Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: holey lands newspaper article??  (Read 2234 times)
stonny9

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

By word of mouth I was told that recently there was a newspaper article about Holey Land.  Is this true?  If so what was the article about and can u post a link?

i searched sun sentinel and miami herald site but came up with nothing.

Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches

2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches
danfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »

Not sure where i saw it but is stated that the holey lands was reopened for traffic and boat use (I am sure Sun Sentinel). It was closed because it was so dry and with all the rain they reopened it. Sorry it had nothing to do wit ATV riding.

illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »

By word of mouth I was told that recently there was a newspaper article about Holey Land.  Is this true?  If so what was the article about and can u post a link?

here is the article
Vehicles, motorcycles and airboats are welcome again in parts of the Everglades where they had been banned because of drought conditions, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said today.

Recent rainfall has increased water levels at Everglades wildlife management areas, making the special regulations no longer necessary.

Vehicles and airboats are now allowed in the Holey Land and Rotenberger WMAs and in part of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA in Water Conservation Area 3A north of Alligator Alley, the commission said.

Vehicles are allowed on the L4, L5 and Miami Canal levees to access boat ramps for fishing in canals.

illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:20:17 PM »

here is the article
Vehicles, motorcycles and airboats are welcome again in parts of the Everglades where they had been banned because of drought conditions, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said today.

Recent rainfall has increased water levels at Everglades wildlife management areas, making the special regulations no longer necessary.

Vehicles and airboats are now allowed in the Holey Land and Rotenberger WMAs and in part of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA in Water Conservation Area 3A north of Alligator Alley, the commission said.

Vehicles are allowed on the L4, L5 and Miami Canal levees to access boat ramps for fishing in canals.

Campfires are again allowed in the Holey Land and Rotenberger WMAs and part of Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA in Water Conservation Area 3A north of Alligator Alley.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com