Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help on losing weight  (Read 10653 times)
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 02:27:08 AM »

A good easy meal that I used to eat a lot of is Tuna Salad. I usually would try to make enough for quite a few meals at a time. The recipe goes like this....8 cans of drained Tuna, 3 heaping tbsp of sweet relish, 1 tbsp mayo, 3 tbsp of mustard,1 dozen hard boiled egg whites with only 6 yokes and 1lb box of elbow maccaroni. This should make about 6-8 meals but it does get old after a while.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 02:30:54 AM »

I've gone from 160 to 180 over the school year.  Grin Its mostly from school, I am in weightlifting and fitness. Now that I am out of school I'm getting unhealthy but I try a little to exersize. BTW what is everyones benchpress?

Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 02:35:09 AM »

Last time I was on a bench I hit 325 twice and that was after not being in the gym for 2 years. lol Never was much a a bencher anyway the squat rack is what seperates the men from the boys! Wink

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 05:51:04 AM »

If your serious about losing fat and gaining muscle I would sugggest a medium cardio workout(running, aerobics, swimming, teabo) something to get your heart rate up for about 45 min to an hour. Then right after that hit the weight room for a heavy lift session.
 What are you training for? Wrestling, football, or is this more about changing your image? (Which by the way there is nothing wrong with, a whole bunch of us did the same thing.) This will determine what type of diet you need to stick to.
 Protien shakes are usually a must for the serious athlete.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
dreth

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 06:38:12 AM »

Curtis, at your age all you need to do is a couple hundred sit ups and push ups every other day and in 8 weeks you will look like a mini schwartznegger Wink maybe a little cardio for the old ticker Grin
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2005, 09:41:08 AM »

actually cardio should always be done after fitness. the (i forgot the name but i think its lactic) acid in your muscles that promotes catabolism is higher after cardio. if you read up on it you'll see that everyone recommends cardio after fitness.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005, 11:28:10 AM »

actually cardio should always be done after fitness. the (i forgot the name but i think its lactic) acid in your muscles that promotes catabolism is higher after cardio. if you read up on it you'll see that everyone recommends cardio after fitness.

actually it really shouldnt matter when you do it. The way to prevent lactic acid from pooling is doing a good cool down. And mainly im doing this for personal image and baseball to.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2005, 11:43:27 AM »

if you have a cool down period its not as bad but not immediately following a fitness workout.  if you want to focus on muscle mass you ALWAYS do weight training first. if you want to lose weight then it doesnt matter which one you do, but you DO compromise your weight training if you do it right after a cardio session.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 11:45:17 AM by gery350 » Logged

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
YAM29C

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2005, 11:53:42 AM »

You deff. want to do all your cardio after lifting weights, b/c when you lift weight you burn up the carbohydrates in your system, so then when you do your cardio your burning fat.  Also you won't be able to gain alot of muscle and loose weight at the same time because when your trying to loose weight you want to try and burn maybe 500-700 calories a day more than your taking in, and the will be about 1-2 pounds of actual weight loss a week which is the healthiest way to loose weight.  Then when you get to your ideal weight start taking in more calories a day to gain muscle.  And try protein shakes,  i make mine with 1 cup frozen strawberrys, 1 bannana, 4-5 ice cubs, 1 scoop whey protein, and milk/water/juice, and it tastes great.
muddhopper

Live It!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2005, 12:08:42 PM »

You can definately drink too much water which will flush out your electrolytes and throw you body out of balance.  Add lemon juice to your water to avoid that problem.  By the way, coming from a LMT and herabilist, you are actually getting some good advice here.  Take it all in moderation and tweak what works for you. 
jocolo

www.cycleworksgraphics.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2005, 06:14:44 PM »

Easy do a search for ECA Stack, dont skip breakfast and have a snack every 3 hrs the a meal, skip the white bread, rice and starches and exercise....good luck
Numkut

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 10:04:22 PM »

Last time I was on a bench I hit 325 twice and that was after not being in the gym for 2 years. lol Never was much a a bencher anyway the squat rack is what seperates the men from the boys! Wink

Holy cow that is alot, I am benching 225 right now as my one rep max, as far a squats go I box squat 405.

LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2005, 11:30:56 PM »

steve i always knew you were a big mofo. Tomorrow im going to the YMCA to get a membership to start lifting and gonna pick up osme protein powder for protein shakes.

2003 KFX 400
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Numkut

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2005, 01:45:09 AM »

Yeah I drink Protein shakes before I work out, don't buy it from Wal-Mart it is gross and barely works...

LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2005, 10:43:32 PM »

how do yall make your protein shakes? Like with what?

PS: i got a 6gallon tub of "Whey Protein" lol!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 10:18:37 AM by LaKeMaRyKiD » Logged

2003 KFX 400
2004 14' Mirrocraft
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2005, 11:16:18 PM »

bodybuilder=light weight, more reps.  power lifter = heavy weight, less reps. go heavy curtis ! Grin just kidding. everyone is making great points. i think met-rx has a protein mix. john
Ms.Mud

Life is short. Ride Deep!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2005, 12:52:37 PM »

I heard that if u drink a glass of ice cold water right when u wake up , you'll get ur metabolism going, plus u need to do lots of outside activities(running)

99 Foreman w/ 27in Outlaws,Detroit locker/unlocker, disc brake conversion,skid plates,snorkle

Oh yeah and my dad (Da_Mtg_Man) is the coolest
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.   ~MUD~
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2005, 06:34:13 PM »

Curtis, allot of people are making good points.
My opinion is as follows. You are ONLY 15. You still haven't lost  all your baby fat. THE BEST THING for you to do is to look at the BIG picture, your entire life not just an upcoming summer to get trimmed up for the chicks. If you get a good grasp NOW at this stage in your life of healthy eating and moderate exercise and make it part of your life. NOT A QUICK FIX. Soooooo many people get tied up in fast weight loss solutions and exercise guru's telling them what they have to eat and what will give you FAST results. Forget all that. You have soo many hormone raging in your system right now you do NOT need to be taking any type of ripped fuel or fast burn or any of that crap. Take a dietary class in school as an elective learn what your body really needs. Take advantage of your position as a student and your age. You are an unsculpted uneducated young man looking to make your life better. LIFE>>>>>> and make it a long one. There is nothing wrong with vitamin supplements. But you have more "stuff" floating around in your system at your age  that can be used to make you be anything you want. Big strong lean mean whatever. All I'm saying is the diet and supplement industry isn't a multi BILLION dollar business for no reason. And we (usa)as a society have the highest rate of morbid obesity on the planet because so many people start like you and wanting a quick fix that starts the rollercoaster of YO YO dieting. Eat smart, eat healthy, exercise in moderation until you get up to speed. to where your bodies furnace needs to be stoked with different healthy foods that you can get in your everyday diet.
JUST MY OPINION as a father of a 15yr old.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Busta Nutt
Supreme Member

I love a good beer buzz early in the morning

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »

Only eat the food on the outside walls of the grocery store. Nothing from the middle aisles. That is all you need. Before school run 2 miles. When you watch tv every time a commercial comes on do push ups or sit ups till it's over. Every night before you go to bed do 50 push ups and 50 sit ups.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com