand take care
Pablo

TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »

Thank you for having a great place for as long as you could. I know how hard you guys worked. I can't remember ever having a bad time there.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »

Thanks for all you and your crew have done. We have made alot of memories and friends over the last few years and enjoyed racing in and watching some awesome races.

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Rflattrackmatt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »

WOW, Just when we get goin again. I am not for the bar being open but I thought the new guys were going to run the race this weekend. Can anyone clear that up or is Sumter the new local track. I will need to invest in tires if it is. That place really eats thru them
jervis961

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!   Cry Cry Cry

The kids are heart broken but trying to be understanding at the same time.  It was fun while it lasted and thanks for everything.

Misfitz Race Team.  Alex Jervis 116 and Megan Jervis 115
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

I too would also like to thank Brady Windsor and the entire T-Bowl staff for all of there hard work in the past to promote and schedule Flat Track Racing in Florida, we have had some great times & even talked alot of smack on the forum of which I truly enjoyed, unfortunately we will not get to see Brady wearing all of the pink garb that I bought when he lost a TT race to me. I hope to see Brady racing at some of the upcoming SDTA races in the near future.

The SDTA is now being run by myself (Shawn McNary), Ward Jones & Ray Delacqueseaux, we had our first event this past Sat at Sumter and the turn out was average but the event itself was very successful and we were finshed with the finals at 10:10P.M.

Shawn, Ward & Ray are Professional business men during the day and part time promoters for Flat Track Racing, we are new to this but have been closely involved with Motorcycle racing all of our lives. I believe we can be successfull with running the SDTA and promoting events in the future.

SDTA will be racing at Thunderbowl this Sat Sept 26 with the new track Manager, we will introduce him at the riders meeting but the SDTA will be running the show just as we did at Sumter, this means sign up will happen at the back of my trailer. There are currently no membership fee's for SDTA or Thunderbowl speedway.

Gates open @ 1:00
Practice     @ 3:00
Heat races @ 5:00

Gate Entry
5 & Under – Free
6 to 11 - $5.00
12 & up – 10.00

Entry fees for adult classes               $35.00
Entry fees for Pee-Wee classes          $15.00
Expert M/C & Expert Quad $$ classes   $50.00 with 80% purse payback

As with any transition period there will be minor differences in the way things are done so please be patient this Sat and stay tuned for new things to come including a full schedule for the SDTA Fall/Winter series.

Best Regards
Shawn McNary
Gulley421

It Ain't Braggin, If You Can Back It Up!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 02:58:52 PM »

I really hate to hear that. Step away from the forum for a few days and log back on and BAAM. Just want to say Thank-You to Brady and the rest of the crew at Thunderbowl, you ran a great track with an family enviroment that I love. Good Luck

A bar at a race track? Does not sound family friendly to me! Between the bar and the higher entree fees, the new owner should do great.

*2009 SDTA Pro/Am Champion*

Scott Gulley Customs
Wicked Scare Productions Inc.
Outpost Cycles
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »

Thanks Scott that was our whole mission family freindly.. and now that I said that this is how I see it...I understand how the economy is right now. We were there before Brady ever thought about buying it and the new owner is the same one as when we went there.. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW OWNER Evil!!!!!!!! We tried our hardest exspically Rick to give you guys a good fun family friendly track to race on. We have seen what it is like with the bar there and we would suggest not bringing the kids.  Cry
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »

Sad to hear Brady is giving it up. I remember when it was going the other way too. Brady turned it around and turned it into a first class act. I've got great respect for Brady and RD. Both did what they could to bring the track in and make it race ready. Not an easy feat. Making it family friendly, I think, was key in Brady having the success he did. I know if I hear of him going out somewhere else and not leasing with intent to buy, or however the arrangement, I'll race. Always put on a helluva show.
Absolute best bang for the buck. RD deserves as much of the kudos too. I'd like to thank him as well as the rest, Liz, Jennifer and Teddy. Hopefully, They will come around now and again as I made friendships with them that I think were worthy of lots of smiles. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Richard.

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Sandbagger11

annoying people since 1974

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »

Sorry to hear the bad news.  Brady, Rick and the rest of the staff will be greatly missed.  I hope to see ya at some other race tacks ... Sandbagger

07 Maxium TT Vet champ
jennifer~at~thunderbowl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »

I don’t want to step on any toes, or cause any drama. However, I completely agree if the bar is open and it is the same “crowd” does not bring your children. If the bar opens and returns to the “same ole bar” (which I am unsure if it will) there were things happening that are for adult eyes only. Not just that- thing about a racer in the bar then on the track. We saw that happening before.
 I have worked at TB on and off for 10 years. When the bar was open- there was no friendships per say. The employees did our thing and left. 
Teddy and I will miss the races, we will miss the family fun, and most of all miss the friendships.
I am not saying that the crowd, bar or racers will in anyway be the same…. I am just giving my opinion on my previous experience. We wish everyone the best of luck! Stay safe!

Jennifer & Teddy Morrison
KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »

Well, I do not even know where to begin, !st and formost  Brady. you are and always will be one h-ll of a person, you have always been there for all of us and gave us the opportunity to make many friends. Even threw all the rough times you have been threw over the past year and a half you never gave up on TB. Thanks for providing us a great place to come hang out, race and have fun with our families. I have met many great people at TB.
Rick,Teddy,Liz, and Jen thanks for everything you contributed also. It has been fun.

I hope everyone realizes HOW much Brady has put into TB. This was not easy for Brady to do I am know.

I can tell you it will be missed.

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
Tired Iron

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 04:05:31 AM »

Booze and racing is never a good mix.
41bobbysdad

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 07:31:36 AM »

might have to try to get that one that was built in the ocala area a few months ago ready!!!!Don't think we will participate !!

2009  Thunderbowl Speedway P.W. quad b TT and FT CHAMP

http://www.mxresultz.com/bobby41         http://atv.loopd.com/Members/Bobby41/Home.aspx
Backwoods Racin
Supreme Member

Backwoods Racin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »

Travis and Meghan started racing at t-bowl when Brady first took it over,we had a lot of good times, met a lot of good people and made a lot of good friends, we will miss all of it very much. We all want to thank Brady, Rick, Liz, Teddy and Jennifer for a job well done.                          Randy, Jean, Travis And Meghan 

Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL
TadZilla-17

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

Well I hate to hear that Brady had to close the great place to race like the THUNDERBOWL but as long as we have a wonderful president in office like we have that keeps bailing out CEO"s of big companys and keeps on pissing on the little man out there just trying to run a Fun place to hang out at and race with a bunch of geat racers families and  friends, what can we expect. We all know that Brady did everything he could to keep THUNDERBOWL operating, but when some of YA'll wouldn't show up to support the track even after Brady change the times so TT Racing could be ran at night so it would be cooler . Enough is enough I could complain all nite, but I think that we owe Brady ,Rick Teddy, Liz , and Jennifer  a great big THANK YOU for making  the Thunderbowl  great as it was.

P.S It Ain't going to be the same, DRINKING & RACING don't mix .Don't wait on me to show up unless Brady opens it back up with the same crew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tadzilla #17
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:32:08 PM by TadZilla-17 » Logged
koh0001

#119 - Old & Slow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 10:03:33 PM »

Well, that sucks !!!! Due to the same financial strain and new job we have't been racing or alot of anything. I really have had alot of fun at TB. Thanks for all the work and great time guys!!! Sad to here about the bar thing. Things happen for reasons. Good luck to everyone. God bless be safe!!

The Kohler's

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com