Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Yamaha Rhino roll over victims....  (Read 3888 times)
craigdieselmac

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »

.... is what the tv said as I walked into the house from the garage. Another group of lawyers and idiots banded together to sue Yamaha beacuase Rhino's roll over. Well no @%#$! I don't understand how someone goes out and buys a toy like that, hurts themselves on it, then considers it the fault of the manufacturer. Is some sort of defect in the machine causing this or is it a defect in the thought process of some idiot traveling too fast around a corner? I would bet its the latter. If I were a judge.. I would laugh this one right out of court.. dismissed.. or even charge the people who are sueing with wasting the courts time. Do the world a favor.. if you hurt yourself on any type of offroad rig.. take a look at what you are doing, in the Air Force we call this ORM, Operational Risk Management. There is an inherent risk in any offroad activity.. heck, there is risk in all your daily activities... driving, breathing, making coffee.. and the list goes on and on...
Just a rant... Grin
be safe out there kiddies
Jeff

87 Big Bear.. yeah.. its 20 but it rocks
00 King Quad 4x4
06 Kazuma 110
07 Kazuma 90
pywacket1955

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »

I totaly agree.  OHV don't go out hurting people.
It's the people riding them,  they do stupid stuff
and hurt them selves.  Then they want to blame
someone or something else because of there own
stupidity. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »

here is to go with your comment.

Off-road vehicles recalled after 46 deaths

By NATASHA T. METZLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Yamaha Motor Corp. USA recalled about 120,000 off-highway recreational vehicles for repairs Tuesday, after two models were involved in 46 deaths.

The two-passenger vehicles are designed for drivers over 16 years old with valid drivers licenses, although some reported deaths involved younger children who were passengers or who operated the vehicles against recommendations, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which announced the recall.

All Rhino 450 and 660 model vehicles were recalled for repairs designed to prevent accidents that resulted in 46 deaths and hundreds of injuries. The reported deaths occurred between the fall of 2003, when the vehicles were first distributed, through this year.

More than two-thirds of the incidents were rollovers. According to the CPSC many of these involved turns on level ground at relatively slow speeds. A number of incidents also involved riders not wearing seat belts.

The repairs are designed to reduce rollover risk, as well as to improve handling and keep riders' limbs inside the vehicles.

Rhino 450 and 660 owners should stop using these vehicles and call their local dealer to schedule an appointment for repairs. They can also receive a free helmet.

Sales of these vehicles have also been suspended for repairs.

This is the first government recall of this category of recreational vehicle.

For more details, call Yamaha at 800-962-7926.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »

"who operated the vehicles against recommendations"

This wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
craigdieselmac

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »

When I buy my rhino next year and roll it.. I won't be blaming anyone but me.. Those people deserve a Darwin Award...

87 Big Bear.. yeah.. its 20 but it rocks
00 King Quad 4x4
06 Kazuma 110
07 Kazuma 90
Cory1020

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »

here is to go with your comment.

Off-road vehicles recalled after 46 deaths

By NATASHA T. METZLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Yamaha Motor Corp. USA recalled about 120,000 off-highway recreational vehicles for repairs Tuesday, after two models were involved in 46 deaths.

The two-passenger vehicles are designed for drivers over 16 years old with valid drivers licenses, although some reported deaths involved younger children who were passengers or who operated the vehicles against recommendations, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which announced the recall.

All Rhino 450 and 660 model vehicles were recalled for repairs designed to prevent accidents that resulted in 46 deaths and hundreds of injuries. The reported deaths occurred between the fall of 2003, when the vehicles were first distributed, through this year.

More than two-thirds of the incidents were rollovers. According to the CPSC many of these involved turns on level ground at relatively slow speeds. A number of incidents also involved riders not wearing seat belts.
The repairs are designed to reduce rollover risk, as well as to improve handling and keep riders' limbs inside the vehicles.

Rhino 450 and 660 owners should stop using these vehicles and call their local dealer to schedule an appointment for repairs. They can also receive a free helmet.

Sales of these vehicles have also been suspended for repairs.

This is the first government recall of this category of recreational vehicle.

For more details, call Yamaha at 800-962-7926.

i think that could play a part also. And i thought all the recall was half doors?? the article makes it sound like alot more

99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 12:50:42 PM »

Cut & Pasted from the CSPC announcement:

"Yamaha's repair includes the installation of a spacer on the rear wheels as well as the removal of the rear anti-sway bar to help reduce the chance of rollover and improve vehicle handling, and continued installation of half doors and additional passenger handholds where these features have not been previously installed to help keep occupants' arms and legs inside the vehicle during a rollover and reduce injuries. Owners of the affected Rhinos should stop using them and call their dealer to schedule an appointment to have repairs made once they are available and to take advantage of a free helmet offer."

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »

Dealers had to stop selling them until the go ahead from Yamaha is given. It will be 2 weeks before any parts ship, possibly end of the month.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com