Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TITLES !! ARE F-ING STUPID  (Read 15040 times)
quads_only
Supreme Member

initialsix.com

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »

I THINK TITLES ARE STUPID AND REALLY HAVE NO IMPACT ON ANYTHING EXCEPT THE STATES POCKET.   

What does anyone else Have to say about this subject?Huh 

pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »

I don't understand that bullsnot either both of my bikes don't have titles. wtf no I can't take them anywhere state owned because I didn't pay the state some f-ing tax..
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 03:34:41 PM »

We've know idea where to find stats which demonstrate how the process has aided in the arrest and conviction of thieves. But, you pay the $20-25 title fee one-time. It's not an annual fee like boat, trailer and car registration. And, we still manage to pay $30 one-day entrance fees to L-Cross, Seminole MX, Motoplex, Durhamtown, etc. whenever we want to. And, that cheap fee discourages and prevents certain people I've seen from destroying some public lands and/or ruining our enjoyment of it. Besides, you have other $20 bills to slip into that garter, now don't you?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
bwfish

Life to short not to enjoy it!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

I think titles are a good thing. The $30 to the state s_cks but have your trailer stolen and resold on a bill of sale and someone purchases a tag for it you will want the state to start titling trailers.

2009 Rhino SE 700 14" ITP w/27"mudlites
2009 rzr
2007 transformer4
2009 Polaris Ranger 500
2003 kaw 250 Bayou
2009 Kaw 50
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 08:49:22 PM »

I THINK TITLES ARE STUPID AND REALLY HAVE NO IMPACT ON ANYTHING EXCEPT THE STATES POCKET.   

You are absolutely correct.

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »

They're not stupid. It provides a means to demonstrate actual ownership of a bike and to ensure that people are not dealing in stolen goods. Without titles, thieves' jobs would be much easier.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:53:02 PM »

They're not stupid. It provides a means to demonstrate actual ownership of a bike and to ensure that people are not dealing in stolen goods. Without titles, thieves' jobs would be much easier.

While this is true, it seems to be of very little deterrent for those thieves that steal them in the first place. If there's ever a question a title solves it, but when bikes are stolen it's not all that common to find them to need a title to verify them. We pay for them, but see little in the way of benefit in the way of riding areas.

quads_only
Supreme Member

initialsix.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »

I think titles are a good thing. The $30 to the state s_cks but have your trailer stolen and resold on a bill of sale and someone purchases a tag for it you will want the state to start titling trailers.
I think in this instance, that it is an item that is on the road and would be easier to find or locate because the visibility of it is 1000 percent more.

how often do you actually think a cop or authority has actually stopped someone to check for a title on a quad, or dirtbike.  Ive had many quad, dirtbike, and three wheeler and I have never been stopped or checked in 22 yrs.

My belief is that if you need to have a title for those you should be required to have a title for your riding lawn mower, every bicycle you own, a go cart, and your mini go ped with a weedwacker engine. IT'S JUST STUPID!!

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »

Well, that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it. However, having seem first hand the benefit of a titled vehicle of any kind, I can tell you that titles are a great thing.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
quads_only
Supreme Member

initialsix.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »

It would make more sense to me if we actually really benefit from them. If we could street legalize them, and use them as transportation or got some more places to ride than that dump called croom. (they should call it whoops and trails of doom)

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 04:33:49 PM »

My belief IS that you need to have a title for your riding lawn mower, every bicycle you own, a go cart, and your mini go ped with a weedwacker engine if you want to start riding those things in ONF/BC and other public lands!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:36:07 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

t8tr250

2007 Trx 250ex FBF edition

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »

if we pay for the title we should be able to ride on the rode i dont know what county u live in but in herenando u cant ride on secondary roads but next door in sumter u can  Angry

B. Graves

Go Gators!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »

I think titles on OHVs are absolutely pointless. I dont even care if my bikes have titles. Hell, until 2002 or 2003 they didnt so why freaking start? Nobody even really seems to care anymore. Its not like they will help you find your bike. thieves can get a $200 frame and put a engine and everything else from a $3,000 bike and then sell the frame they had for 200 without a title and theyve completely got around it. Or, they can scratch the VIN off. I dont see how they help the recovery of bikes. Most riding areas do not have people checking VINs. I personally dont know if anybody does. I have never ridden on Gov. property. Tracks, RR, SE, etc dont give a rats ass. I too have never been stopped and asked to show my VIN on my bike to a cop. They probably dont care either. I can see the need for on road vehicles but not for OHVs. Thats my $.02.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »

Everyone forgets what the title money is being used for.  Improvements to the atv riding ares.  Currently it has funded improvements to Croom, Tate's Hell, Ocala National Forest, Applach forest. In addition, it has funded a new area in Baker County, Santa Rosa County and Polk County.  This year the money was used to fund many of the shortfalls necessary to keep the areas open.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »

Folks forget on purpose because it's all about them, alone. For the past several years, while costs have risen sharply, we've demanded and received all kinds of income/property tax cuts. We were told that services would not be cut because we going to save through increased efficiencies and elimination of unnecessary spending. Today, we're increasing entrance/hunting/fishing/user fees at all government lands/parks. We're cutting out services, laying off police, fire, teachers, etc. and eliminating athletic programs in our schools so our kids can become even fatter. I'm not suggesting we raise taxes, but, if you don't want to pay taxes or increased fees, don't visit state/federal parks and take your fat kids to the gym or local Y.

t8tr250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »

dude that hurts me    0__0
                             -     -

quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »

You are absolutely incorrect. I payed for the title fee for my quad, big deal. Now if it gets stolen it can be tracked if the person tries to sell it.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 09:51:18 AM »

You are absolutely incorrect. I payed for the title fee for my quad, big deal. Now if it gets stolen it can be tracked if the person tries to sell it.

That is a good theory and all, but if i was a thief (which I am not) I would have your bike in a million pieces in about 3 hours. Have the frame sawed up and in the scrap yard. Title doesn't really apply and sometimes bikes are worth more parted out.

buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »

That is a good theory and all, but if i was a thief (which I am not) I would have your bike in a million pieces in about 3 hours. Have the frame sawed up and in the scrap yard. Title doesn't really apply and sometimes bikes are worth more parted out.

That's the real world truth of the matter and the reason why titles are basically pointless for a vehicle that can be picked up and hauled away, then parted out or used on private property. It's not like road vehicles that need a tag to operate, and if they did thieves would just use them on private lands where there is no scrutiny from law enforcement. In theory they're good, in practice they are worthless in 99% of cases.

quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 01:03:45 PM »

Or what someone did to a friend of mine they stole his bike then spray painted the whole thing. He got it back though and its looking pretty good.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »

Or what someone did to a friend of mine they stole his bike then spray painted the whole thing. He got it back though and its looking pretty good.

WOW! thieve are definitely not the smartest people in the world! Nothing like rattle can restoration on your bike! LOL  Cool

mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »

How long have titles been used for ATVs in this state?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »

started issueing around 2003

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »

Has there been a decrease in ATV thefts since then?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »

considerable.  Most of the stolen ATV's are taken to Alabama where they do not have a title.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com