Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Help is Needed  (Read 3504 times)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

As most know the next SDTA race is Saturday May 23 at 5pm at Crossroads Motorplex in Jasper Fl. With the exception of the Ocala Speedway race a few weeks ago the turnout at the races has been very poor. In fact the turnout is often so low that there is just enough money to pay the track but little else. The turnout at the last couple of Jasper races has also been low. Ironically the Jasper track is one of the very best tracks we visit and the staff does anything we ask to make the racing awesome everytime. I am asking everyone who wants to see the racing continue to go to the Jasper event and race. Try to persuade others to come race especially those who haven't raced before. Rather than staying home and waiting for the next race to come around get out and support this one because this may be the last time we race at Jasper.

Crossroads Motorplex    Jasper, FL
1/4 mile oval

http://www.crossroadsmotorplex.com

WADE MURPHY Owner
TRACK  386-938-1228
HOME    386-938-3481

DIRECTIONS TO TRACK:
EXIT 460 OFF I 75 GO WEST ON STATE RD 6 FOR 4 1/2 MILES.
THE TRACK IS ON THE LEFT

GATES OPEN AT NOON
PRACTICE AT 4 PM
RACING AT 5 PM
CAMPERS ARE ALLOWED TO STAY OVERNIGHT BUT NO HOOKUPS
FREE SHOWERS

Days Inn Jasper
(386) 792-1987
8182 State Road 6 W
www.daysinn.com

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:14:45 PM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:12:10 PM »

well said. hope to see everyone there. Thumbs Up

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »

If my shoulder is strong enough by then i'll be there. I've been doing a little riding lately and it's getting better. Clewiston for sure.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
flattrack_Ben

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:02:58 PM »

I plan on being there as long as I can get my Bike back together.
squeezer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:52:33 PM »

Hello,
     We will be out of town May 23rd for Memorial Day weekend, therefore will not make the Jasper race.    I would like to offer any help needed with keeping the racing closer to the scheduled times.  We have brought many specatators up to watch, and have a few people interested in racing, however, when you arrive at the track and expect to start practice at 4:00 (after driving 2 hours to get there) and do not get on the track until 7:00 or 8:00 it is very discouraging. I am hesitant to invite anyone else due to the fact that more times than not they will be sitting around waiting for hours.   We did not get home until 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning.  We could bring alot more people in to spend money, specatators and racers alike, if the racing schedule was closer to what is advertised.  We love to race but are not nearly as excited as we were for the fact that "race day" has turned out to be an all nighter.  If you consider the actual time you have on the track compared to the money you spend and the actual time you sit around waiting, it is discouraging. When I finally got on the track for the feature it was 11:30 p.m, Squeezer's was later than that.  Please don't get me wrong, we greatly appreciate having a place to race and the crew at Thunderbowl does an outstanding job.  I am willing to help anyway needed to improve this area.  Does the track need more people there earlier to get ready?  Let us know, we are willing to help. I know that we are not the only ones that feel this way, every time there is such a long delay everyone in the pits are complaining.  Also, after waiting all day to race, when the races were over the lights were turned off immediately and we had to load in the dark, is there anyway ya'll can leave some lighting on for a few minutes? Alot of people travel a long distance to race and are still driving long after you guys are fast asleep. lol  Again, thanks for all your efforts and for providing a facility for racing.
Candi
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »

Hello,
     We will be out of town May 23rd for Memorial Day weekend, therefore will not make the Jasper race.    I would like to offer any help needed with keeping the racing closer to the scheduled times.  We have brought many specatators up to watch, and have a few people interested in racing, however, when you arrive at the track and expect to start practice at 4:00 (after driving 2 hours to get there) and do not get on the track until 7:00 or 8:00 it is very discouraging. I am hesitant to invite anyone else due to the fact that more times than not they will be sitting around waiting for hours.   We did not get home until 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning.  We could bring alot more people in to spend money, specatators and racers alike, if the racing schedule was closer to what is advertised.  We love to race but are not nearly as excited as we were for the fact that "race day" has turned out to be an all nighter.  If you consider the actual time you have on the track compared to the money you spend and the actual time you sit around waiting, it is discouraging. When I finally got on the track for the feature it was 11:30 p.m, Squeezer's was later than that.  Please don't get me wrong, we greatly appreciate having a place to race and the crew at Thunderbowl does an outstanding job.  I am willing to help anyway needed to improve this area.  Does the track need more people there earlier to get ready?  Let us know, we are willing to help. I know that we are not the only ones that feel this way, every time there is such a long delay everyone in the pits are complaining.  Also, after waiting all day to race, when the races were over the lights were turned off immediately and we had to load in the dark, is there anyway ya'll can leave some lighting on for a few minutes? Alot of people travel a long distance to race and are still driving long after you guys are fast asleep. lol  Again, thanks for all your efforts and for providing a facility for racing.
Candi
   I believe your guns are pointed in the wrong direction. Your post would be better placed in a new thread. I realize Squeezer was hurt and did not make the Auburndale race because that SDTA race as well as the recent Ocala Speedway race started on time and wrapped up within 3 to 4 hours. However, Thunderbowl's staff hosts SDTA races but they dictate the race start times and the pace of the program. I realize the race ran late last Saturday but the last several Thunderbowl FT races did not. Some nights they were done at 9. At the other tracks including Jasper, Brady and I coordinate the event and hustle to keep the classes flowing very quickly. That is why most times neither of us bring a bike to race at a track other the TB. Come to think of it, the Auburndale race didn't even have an intermission after the 2nd heat, it went straight into the features and was done at 3pm. I know that because I myself did all the scoring and the transfers then posted the start positions within minutes after the 2nd heats ended.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:37:58 AM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »

I will be there defending my last years awesome 1st win of my rookie season. Any Vintage challengers?

VINTAGE RULES!!!!!!

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
Orangecycle1

Go Fast Turning Left

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »

David and Pat will be there. Pat should have is motorcycle together and will try 2 wheels. My wrist should almost be healed enough to race, I broke a couple of bones at Auburndale.
David

Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members
flattrack_Ben

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »

hey Ward, I might just have to run the vintage class as well, but im definately gonna be running amatuer.
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 07:00:46 PM »

hey Ward, I might just have to run the vintage class as well, but im definately gonna be running amatuer.

its all good!

VINTAGE RULES!! though
 Smiley

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
BT243

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »

Shannon and  I will be there and maybe one more quad !! Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com