Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how can i find out who owns a boat thats been sitting for a long time?  (Read 2408 times)
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »

OK so a couple houses down there a house that no one lives in and it been like that for a few years.well there a boat that needs alot of work but it used to be registered and i want to get it but need the title and stuff so how do i find all that stuff?

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:33:16 PM »

OK so far Ive called the dmv, fwc,the number on the abandoned house sticker on the door and some other thing.the only thing i got is the guys name that owns the house but the owner of the boat has i different name so idk who it is.lol

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »

I say move on, there are plenty of boats for sale on graigslist.  Why put in the time and effort on one that has been abandoned for several yrs and still needs plenty of work to end up with a issue with the title or some other problem.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »

Titling will be a nightmare. It'll just be easier to move on and find a cheap boat else where.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
offroadjunkee

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »

Probably not worth the time or effort. you can always run through a clearing house (Mass and Nevada) to get the title cleared up, but is it worth it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com