Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderbowl Speedway TT & Flat Track 4/25/09 SDTA Race #5  (Read 4456 times)
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:49:33 PM »

TT & Flat Track Racing this weekend!

TT Racing
Gates Open @ 9am
Racing @ Noon

Flat Track Racing will begin once TT is completed, approx 5 pm

Come on out and have some fun!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:27:34 AM by fastrnrik » Logged
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:16:10 PM »

I posted this flyer in another thread. Actually on this board. heh heh Brady's not looking past the Kawasaki logo on his quad!

* SDTAApril25.jpg (37.89 KB, 612x792 - viewed 173 times.)

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Gulley421

It Ain't Braggin, If You Can Back It Up!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:36:50 PM »

I got two new riders coming to race FT on Sat. night. They both ride Honda's (400ex) and will be entering the sportsman or novice class. They have never raced FT before but both are very excited to try it.

Hopefully we can get enough quads to give these guys their own race. I might even have a few more that are going to show up and run with knobbys.
So if any of you know of people wanting to try FT, this would be a great time for that extra push.

These guys are also bringing more spectators too...... Just trying to spread the word     
         Thanks, see ya on the 25th

*2009 SDTA Pro/Am Champion*

Scott Gulley Customs
Wicked Scare Productions Inc.
Outpost Cycles
supervcycle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:27:55 AM »

Wink team wach iss has saved enough quarters to show up this weekend! see ya'll there

#38 nate

affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

glad to hear Nate.

Mr. Rick Big said he will make it this round too.

VINTAGE RULES!!!!!!!!

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:41:14 PM »

Hey Brady
     Weather been holding up? track still great?

Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »

Hey Brady

Maybe you should ask your hero.... Mr. Scrawny McNary  Wink

Seriously, though.... the weather has been good. I've been busy and haven't been out there much today. Dugan has been working the track. I'm going out there tonight to put down some water and look the track over. 
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »

As usual the track is going to be fast......U just gotta find the
best groove. See ya Sat. nite.
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 10:39:27 PM »

Hey Brady

Maybe you should ask your hero.... Mr. Scrawny McNary  Wink

Seriously, though.... the weather has been good. I've been busy and haven't been out there much today. Dugan has been working the track. I'm going out there tonight to put down some water and look the track over. 

don t be hate'n Brady.....jealousy is such an unattractive trait!! Tell you what I am going to do. I am going to get all my two wheel racing friends to chip in. Out of  the group, I should be able to get everyone to chip in at least $4.75 and then we will sign you up for Lightning Fast Skinny MoFo's Quad Super Camp. Improve on your skillz so that some day you can be almost as fast as mofo himself!!...or at least beat Rick & Dave I heard they are planning on opening up a two wheel division too. Sign up and I will let you take a spin on the twin one sunday practice.......as long as you don t mind being seen on a yamaha  Grin

Ward

WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »

Good Morning all you good people
    Just want to provide a little editorial about yesterdays great racing. I apologize in advance for any errors since things may have changed as soon as I walked away. Coming to the track early and being able to watch all of the TT races, man....everyone in all classes were flying. Track was very fast. Saw a lot of lead changes and hard close racing. Pro quad class was amazing. Those guys were literally pushing each other and flying past each other over the jump thru the TT portion......don t know how they didn t get tangled up more than they did. Vet class also was wild. Heat 1 Brady spun out and Rick dominated heat one until some guy number 17 inched by Rick at the line. Now, this 17 guy......is a pretty big guy and to see how dam fast he was, was incredible. We were cheering for the 17.....sorry guys. The final saw Brady lead from start to finish with Rick second and I think the 17 guy third. Not sure if mofo (my hero) had been in this race......don t think he would have had anything for Brady.....except for a half spin out and save......Brady was fast and flawless in the final.

Was a great night of flat track racing too. Will give props as I saw it. Pat Goley and Gary McNary as always put on some great racing. pat took heat 1, Gary heat 2 and Pat taking the final with Gary almost rubbing tires the entire race. One slip from Pat and Gary would have ate him up. Shawn McNary (mofo) had an easier time in the expert class except in heat 2 when Ray Delacqueseaux got around Shawn for a moment....not sure how that happened as I didnt see it. Ray was also being talked about in the pits on how fast he was/is. Amateur class saw Matt Sibbick and Ray D. battle out all night with Ray taking the win in the final. Vintage class (my class) was alot of fun and felt dam fast....mofo took heat 1 with Squeezer in 2nd. I made it to the start and realized I had a flat front tire and had to pull off....get some air and came back on the track 1 lap down. Heat 2 was also taken by Shawn and I second and I think squeezer 3rd.  In the final it was all Squeezer from start to finish. Squeezer got a little wild on the start and almost got together with me and we nailed it into turn 1. Was right on Squeezer's tire waiting for him to make a mistake but he never did and by lap 10 I was beat and faded back a couple of bike lengths. Not sure how Shawn got such a bad start and ended up third. was told he was closing towards the end of the race....but hey......it only counts at the checkered flag.

didn t see much of the quad flat track as I was attending to my bike.

All us m/c guys did talk about how FAST Mr. Wares bike was. Not sure how he finished in the final but his bike was dialed in.

all in all was a very entertaining, FAST night of hard close racing.

Ward
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:28:26 AM by WJDTRI » Logged

Gulley421

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »

Wow, there were motorcycles racing flat track?  Only saw the quads racing, sorry......lol Laugh

Scott Gulley Customs
Outpost Cycles
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »

OK Gulley!!!....not sure if I know you or not..........but if you keep it up. I will sic lightning fast skinny mofo on your gulleya$$.

Smiley

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:26:48 PM by WJDTRI » Logged

Gulley421

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »

Thats fine, I can't seem to get past corner 4 without spinning anyways. I guess thats what I get for bringing a knife(stock 450) to a gun fight(Ware's banshee and Derek's 500).

All joking aside, you 2-wheel guys are a blast to watch out there. Thinking of converting my rmz450 to a flat tracker, but I doubt Brady will let me run in the Pee Wee class. On second thought, it might look really bad when Merritt out runs me on her 50. For now I will just stick with my 4 wheels.

Scott Gulley Customs
Outpost Cycles
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 10:16:41 PM »

Thats fine, I can't seem to get past corner 4 without spinning anyways. I guess thats what I get for bringing a knife(stock 450) to a gun fight(Ware's banshee and Derek's 500).

Long ago that was a cat named Bud who whooped all of us in the Open Quad class on a stock red Honda 450...that could be you Mr Gulley! Smiley

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »

Long ago that was a cat named Bud who whooped all of us in the Open Quad class on a stock red Honda 450...that could be you Mr Gulley! Smiley

yea, if he weighed 100lbs.  Grin  i dont think it was stock. if i remember right it was a 531. Shocked

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com