Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For all of you River Ranch Folks  (Read 7673 times)
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »

Just came across this one. Thought maybe someone here might be interested.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/for/1132710086.html

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
cheapthrills

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »

Not that I need a camp as I already own one, this seems very fairly priced if you take into account the deed, well, clearing and everything else that goes into one of these. Plus the old camps are way better then what they are giving out now
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 03:17:02 PM »

i need to get back up there agian soon anoriginal when u going agian?

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
dodgefsu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »

I wish I had a campsite at RR I have been looking for a access deed
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

$3700 for deed with 1.25 acres. Camp has not been established. Hit me up!!!

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »

$3700 for deed with 1.25 acres. Camp has not been established. Hit me up!!!

I called the guy because that camp is near mine.  Unfortunately, he does not own the land the camp is on so you would be at the mercy of anybody who claimed the land and from what I've heard, there's a lot of that going on these days.  People are taking the time and effort to determine precisely where their land is and if it's in the camping area, they are running people off.  This past Saturday, I met a guy at the swimming hole who had just been kicked off his camp site.  He said it was no big deal since it turned out his deeded land was in the camp area anyways, but just the same, he yanked his well casing out of the ground as a farewell, go to hell, gesture.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 05:36:46 PM »

It must be Obama's people who are running hard working people out of their camps and subsidizing illegals to move in, instead. You can store the stuff at my camp when the "Change" comes your way. Smiley As Skeered now runs for cover.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:42:42 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »

It must be Obama's people who are running hard working people out of their camps and subsidizing illegals to move in, instead. You can store the stuff at my camp when the "Change" comes your way. Smiley As Skeered now runs for cover.

Not sure you'll see many of either out at RR. Although it would be entertaining.
jahaiap

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:34 PM »

Id like to know exactly where that camp is... mine was in the general area. I sold it because I got all my stuff stolen while I was away. Rolled into camp about 2 am to find my lock cut, well pump gone along with plates, cups, lights, batteries, extention cords etc, etc. Come to find out the previous owner experienced the same thing and after I left the guy 2 camps away had his whole 5th wheel ''towed away''. Now Im in a better location. I still leave an old well pump laying around that happens to be ''mis-wired''  Evil  if anyone feels like taking it. Im sure Id hear about it before I noticed it missing. Wink

I like where Im at much better now. Im off lake lizzy.

James

07 Rhino 660 SE
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »

Funny, but I've been preaching this problem for years. Now, people are starting to realize exactly what I was talking about.

Where's that RRPOA that everyone is so proud of? Why are they not rushing to everyone's aid?

Wink
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:46:18 AM by Anoriginal » Logged

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »

I called the guy because that camp is near mine.  Unfortunately, he does not own the land the camp is on so you would be at the mercy of anybody who claimed the land and from what I've heard, there's a lot of that going on these days.  People are taking the time and effort to determine precisely where their land is and if it's in the camping area, they are running people off.  This past Saturday, I met a guy at the swimming hole who had just been kicked off his camp site.  He said it was no big deal since it turned out his deeded land was in the camp area anyways, but just the same, he yanked his well casing out of the ground as a farewell, go to hell, gesture.   Wink

So if I understand you correctly people are having their parcel surveyed and if someone else already has an established camp there they are being run off? It was my understanding that the RRPOA was assigning campsites for those with a full 1.25 acre deed.

Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 07:47:13 AM »

So if I understand you correctly people are having their parcel surveyed and if someone else already has an established camp there they are being run off? It was my understanding that the RRPOA was assigning campsites for those with a full 1.25 acre deed.
That is the way I understood it too, I was told that you could only put a camp up where the RRPOA told you too. I was never a fan of that but I understand why they did it
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 08:22:34 AM »

Funny thing is, the RRPOA has as much authority as I do or you do, to tell you where to put your camp.

This problem is going to become more and more prevalent. Like I've said all along, if you don't own the property or have specific permission to occupy the property, it's just a matter of time before you have to clear out.

What's really going to be interesting is when people owning property on which current roads traverse start saying you can't cross them.

shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »

Funny thing is, the RRPOA has as much authority as I do or you do, to tell you where to put your camp.

This problem is going to become more and more prevalent. Like I've said all along, if you don't own the property or have specific permission to occupy the property, it's just a matter of time before you have to clear out.

What's really going to be interesting is when people owning property on which current roads traverse start saying you can't cross them.

This puts me in a bit of a pickle. Personally, I wouldnt feel right if booting someone off my parcel that had a longtime existing camp assigned by the RRPOA. They were just playing by the "rules." On the other hand, I wouldn't want to have the RRPOA assign me a camp and be exposed to the possibility of the parcel owner kicking me out. What a mess.

asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 09:28:15 AM »

This sounds like a bunch of politics to me!  Seems like the RRPOA just wants to have the authority to give whatever campsite to whoever they choose.  So, being buddy buddy with certain people could get you a better site  Wink
gmen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »

It is the same argument over and over.  Realistically RRPOA is trying to keep things organized and running.  The property owners(surveying and claiming) are just the "new breed".  The original rules were bogus and RR had organized squatting, nothing more.  The same issue happens when someone wants to camp in the "hunting area".

The problem is how do you resolve the issue?  I don't think you can(realistically).  RRPOA only works when/if everyone recognizes their "authority".  Legally or otherwise they have none.  They can only excercise authority at the gate b/c they own it.

If someone buys a parcel off the road they could then allow people in.

My motto is Enjoy it while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »

It is the same argument over and over.  Realistically RRPOA is trying to keep things organized and running.  The property owners(surveying and claiming) are just the "new breed".  The original rules were bogus and RR had organized squatting, nothing more.  The same issue happens when someone wants to camp in the "hunting area".

The problem is how do you resolve the issue?  I don't think you can(realistically).  RRPOA only works when/if everyone recognizes their "authority".  Legally or otherwise they have none.  They can only excercise authority at the gate b/c they own it.

If someone buys a parcel off the road they could then allow people in.

My motto is Enjoy it while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good points.

As I've said all along...If someone where to buy a chunk of property along the highway and put in a gate; they'd have just as much right and ability as the RRPOA to set up their own POA and start letting in people to hunt and camp. In addition, they'd have just as much right as the RRPOA to start handing out and assigning "camp locations" as they deemed fit.

Like the RRPOA, they wouldn't own the property they're trying to govern and their "rules" would be as legally useless as those of the RRPOA. Ever try to question anyone involved with the RRPOA about those "rules" and their authority for establishing and enforcing the same? Better yet, ask someone for a complete accounting sometime of the money coming into and out of the RRPOA. It's a joke.

One thing's for sure, it would be funny to see it happen.

Just food for thought.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:55:34 AM by Anoriginal » Logged

jahaiap

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 09:25:30 PM »

Personally I go there just to ride where Im not bothered or arrested. I go about 4-6 times a year. So that means my "RRPOA" membership card costs me about $20-30 to use each time I go. I already bought my piece...

I have my own rules for RR-
1- dont read too much into all the rules
2- dont leave anything at camp that is worth money or not bolted down
3- keep going until someone physically stops me

At first I worried a lot about all the rules and tales of theft. Then I had my camp robbed and took a step back and simplified everything and its all much easier to deal with now. No worries until the day I get turned around at the front gate  Wink

07 Rhino 660 SE
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 08:25:48 AM »

Ditto as Jahaiap.  I specifically bought a deeded camp just for the claim issue.  The main grade runs across a corner of my property but what kind of jackazz would attempt to block a 'road' that crosses countless other properties that you traversed on the way to yours?  There is definitely a new breed out there and there really is nothing that can be done about it.  For what it's worth, the guy I spoke to at the swimming hole said he had been run off by one of the guys who are selling land out there, which I'm sure if true, the guy selling land advertises all the rules as he sells the land.  It is a bit hypocritcal.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com