Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I live in Apopka does anyone know any close places to ride?  (Read 7675 times)
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »

I just bought a Polaris predator 500 and I am looking to purchase another ATV for my girlfriend. Anyways I live in Apopka and I was wondering if there is anybody who knows some places to ride around here? by the way I am not some stupid kid who is going to come draw attn. to your spot. I just want somewhere to go ride and have some fun and maybe meet some people to ride with.
Thanks
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »

We make the 45 minute ride up to Wandering Wiregrass in the ONF quite often.  Or you can go another 40 miles and hit Delancy with us.

Anything closer than that is either not up for discussion, not for a utility ATV, or you'll end up paying a fine with the local police.
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:28:23 PM »

Hey shoot me an email at jpatterson88@ymail.com when yall are going and directions. Thanks for the input
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »

Hi pred 500 I don't know how far Apopka is from the Flagler/St.Johns Co line is but there is a cool place to ride,let me know if is or isint to far can give you more info.

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »

Is that around Bunnell? I think it is about an hour and half drive not to bad for a good place to ride. Is the spot all mud or can you get around with 2wd.
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »

The closest LEGAL place I know of to ride by you is the Ocala National Forest.  They have 100s of miles of trails in different sections.  If you go to the Ocala section on this website it will tell you what legally you have to have to ride there.  The campground at Delancy is very nicely done if you are a camper.  Good luck!  Dawn
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »

Hey shoot me an email at jpatterson88@ymail.com when yall are going and directions. Thanks for the input

I added you to the e-mail list.  I usually organize rides once or twice a month depending on everyone's schedule.  Expect to get an e-mail in the near future...
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »

Thanks speedquest. I will be looking out for the emails.
z400250

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »

croom is about an hour west of you on 50!!
2700 acres!!!

pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 04:43:13 PM »

Yeah but I heard something about no sportquads there do you have to have your title?
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »

Don't you HATE that no sport quad thing.  I heard Triple Canopy is going to be no sport quads too.  Redneck Yacht club started with the no sport quad rule, but then changed it.

Speed, do I get to be on the list too...wooo hoooo!  Dawn
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »

Yeah I do hate it and can some one explain the idea behind the no sport quad rule?
SpeedQuest

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »

Yeah but I heard something about no sportquads there do you have to have your title?

Last I heard Croom was TOTALLY sport quad legal and friendly.

Dawn... send me your e-mail via PM.  I am organinzing a ride for this weekend, June 28th.  Location not decided yet.
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »

Well, I will explain the sport-quad theory like I explained it to a friend of mine who has one.  When we ride. there's us riding along and then there is him like an annoying little bee buzzing in and out really fast and around and you want to just swat him.  The fact that he drives a yellow quad also helps in my theory.  haha

Actually, if you ever watch quad riders, the ones riding sport quads are the ones going from 0 to 60 in a matter of feet ripping up the trail and whipping cirles, etc., and they are just harder on the trails I think so they all get a bad rep.  But I think it is really a personality thing.  Because I have a cute bike that looks like a sports quad but it has 4 on the fly and, in fact, has more ccs than my friend's sport quad, but I don't ride crazy.  That same person would do the same type of riding  on a 4 by 4 quad too I think.  I vote let them in and if they are misbehaving have someone let them know what they are doing wrong and if they are caught again ask them to leave the property.  I will make up the protest signs!  haha
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

Alright well that explains it thanks and is your 4 0n the fly sport quad a yamaha wolverine 450? because I am thinking about purchasing one
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »

Yes, it is a Wolverine 450.  It is really nice having the 4 on the fly.  It rides like a tank though.  I fell every twig, rock, etc.  I do have a problem with a squeak in the back tire.  I have had it in the shop twice and was told maybe it is the brakes and I had the brakes replaced and it still squeaked and they say it is just a problem the wolverine's have.  I told him he was full of chite and that a brand new bike should not squeak, but then I had one go by me after that and it squeaked even louder than mine.  I don't know.  But the squeak is annoying only when you are going slow.

AND I was told by a head muckety muck that since my Wolverine is a 4 on the fly and is a "utility" sport quad that it technically isn't a sport quad used for racing and that it will be allowed in triple canopy.  But the raptors and Suzuki racers no. 

Last time I was in Palm Beach Yamaha, they didn't have any on the floor so maybe they don't sell them anymore? 

Have a great day!  Dawn
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 11:36:30 AM »

The local shop I took my predator 500 (not only a sport quad but a bigass one haha defiantly not gonna get that one past anybody) They had an 07 trade-in wolverine 450 with 1000 miles on it and after-market wheels for $3500 from the research I did it is great price. I want something  my girlfriend can ride auto with 4x4 and still keep up with me. Seems like the perfect bike for the job to me what do you think?

* pred.jpg (5.04 KB, 143x113 - viewed 223 times.)
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »

That is an awesome price and what is even better is that it is soooo CUTE.  Yep, that's the reason I bought mine!

Snap that sucker up, but keep the title in your name since you are not married.  And no need to rush into marriage.  No marrying or kids until you are 30.  haha  toodles!  Dawn
pred500

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »

haha thanks for the advice. Yeah I am most likely going to buy it I pick my 500 up tomm. and I am going to talk some numbers with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com