Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TITLES !! ARE F-ING STUPID  (Read 15012 times)
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »

Do you know where can I find the data that shows ATV thefts per year in Florida?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 10:31:41 PM »

Do you know where can I find the data that shows ATV thefts per year in Florida?

I couldn't find it, but I have requested this info from the FDLE via email and will let everyone know if/when I get it. On their website it does show that property theft in general has decreased since 1989 hitting a low in 2005 before a slight incline in 06 and 07 with 08 being approximately the same rate as in 07. Motor vehicle thefts (combined) has greatly decreased since 1989 until 2005 when it hit what amounts to a slight decline until another significant drop in rate from 2007 to  2008. However, this doesn't specify rates for off highway vehicles in particular. Once I get that info I'll let everyone know how that rates compares to property crime and vehicle crime.

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »

Unfortunately no luck with the FDLE. Got a response today stating that they didn't have information that would answer my request. They suggested asking the DMV, but that would only show how many title transaction there were, not how many titled OHV's were stolen. Any other suggestions ?

Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 09:26:16 PM »

I understand some peoples negative opinions on titles, but imagine if you truck or car did not have a title.  What would stop you neighbor from taking it and saying it was thiers.  Too bad the state did not start this earlier than 2002 then it would be standard to have a title and this post would not have come up.  Anyone who steals quads in my opinion are straight out scum bags and if titles prevent those mother Fu&$ers from taking what I worked so hard for, than I'm all for the titles.  And I agree the one time fee is hopefully going to help or sport not hurt it.  As far as Croom goes, I know they have been putting a little money into the place, but trail grooming would be a good investment.  I would volunteer to pull a groomer behind my ATV to help with the whoops.  Again these are just my opinions.

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »

I understand some peoples negative opinions on titles, but imagine if you truck or car did not have a title.  What would stop you neighbor from taking it and saying it was thiers.  Too bad the state did not start this earlier than 2002 then it would be standard to have a title and this post would not have come up.  Anyone who steals quads in my opinion are straight out scum bags and if titles prevent those mother Fu&$ers from taking what I worked so hard for, than I'm all for the titles.  And I agree the one time fee is hopefully going to help or sport not hurt it.  As far as Croom goes, I know they have been putting a little money into the place, but trail grooming would be a good investment.  I would volunteer to pull a groomer behind my ATV to help with the whoops.  Again these are just my opinions.

Understood that titles clearly demonstrate ownership, but with ohv's that can be picked up and transported covertly and used on private land without scrutiny, titles are often useless. In theory they're great, but in practice fail to achieve the desired effect in many cases. It's like saying drugs are illegal and expecting people to refrain due to the letter of the law. Unfortunately, it's not the case.

dirtrider2003

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »

TITLES ARE THE STUPIDEST THING THAT HAS EVER CAME TO BE! People either won't buy your bike because it has no title or the want to pay you like $2 for it! For instance if you have something up for sale at like $2000, they'll lowball you at like $1000. JUST BECAUSE IT HAS NO TITLE! Even though the bike is the cleanest used bike you'll ever come across, they don't want to pay shiiiiii!!!

mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »

I second that. They are not a deterrent to theft of ATVs. If they were, the state would've started using them much sooner and all states would require them. They are a means to gather funds for the state. I really don't have a problem with that as the fees really aren't that high. Sales tax is often higher.

But, it is extremely frustrating when you have an ATV with a title that can't be transferred to a new owner because the previous lien holder didn't file the proper paper work. AND, any attempts to contact the previous lien holder go unanswered. The DMV just tells you tough luck, we can't take your title fees and tax money because you don't have the proper form filled out by a certain person.

This is how legitimate ATVs and dirt bikes end up in a gray area. They were either repossessed by the bank and auctioned off and sold by bums on Craigslist with useless tainted titles, or a title was lost some where along the line and now they can't be retitled. Florida is notoriously horrible when it comes to this and I frankly abhor and despise going to the DMV tax collector in any county.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »

TITLES ARE THE STUPIDEST THING THAT HAS EVER CAME TO BE! People either won't buy your bike because it has no title or the want to pay you like $2 for it! For instance if you have something up for sale at like $2000, they'll lowball you at like $1000. JUST BECAUSE IT HAS NO TITLE! Even though the bike is the cleanest used bike you'll ever come across, they don't want to pay shiiiiii!!!

Umm, yeah....well, that was brilliant.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »

Umm, yeah....well, that was brilliant.

Matt?? Is that you? No way.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »

I am still alive and kicking. I even rode my bike this weekend in South Carolina.

We'll get together soon. Are you going to make some trips with me this year into the Cypress?

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
t8tr250

2007 Trx 250ex FBF edition

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »

I am still alive and kicking. I even rode my bike this weekend in South Carolina.

We'll get together soon. Are you going to make some trips with me this year into the Cypress?
LOL  Huh

2007 Trx 250ex FBF edition
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 01:15:14 PM »

Do drunks piss on walls..  Aug 1 is approaching quickly.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com