Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New FTR season  (Read 7710 times)
400ex60c

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »

Only 8 weeks till the 09-10 FTR Hare Scramble season. 1st two are: 09/12 in Lake City and 09/26 in Bartow. This season will include Pee Wee,s and youth. Print out your
membership app and get started now to reserve your quad number
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »

Lets go racing!
I got my quad all ready. It runs strong and I can't wait.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
400ex60c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »

Only four more weeks till Hare Scramble # 1 near Lake City. Two weeks later, the show moves to Bartow. See ya 3 Stooges
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »

What class would I be in?I am 33 years old and ride a trx450 and have never raced. I want to do the hare scrambles, are there quite a bit of entries with the quads?Thanks
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »

Anyone live near Keystone Hghts. near Gainesville thats racing?
400ex60c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 07:48:25 AM »

There will a lot of quads at Lake City Sept 12 For the class to ride in, go to FTR website and lookup last years scores. you could start out in 30+ C. I know of a few riders in the Clermont area. Print  a mebership app and send it in to reserve an number
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:49:09 AM »

Yeah Nick, run 30+C class. There will be a Beginner class, but IMO thats for someone who has NEVER even thought about racing. Plus, there are no points for Beginner. You might get hooked and want to come back and race again! I know I did!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »

Thanks, I got my entry filled out and getting ready. Got to wait to order my numbers I guess. Yeah, I have been riding something for 18 years but I have never "raced". Looking forward to it. Think its going to be a blast!
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »

Thanks, I got my entry filled out and getting ready. Got to wait to order my numbers I guess. Yeah, I have been riding something for 18 years but I have never "raced". Looking forward to it. Think its going to be a blast!
Just ride to finish for the first one to get used to the abuse. The first one should be a race against yourself to find your limits in my opinion. Enjoy and get ready to become ADDICTED!  Grin
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »

Thats funny you said that because i went and watched one years ago at rodman boys ranch and them boys looked like they were about to fall out when it was over. Cant wait.
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »

Don't forget to make sure your rides are "race ready". FTR has a Tech Inspection Team this year and they will be checking all machines for correct number size, background color, kill switches, broken levers, spark arrestors, and sound levels.

If you are unsure if your machine will pass the Tech Inspection ......go to tech BEFORE you pay your entry fee.

Tech inspection is usually close to the start line.

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »

A stock bike should pass right? When you say kill switch you mean that the stock one works properly or do I need one with a tether that hooks to the rider? I did take the baffle out of my trx 450 but its still not real loud. Thanks for the heads up.
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 08:07:55 PM »

Never mind, I went on the site and read the rule book.Guess I should have done that before I asked all these questions. I now know I need to order a kill switch. Thanks for all the help.
400ex60c

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »

Make sure the spark arrestor is still in the muffler as they stick test for that. A turn down tip helps also with sound. Welcome  to FTR. Once you line up at the start, it is worth it. Don't wear yourself out on the practice lap either. Mike
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »

Never mind, I went on the site and read the rule book.Guess I should have done that before I asked all these questions. I now know I need to order a kill switch. Thanks for all the help.

Thats great you got the on-line rulebook. Reading that will help you a lot. If you need anything-start walking around the pits and start asking anyone you see. Guaranteed they will help you or steer you in the right direction.
The way we start is we line up in rows according to class. Some of us have none Tongue
Engine is off. You have to have your hands on your head. When the horn or whatever the sound they make goes off, you can start and go!! Usually they give you a 1 minute heads up followed by a 10 second heads up. My heart is PUMPING just typing it!!
Who here doesn't love the first turn rush!??
Do everything else the guys have told you and you will be fine.
Tech in FTR is happening and most everyone has been compliant.
See everyone soon!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »

MUDNURI, you my friend are a great person for this sport of ours and im looking forward to seeing all of yall Sept. 12th. Looks like im gonna be on my old a$$ 04 honda but, gonna try to keep it moving. See all of you at the races!!!

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »

I plan on doing some FTr races this season and hopefully will be racing the Lake city race. My question is I run the stock pipe on my 08 Trx450r I took the silensor out and I have the spart arrestor in do you think it will pass sound level tech?
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 06:17:19 AM »

Probably not beseckel. Do yourself a favor and bring the silencer. Go through tech-BEFORE- you sign up and pay. No refund if you fail tech. Do yourself another favor, put the silencer back in. The difference in power is too minimal to really make any difference except it is louder. Your brain might relate that to a lot more but, I'd be willing to bet you won't make it on a loud pipe. Get some suspension and be a sleeper. You will love it when you beat all those ding-dongs with loud pipes that can only go 1 or two laps LOL!!

Thanks for the nice words Pledger. I have tried very hard to serve FTR and it's members as best I can. Being a quadder has made me try and do even more. I do hope others will step up to keep this club going. I am glad Jen Albright began writing for the magazine. Nothing like getting an issue with hardly any stories. You know you can contribute. Send pictures and/or stories to the magazine and it will probably get published.
I'm going riding today down in Ft Lauderdale and next weekend in Okeechobee if you all want to go?

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 01:58:16 AM »

Who here doesn't love the first turn rush!??

I know I do!!!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 09:41:09 AM »

We will be doing random checks on the start line for spark arrestors also

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
NICKG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »

GETTING CLOSE NOW. I GOT MY NUMBER AND ITS 18c SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ME IN LAKE CITY. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com