Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ammo shortages at the shooting range  (Read 2231 times)
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

I went to the range on Friday and they didn't have any of the .380 ammo I wanted and haven't had any for 3 weeks now.  They were also out of the sig .357 mags I needed and have been for a couple weeks now.  I was able to shoot the .38 and the Glock .40, but times are scary when you have to bring so many extra guns because they may not have any ammo.  Are they making less ammo to drive up the price?  Or are people like me just buying so much more of it than normal they are running out?  Thanks, Dawn
rdm225

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »

Did the .380 come with a training bra when you purchased it?
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »

people are just buying like crazy, hell i have my own stash Wink

i can't even find any cheap ammo anymore...

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 02:22:29 PM »

Kevlar training bra!  I think everyone is getting their "stash" stockpiled and that is why ammo is so hard to find now days.

Is it true there is a shooting range on SE?  If so, are you allowed to shoot ARs?  I have a new one and I can't find anywhere that will let me shoot it.  Thanks, Dawn
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »

Kevlar training bra!  I think everyone is getting their "stash" stockpiled and that is why ammo is so hard to find now days.

Is it true there is a shooting range on SE?  If so, are you allowed to shoot ARs?  I have a new one and I can't find anywhere that will let me shoot it.  Thanks, Dawn

Yes.  After you pass the powerlines and come to the crossing, head south about 3 miles.  Trail dead-ends at the range.  You can take anything you want.  It's nothing more than a designated area where people shoot into the hill next to the canal.  Also, be very aware of that area.  The first time I rode at SE, I was running along the trail along the south border and rode out onto the range.  I had no idea it was there and almost got shot; a guy fired a round just as I came out onto the range.  Needless to say, I made a rapid retreat.  I have also seen people shooting to the west into the field just north of the range but that is very dangerous since there is no berm to stop the bullets.  There are trails running out there and it is not too far from the Quads Only compound.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:15 PM »

That is so awesome!  Thanks for the information.  Dawn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com