Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **ALERT** Help find a missing person  (Read 2930 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

This is for real. This is Saturday June 13th.

Gene Kapica, of FTR has been contacted by EQUISEARCH to help find a missing person.
2 weeks ago a girl was last seen leaving a bar with a guy who is in custody now. Police believe this creep killed her and there is an area that is heavily wooded and they need help finding the girl or what they believe, her remains. This is in Occee, FL which is West of Orlando area.

The EQUISEARCH people are asking for our help, along with law authorities in finding the remains of this girl.
They are forming a search group that you can be a part of starting tomorrow, Sunday the 14th. !!YOU MUST BE OVER 18 YEARS OLD!! They will not allow children to aide in this search.
Please understand this is a great opportunity to show the news media and the general public how 2 and 4 wheeling can be a benefit. We are the community and we have these machines and we as a group can network together throughout the state to help in situations like this. Kind of like an Amber Alert. We are hoping, with Gene's help, to join forces with EQUISEARCH, which is a horse community, and together when a situation arises we can search for missing people.
They came to us on this one and I hope we can help.
It's off HWY 50
If you have the will and the way to get there and help, please do.
I'd imagine since we are going to be working along with horses, full blow competition machines may be inappropriate because of sound. Please use discretion. thumpsup:
Please call Gene for the meeting and times 941-356-1151
The area is located at Clarcona St. and North Clarke Rd. in Occee, FL

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 03:26:47 PM »

I would help but I am under 18. But you make a good point, hopefully this person is still alive.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
mistercorbin

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

Who is Gene Kapica, and what is FTR..

I MAY be able to help out Monday/Tuesday if this is still going on
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:28:52 PM »

FTR = Florida Trail Riders

www.floridatrailriders.org

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »

Hi and thanks for any help. FTR is Florida Trail Riders. It is the sanctioning body for 19 different clubs spread throughout the state of Florida. They are all made of off-road motorcycle/atv racing enthusiasts.
Gene contacted EQUISEARCH back when there was a search for Kaylee Anthony. He and his clubmates volunteered to assist EQUISEARCH back then and now they are asking Gene for help.
Gene called myself and other EC members to see if our club (FTR-over 2,500 strong) along with the members of the off-road community on the forums,  could pull together over the next few days to comb these woods and possibly other areas.
Thanks again for any help.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »

Here is some contact info:

This is a very short notice!   I have been notified that the local authorities are asking us for help trying to locate this missing girl.  The person arrested has a great knowledge of this area.  Foul play is a possibility.  We need all motorcycles, ATV's and 4x4's and anyone that can help.  We are meeting at the corner of Clarcona-Ocoee Road and Clark Road at 8am.  Please please help if you can.  I was just contacted, so I know it is a very short notice.  I will be there myself.

If you can help, please call me at home.  I will follow up with another phone call at 7:45pm tonight and make sure it is on and nothing has changed.  My home number is 352-394-2430 and my cell is 407-467-4397.  This is a chance for us to help in a time of need. 

Jonny

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com