Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderbowl Speedway TT & Flat Track Racing- Saturday 3/28/09  (Read 4570 times)
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:56:22 PM »

TT & Flat Track racing this Saturday 3/28/09. Both races are points races for the Thunderbowl point series.

TT
Gates open @ 9am
Racing @ Noon

FLAT TRACK
To follow TT racing, approx. 5pm

Current TT & Flat Track points standings will be posted at the race.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:02:29 PM by fastrnrik » Logged
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »

My bad. I thought that I had one of these posted. I will have more done up during the week.

I took Eric to the ER to have him checked out after his "wild ride" Sunday. Bruised ego and thumb, sprained wrist and whiplash from the face plant but otherwise in good shape. Thanks go out to the Dugan's for giving him a once over.

I will get more dates and events up this week for both Thunderbowl and SDTA.

* Tbowl.jpg (67.88 KB, 612x792 - viewed 242 times.)

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »

Well, the Pro/Am quad class will have its hands full this weekend. There are some very fast Pro/Am MX riders coming who are gonna throw on some slicks and try out some TT and Flat Track. Some of these guys are top 10 national level Pro/Am riders so it should be interesting seeing how they do against the local fast TT guys on the hard blue groove.....
cj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 10:54:40 PM »

Hello all.
So who Is racing this weekend
How many quads plan on running
Has anyone heard if any of the NC gang are still racing this sat.
I seen Brady's post on the MX riders, does anyone know who are they, where are they coming from?
Looks like we might have some interesting racing this weekend, I hope our turnout  keeps picking back up
Ill see you at the races!
koh0001

#119 - Old & Slow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »

I'll be there. the ATVNC site says Robbins Ridge is having a race on the 28th , so not sure on the turnout... still should be a day of great racing Wink Can't wait

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 09:10:58 AM »

Did the track get any rain yesterday?

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
koh0001

#119 - Old & Slow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:00:52 PM »

I would like to say..... I HAD A BLAST TODAY !!! got to talk to some friends, race some, and talk some smack.  Plus, no one got hurt. That was a great day. Thanks to all !!   
      Rick, sorry about your bike, Maybe we can get it going sooner than you think.

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:05:53 AM »

Good Morning Good People
        Coffee is brewing this morning after another great night of dirt track racing. There was not one drop of rain at the track all evening. Races started on time, ran smoothly and we were loading up by 8:30 pm. Brady am sure made it to Outback before closing this time.  Pat Golley once again won the senior class. Kurt Brady in addition to expert class, raced vintage on a 400 champion framed Yamaha twin two stroke which was cool.....until..........you know it.....it seized in the heat. Spradlin won the expert class with Kurt second. Senior & vintage class were combined Billy Collins won vintage class. Matt took home honors in amateur class as did Tonya in the ladies class. I didn t keep up with any other results and I don t know quad names so someone else will need to provide commentary......sorry guys Track was still dialed in from the last races and was AWESOME. I talked to Rick and there was very little track prep required compared to other weeks. There was a few new guys too. Since I am still sidelined due to injury. I got a little carried away taking pictures. The first set are of the TT using my old camera. I am not taking any time to edit the pictures so you are getting the unedited version.....the good.....the bad and the ugly. Later during the flat track I used Tonyas new camera and hopefully ended up with some good pictures.Tonyas camera was awesome and I will probably never want to use mine again.

p.s. - pictures are posted in a separate thread in hopes of keeping dialogue.....TT pics....and flat track pics separated and in some orderly fashion.

Sincerely
Soon to be racing
Ward Jones
#66Q

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »

another side note since caffeine is working. Props to Brady....Rick or whoever made the decision......to allow Kurt Brady to race the vintage final........ILLEGALLY. When Kurts twin seized, at the last minute, Kurt was allowed to race his EXPERT class bike in the combined senior/vintage final. Kurt went to great efforts to make this race......attending a birthday party at 2 pm. Making it to the race and missing practice. paid his money for 2 classes, broke the twin but still got as much lap time as the night would allow. Had I been racing though.......I would have protested  Smiley. Every out of town racer I talk to ALWAYS  mention how much they like the laps they get at TBowl

p.s. - it took Kurt the ENTIRE race to get pass Pat Golley in the final for a one,two combined finish ........kinda makes you wonder doesn t it....  Cool

Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »

Thanks Ward for all the kind words, the track came in real nice for the main.
I wish I could have been out there too but sh*t happens.
and you know I had to look out for my Marine brother in the vintage main Wink
it was all for the laps.... same deal with the knobby....
Come to Thunderbowl race, have fun, go fast, have fun,
turn left, have fun!!!!

PS. You know he wasn't scored, all for FUN and going fast & backing it in bro.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »

The race was great. We had great weather, never a drop of rain in sight.

The TT racing was awesome. The track came in excellent and was hard, black & fast. Some excellent racing in all the classes.

An interesting sidenote: The Thunderbowl Kawasaki won the Intermediate class with Justin Palmer on it,  won the Ladies class with Ariel Raveling on it, and would have won the +30 class with me on it, but Kohler repeatedly rammed into me and finally caused me to spin out on the last lap so he could get around me. Them Putnam County people can be dirty like that sometimes........  Wink

The flat track racing was also excellent. The track came in very well and was fast. The races went nice & smooth and we were done at 8:30.

I will post race results tomorrow.
Honda85

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:35:14 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to the staff for running one of the best shows in five years at T-Bowl. TT went off on time and they had great races! Flat track got started on time. The track was perfect and fast. We were done at 8:30. It was great,thanks again!!!!!!!!
koh0001

#119 - Old & Slow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »

I was just giving it back to you after you put me in the grass in the heat race...BUT, as you can see there was no catching back up....I wish you better luck next time. Wink

* DSC05158 (Custom).JPG (46.07 KB, 635x476 - viewed 219 times.)

1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »

Ha ha ha... its all good Kohler. We'll meet again. Bring your weedeater cuz you'll be spending a lot more time in the grass. Wink

WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »

Thanks Ward for all the kind words, the track came in real nice for the main.
I wish I could have been out there too but sh*t happens.
and you know I had to look out for my Marine brother in the vintage main Wink
it was all for the laps.... same deal with the knobby....
Come to Thunderbowl race, have fun, go fast, have fun,
turn left, have fun!!!!

PS. You know he wasn't scored, all for FUN and going fast & backing it in bro.

I hear ya......nobody backs it in the turn quite like Kurt. I do worry about you ex marines though. Have you seen the sticker on Kurts bike....."I ONLY DO WHAT THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO DO"......I want to know what the hell the voices are saying.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com