Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: usf of tampa housing  (Read 4168 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2009, 04:06:33 PM »

Any ideas on the best housing up there? I'm going in 6 months.

Thanks
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »

I graduated USF in '96. Back then the off campus housing area was called "suit case city". It probably still is and it's primarily low income housing. I used to live just south of the mall off of 22nd st. next to the project homes. We didn't have any problems as we kept to ourselves. Any apartment complex targeting students will have a 6' fence and gate surrounding it for safety. If it doesn't, your car had a better chance of being broken into.

If your budget allows, look into the Carrolwood area as there are apartments around there or closer to I-75 off of Fletcher. Or maybe get a room mate and rent a cheap house in Lutz. That might work, too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:47:02 PM by mrbones » Logged

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:10:34 PM »

I graduated USF in '96. Back then the off campus housing area was called "suit case city". It probably still is and it's primarily low income housing. I used to live just south of the mall off of 22nd st. next to the project homes. We didn't have any problems as we kept to ourselves. Any apartment complex targeting students will have a 6' fence and gate surrounding it for safety. If it doesn't, your car had a better chance of being broken into.

If your budget allows, look into the Carrolwood area as there are apartments around there or closer to I-75 off of Fletcher. Or maybe get a room mate and rent a cheap house in Lutz. That might work, too.
Carrolwood off Gunn Hwy. has decent places to live...good bars also
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »

Try New Tampa also. Right up Bruce B Downs.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
KISSmyACE1025

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »

Hey I'm a current USF Student...

check this place out, it's called The Edge. I have friends that live there and love it
http://www.forrent.com/apartment-community-profile/1009986.php?origref=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fq%3Dthe+edge+USF%26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26aq%3Dt%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial%26client%3Dfirefox-a&alias=http%3A//www.forrent.com/apartment-community-profile/1009986.php

and here is a 5 mile radius search of the area
http://www.forrent.com/results.php?search_type=college&page_type_id=college&main_field=University+of+South+Florida&ssradius=5&min_price=%240&max_price=No+Limit&sbeds=99&sbaths=99&user_entered_neighborhood=Find+Your+Neighborhood&search-submit=

I toured Sterling at 42nd Street and liked it a lot.
If I had a choice I'd be living in The Lodge at Lakecrest but it's somewhat expensive (they're new, lots of amenities, good location, gated community).  Amazing though.

Sara #10
'05 Honda TRX450r & '05 Honda TRX400ex
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »

USF grad here too. Two bachelors and one MBA. Loved it. Good luck to you.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »

USF grad here too. Two bachelors and one MBA. Loved it. Good luck to you.

Huh

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 11:00:25 PM »

Bones is right about suitcase city. There are plenty of nice apartments geared toward students, but many are surrounded by run down places catering to section 8 housing. You can get a nice place near Fletcher and I-75 or right next to the campus off Fletcher near the hospital, but once you go West of Bruce B. Downs it's crap city  until you get near Lake Mag heading toward Carrolwood. Check local papers  and the Oracle - the USF paper and there are always ads for roommates for off campus housing. I'd try to stay close enough to catch the Bull Run (USF bus) or ride a bike. It's murder trying to park on campus, especially in the fall when it's over run with Freshmen. I graduated there with my Bachelors a few years ago and I'm now working on my first Masters. Best of luck to you.

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com