Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you ride a quad beware of HardRock MX  (Read 19718 times)
bseckel

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »

Well I am a part of a website called TampaBayridindirty.com and about 6 -10 members used to frequent HardRock MX every sunday, until today that is. Today the Owner of this facility showed what type of person he and his son is. My friends were riding the Outback track when the owners son ran into two people Both on quad's. One was a woman who was trying to learn how to ride the track. First of all the outback track is a beginners and quad track with mostly table tops and small jumps. So first the son come up to them and starts cursing at the woman saying that she is a stupid Bi@#h and that she cant ride, and how he is a pro rider. well mr. pro rider go to the main track where its more to your level and if you are to ride the Beginners track dont complain if someone gets in your way. anyway The father then comes over and runs over two peoples boots with the mule and hits the woman with it and then starts acting like a complete moron, Calling the cops on my friends and telling them to leave. This was all due to his son and him acting like morons. So needless to say the riders from Tampabayridindirty.com will no longer ride at HardRock anymore. Maybe the $200.00-$250.00 he loses will not meen anything to him but I hope other people who read this and have had the same things happen to them post up and let people know what type of person they are giving there money to.
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »

Just WOW. Your friends said nothing to him and he called the cops on them? That's just craziness..  Shocked

750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.
Baileygunns

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »

There has to be more to this story....

A Pro rider on a beginner track yells at a beginner rider then the father shows up.... On a Mule?Huh  I assume he wasn't riding around the track on a Side by Side so he must have some how caught wind of the issue at hand.... And who stands still to let some one run their toes over???

Start from the beginning and finish at the end...

Don't forget to include what really happened....
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:27:24 PM »

Wow Bailey. You should check out a book by Dale Carnegie called "How to win friends and influence people." Perhaps it would help you to have a little better tact.

The "alleged" pro rider is the owners son. He also has a track record of having this behavior. Little boy went crying to daddy who then drove up on his mule. All the riders involved are stand up people. Things happened as described. What's so unplausable about this story?

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:32:29 PM »

There has to be more to this story....

A Pro rider on a beginner track yells at a beginner rider then the father shows up.... On a Mule?Huh  I assume he wasn't riding around the track on a Side by Side so he must have some how caught wind of the issue at hand.... And who stands still to let some one run their toes over???

Start from the beginning and finish at the end...

Don't forget to include what really happened....

The owner and his son are both douche bags for sure, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case. I would of put both of them on there backs.... Angry

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Baileygunns

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 12:13:01 AM »

Nothing was described...

P.S. I write reports for a living... I'm an L.E.O.

"My friends were riding the Outback track when the owners son ran into two people Both on quad's." 

(Were you there or is this 3rd hand info a.k.a  hearsay?)

"So first the son come up to them and starts cursing at the woman saying that she is a stupid Bi@#h and that she cant ride, and how he is a pro rider"

(Right out of the blue or is there more???)

"well mr. pro rider go to the main track where its more to your level and if you are to ride the Beginners track dont complain if someone gets in your way."

(I assume she cut him off?)

"anyway The father then comes over and runs over two peoples boots with the mule and hits the woman with it and then starts acting like a complete moron, Calling the cops on my friends and telling them to leave."

(For real? Ran over 2 people and hit a 3rd? No one moved?)

"This was all due to his son and him acting like morons. So needless to say the riders from Tampabayridindirty.com will no longer ride at HardRock anymore. Maybe the $200.00-$250.00 he loses will not meen anything to him but I hope other people who read this and have had the same things happen to them post up and let people know what type of person they are giving there money to."

(I'm a "rider" on "Tampabayridindirty.com" and no one said I'm not riding there... Be sure you represent every one before you make a blanket statement)

"The "alleged" pro rider is the owners son. He also has a track record of having this behavior. Little boy went crying to daddy who then drove up on his mule. All the riders involved are stand up people. Things happened as described. What's so unplausable about this story?"

(So he left then came back???)

I never questioned the character of the people(s) involved, just the totality of the facts and circumstances. I'm sure some of the things happened as described... And some were left out. There isn't a question of plausability. It is totaly plausable. I'm asking about the whole story not bits and pieces. Start with the basics... Who, What, When, Where, Why and How... I tell everyone I have fill out a statement to answer those questions. Leave out your emotions and fill the blanks with facts.

So I reiterate...

"Start from the beginning and finish at the end...

Don't forget to include what really happened...."

"Wow Bailey. You should check out a book by Dale Carnegie called "How to win friends and influence people." Perhaps it would help you to have a little better tact."

(I'm not here to "win" friends... I assume you read the book?)

TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 06:59:28 AM »

The owner, his son and Mr LEO bailyleygunns (professional report writer) all come off as jerks in this thread.  I can't stand people like this and try to avoid contact with them.
 Flaming

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Slo Poke

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 08:35:10 AM »

here is the orginal quote from one of the riders that was there and involved...

"So there are many ways this can be said but this is what happened about an hour ago. Me,nick,sara,derek,brittany,tommy and his friend, curtis and his 2 friends were all out at hardrock today and about an hour into riding the owners son is on the track with a few of us, at some point he ran into nick, and later on that same lap he ran into brittany hard enouph to chip her rim up a little, afterward he slid off the bike and started to yell at brittany. 15 min later the owner and his son confront our group and almost immediatley starts calling nick and everyone else very rude and uncalled for names. the owner and his son got into both nicks face and tommys face though tommy could not hold back from lauphing. nick got soooooo pissed off and nearly got into a fight. So the owner called the cops and we waited for them to get there. while we were waiting the arguing was still going on and at one point the owner started the mule and hit, nick, brittany and tommy(they are all ok just some red marks). when the cops arrived about 10-15 min later, we were all told that we have to leave no matter what, if we wanted a refund then we would have to take him to civil court. so we packed up and left, everyone except me, derek and brittany went to 301 for the rest of the day. after all is said and done nobody from todays group wants to go back, and i personally think that if you mess with one TBRD member then you mess with all of us! we are legally able to go back but the owner allready said he would immediatley kick us out again. the only other thing interesting about today was that i rolled my bike onto myself and had to have sara help me up."

Bailey is kinda right, in that Brian didnt post the whole story...just a warning to other quad riders....

keep in mind that many from this group of riders are "regulars" at hard rock...they are there between 3 and 4 times a month!!!!  for someone to act as they acted to their paying regular customers is simply ridiculous...

i personally know, ride or race with most of the people involved here and i can tell you they are all quality, stand-up, people who are good and responsible riders.....

of course everyone says they would be throwing punches, but that shows you what type of people you are dealing with, even when threatened, they did the right thing...

so bottom line... f**k HARD ROCK CYCLE PARK.....I HOPE THEY GET SUED AND SHUT DOWN...

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »

How's that for a report Mr. LEO??

Careful now......he's a LEO and writes reports for a living.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 11:09:28 AM »

Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Baileygunns

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »

The owner, his son and Mr LEO bailyleygunns (professional report writer) all come off as jerks in this thread.  I can't stand people like this and try to avoid contact with them.
 Flaming

Just looking for the whole story and letting you know where I come from... Don't feel threatend because in these hard economic times, I'm gainfully employed. You have people of all kinds on here and I'm sure I'm not the only one in my profession posting.

I've never told a plummer how to sweat pipes and if one asked me to explain my leak, I would take the time to explain it... Not just tell him there's water on the floor...

If I come off as a "Jerk" because I asked some questions about a topic I was interested in... Sorry? Obviosly there was more to the story...  Slo Poke did a much better job in explaining what happened... He actualy told or quoted the story not just the outcome. 

I never questioned if you guys were "quality, stand-up people"... I'm sure you are... I just questioned what happened. That's what these forums are for, asking questions and passing info. Looks like we covered it all here.

I've never been to Hardrock but have been told it was a nice place to ride from a co-worker... I'll pass this info on to him and I will consider this situation before making a trip over there to ride...  I dout it will be anytime soon now...

So... Keep crushing stupid people... You're doing a great job!!

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 11:32:22 AM »

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Here.....have a donut.   Kiss

All better now?

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »

Flaming

Just looking for the whole story and letting you know where I come from... Don't feel threatend because in these hard economic times, I'm gainfully employed. You have people of all kinds on here and I'm sure I'm not the only one in my profession posting.

I've never told a plummer how to sweat pipes and if one asked me to explain my leak, I would take the time to explain it... Not just tell him there's water on the floor...

If I come off as a "Jerk" because I asked some questions about a topic I was interested in... Sorry? Obviosly there was more to the story...  Slo Poke did a much better job in explaining what happened... He actualy told or quoted the story not just the outcome. 

I never questioned if you guys were "quality, stand-up people"... I'm sure you are... I just questioned what happened. That's what these forums are for, asking questions and passing info. Looks like we covered it all here.

I've never been to Hardrock but have been told it was a nice place to ride from a co-worker... I'll pass this info on to him and I will consider this situation before making a trip over there to ride...  I dout it will be anytime soon now...

So... Keep crushing stupid people... You're doing a great job!!

He sterilizes them now, nuts please....... Wave

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 12:41:29 PM »

I don't think anyone felt threatened by your claim of being an LEO, Professional Report Writer.  A jerk is a jerk no matter what profession they have.  Jerks who are also LEOs are the worse kind IMHO.  Wink

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »

Baileygunns, I'm also LEO (Deputy Sheriff) and I totally believed his story when I read it. But maybe that's because I've been on this site for more than 5yrs and you've only been here a few days now  Undecided . The reason why I believe him is because this is not the 1st incident the rogue son and his dad have acted this way with quad riders. Same exact M/O with a completely different group of people.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »

I didnt know that LEO's had to write up reports for issuing parking tickets? Do you get to ride one of those cool 3 wheelers I see downtown? lighten up Frances.

250rsith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 02:54:51 PM »

I'm not a LEO but it's truth that the owner has an attitude, once I suggested to do like a membership for local rider, that could go on a regular basis to the track, and will help the riders with the cost, also adding more entry for him by doing a better price and he wrote back with this kind of an JERK attitude telling me to buy the track if I wanted to have a place like that, he was not going to help anybody, or hear any suggestion either.

It's a great place but the owner is a complete JERK.

TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25
KISSmyACE1025

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »

Basically everything got very blown out of proportion.  A simple "my bad guys" or "sorry" whether he meant it or not, would have helped the two riders (friends of mine) get over the situation.  We were riding on the Outback track, which is a beginner's track, with mostly just table tops that is very quad friendly as well.  The son is supposedly a "pro" rider, but who really knows whether or not that is true.  It was muddy due to a lot of rain in the past few days and many riders including myself were riding on the outer edge in certain places to avoid swimming in the mud and covering the people behind you.  Keep in mind this was just a free ride day and not a race.  The son was on a kx250 and bounced off the rear rim of a female beginner rider, chipped her beadlock rim and it sent him into the grass where he got off his bike and continued to go off on her.  The other incident was in the same lap, where he hit a guy on a yfz450 who is not slow, not necessarily a beginner, but would move to get out of the way of someone faster.  Apparently he didn't move to where the owner's son wanted and they collided, pinning the yfz rider's elbow between his handle bar and the dirtbike/owner's son.  

The son got agitated because, well he owns the place.  Words were exchanged between him and the guy on the yfz, Nick.  Nick said "bro what happened there?" then they got in each other's faces.  The son had told the father, the father was there on the mule (that's how they travel around from track to track at the park).  Then Nick ended up with both the owner and son in his face, but was trying to avoid things getting physical for fear of going to jail.  The owner proceeded to use excessive profanity towards just about every rider in our group of 10 people, including myself who is apparently a "dumbass".  I have never met a man who could yell at a woman the way he yelled at the girl who's back tire got hit by the son on the dirtbike.  She did nothing wrong IMO.  The owner also began yelling at one of our friends who tried to stick up for her, and was so much in his face, that he was touching the mouth piece of the helmet the kid was wearing.  

He was very confrontational, very aggressive, almost like he wanted someone to hit him.  We told him he was losing a lot of business by this whole thing happening.  We refused to leave until we got our money back - $25 each, times 10 people.  He called the cops and we gave them our side, they seemed sympathetic but there's nothing they could do because it was his property.  We were also told by one of the Sgt.s that it's not the first time they've been called out to remove people from the park.  We loaded up peacefully (for the most part lol), because no money would be given back to us unless we took him to civil court. Lame if you ask me.

All in all, a very big disappointment to myself and the people I ride with.  Hardrock was my "happy place" but it seems we won't be back there, at least not for a while.  It could have been avoided if there was a little more sportsmanship involved, or just manners in general.  

So there's the facts Bailey. Now you know.

Sara #10
'05 Honda TRX450r & '05 Honda TRX400ex
KISSmyACE1025

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

I'm not a LEO but it's truth that the owner has an attitude, once I suggested to do like a membership for local rider, that could go on a regular basis to the track, and will help the riders with the cost, also adding more entry for him by doing a better price and he wrote back with this kind of an JERK attitude telling me to buy the track if I wanted to have a place like that, he was not going to help anybody, or hear any suggestion either.

It's a great place but the owner is a complete JERK.

But now they have memberships available... lol.

Sara #10
Slo Poke

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Sara...im really surpised you didnt throw somma dat 84lb frame on him...MMA style...ground and pound....woooot!!! Tongue

Good write up f'sho.... ^^

KX250 on the outback track...impressive...

moral to the story = HardRock is owned by a bunch of douches...

TRXASAURUS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »

i think if i owned the place i would be gratious in todays economy for folks coming to ride.  if a situation were to come up, deal with it in a professional business manner.  hardrock is a business, personal property or not.

i have to remind myself often but its best to be kind.

check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com
KISSmyACE1025

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »

Sara...im really surpised you didnt throw somma dat 84lb frame on him...MMA style...ground and pound....woooot!!! Tongue

Good write up f'sho.... ^^

KX250 on the outback track...impressive...

moral to the story = HardRock is owned by a bunch of douches...

I honestly would have loved to lol... but no one laid a finger on me, so I wasn't gonna attack. 
I was too busy keeping Nick from swinging on him. I have NEVER seen him that mad, he was so pissed he was shaking. 

Sara #10
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »

someone gets into my face where spittle hits me I am sweeping the leg! What a bunch of douchbags running that rat hole! You guys should have given them a redneck beat down!

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
candidate zero

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »

I was one of the people involved, even though his son didn't hit me on the track. I had just got off my quad when the owner got in my face, his nose was touching the nose piece of my helmet, and he was yelling at me. I could tell he was just baiting me to hit him though, so I laughed at him, said a few things, and walked away before I did something I'd regret. He did hit me with the mule..who ever said "why would you stand there?" He didn't say hey move we're driving off, he hit the gas with no warning.

I've never seen someone that was so disrespectful to a female, or even their customers in general and it was all I had not to hit him, and I'm really glad Nick didn't either. The first officer basically told us we were out of luck, although the other officers were really cool.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:57:51 PM by candidate zero » Logged

'06 LTR
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »

I have the new name for hardrock, "Douche-rock".  Cool