Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone help me identify this atv?!?!? Have pictures  (Read 5599 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:39:25 AM »

This is my friends quad. I believe its 230cc or 250cc I'm not sure. Anyway its an off brand quad but we cant figure out what brand it is. There aren't any stickers what so ever or anything to indicate the brand name. If someone know anything about this quad please let me know. We're trying to find parts.

Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »

Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki.... they would all have a cover or something with their name stamped in them. My guess is it's one of those Pep-boys (or some other) variation of a Chinese quad. Problem with those is parts, even though parts are obtainable online there will certainly be an instance where you need something hard to find.

I have seen very few chain drive quads with racks on them, Yamaha had the Wolverine but I don't know what other brands had.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »

Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki.... they would all have a cover or something with their name stamped in them. My guess is it's one of those Pep-boys (or some other) variation of a Chinese quad. Problem with those is parts, even though parts are obtainable online there will certainly be an instance where you need something hard to find.

I have seen very few chain drive quads with racks on them, Yamaha had the Wolverine but I don't know what other brands had.

yeah still stumped. its so weird the name isnt on anything. We need a new hub for the wheel because for some reason on this stupid thing the wheel bearing and hub connect to the wheel itself not on the axel.
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »

yeah still stumped. its so weird the name isnt on anything. We need a new hub for the wheel because for some reason on this stupid thing the wheel bearing and hub connect to the wheel itself not on the axel.
Try this site, you may have to compare the part by sight but at least you have an area to start with

http://www.chineseatvpart.com/
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »

i would just look up random brands and compare.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
AMX CREW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »

It looks like a yamaha warrior !!!
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

thats one of the pepboy brands, it has a chassis similiar to the yamaha blaster just with a 4 stroke engine call pepboys

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Palmettobay_recon

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »

looks like one of those baja knock off brands

R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah
Justardnck

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »

That's not even close to a Yamaha Warrior, Warrior's don't have racks, the fenders are not close to the style either.
AMX CREW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 08:00:11 PM »

That's not even close to a Yamaha Warrior, Warrior's don't have racks, the fenders are not close to the style either.

to me it looks like a yamaha warrior with 4x4 plastics...
the back end and the side engine looks just like the warrior !!
96cobra10101

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 02:59:15 AM »

Thats why I tell anyone I know who islooking for a cheap quad to avoid the China-crap.  Once they break your screwed because you can't locate the parts.

07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 04:52:55 AM »

I have 2 chinese quads for people who come riding with us who dont have a bike. For the two years Ive had them, nothing major has broke. Only had to replace tires and lights. Heck, even the original starters still work great. I think its not fair to brand all chinese quads as junk, as there are different levels of quality.

As for the op, that quad is a BAJA and can be bought from many retailers, such as Pep Boys. Albeit, that model looks fairly old.
kcabbie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:10 PM »

i had a warrior with racks, there not very pretty but much longer than that one and the exhaust pipe is quite a bit bigger than the one in the photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com