Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YOUR HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED TO BRING BACK ATV RIDING AND CAMPING IN NORTH PO  (Read 6908 times)
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:05:48 PM »

YOUR HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED TO BRING BACK ATV RIDING AND CAMPING IN NORTH PORT!!!!

If I can please ask that you send an e-mail to our commissioners TODAY letting them know you support the repeal that will once again allow ATV riding and camping in North Port.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take two minutes to write to them stating any of the following ideas I have listed below.  WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET RIGHT NOW! The older section of North Port is voicing their opinion and they are against it ONLY BECAUSE THE NOISE ATV'S MAKE!

North Port has many, many awesome places to camp and to ride ATV's or dirt bikes but there is an ordinance in place that says you can't do either family fun-filled activities.  Not only is it good for our families to spend quality time together, but it brings money to our town since people stop for gas, food, and other necessities needed for their trip here.

Here are some things you can write about:

You can say something as  simple as "I support the repeal", or you can talk about how you enjoyed (or know people who do enjoy it) riding in areas where people don't live, or the economic impact of opening unoccupied areas again...

SEND AN EMAIL TO commissioners@cityofnorthport.com and voice your opinion!!! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!!! TOMORROW AT NOON IS THE DEADLINE TO RECEIVE THE SUPPORT WE NEED!!!

Let me know if you decide to do this for me so I can let my friend know how many people I have recruited.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND DON'T FORGET TO FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO YOUR FRIENDS TOO!

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

Done, here's what I wrote:

Honorable City Commissioners,

I support the repeal that will once again allow ATV riding and camping in North Port.  Although I live in Miami-Dade, I have family living in the North Port area whom I visit as often as possible.  My family are ATV enthusiasts and this riding area would allow for lots of fun, family time together in a legal riding area.  I sincerely hope this repeal is approved.

Tommie N. Taylor

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »

C'mon guys and gals everyone likes to complaint how we keep losing places to ride,  well this is our chance to get a riding spot back.  The best thing of all is you dont even have to leave your house or better yet the chair in front of your computer that your already sitting in reading this post.  JUST DO IT  and type a small letter to the comissioners letting them know that we are here and not going anywere and you support riding in the unpopulated areas of North Port.

I know atleast half of the ATVFLORIDA FAMILY has in the past years has either rode North Port or know somebody that has rode here in North Port.

Here is our chance to ride North Port once again....
PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL LETTING THEM KNOW YOU SUPPORT ATV RIDING IN NORTH PORT

The Commission has received 12 emails against the repeal, 2 questions and 4 for the repeal. This is not good. We are loosing our battle. I can not tell you how important it is to write your emails and attend tomorrows meeting. I know at least one commissioner who will bring up the fact that he received a 3 to 1 ratio of emails against. This is what you have asked for, and now it is time you work for it. I cant do it alone!!!!!

commissioners@cityofnorthport.com

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »

Here's mine.........by the way I don't have any kids, but I thought it was a good angle.

Dear Commissioners,
   I think ATVing and camping should be allowed. It's a great way to keep a family together. I have a 16 year old son and he will change whatever plans he has with his friends or even his girlfriend to come camp and ride with the family. How many of you have children? How many of your children that would rather hang out with you and their family over friends? Not only does it keep my son out of trouble, but unlike baseball, football or any other recreational sport we can participate in it together. I'm not just watching from the sidelines. We can all experience the joy as a family. ATVing and camping has kept my family closer than most people dream of. Please help others in the future keep their family as close together as mine is. Without places to do what we love that won't happen. Please reconsider and give the community a place to grow as a family.
Thanks
Frank Bartus

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »

Sounds good. Just a question or two.

Who owns the property that we want to ride upon? Is it the county or others?

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 02:38:01 PM »

Sounds good. Just a question or two.

Who owns the property that we want to ride upon? Is it the county or others?

Good point Matt ... as much as i have enjoyed riding at North Port Most of the property you are riding on is Private property and not Public. Even id this Ordinance is removed the cops will still ticket you when you drive across the roads and you will still be trespassing. None the less i sent an email. I just hope that if riding in that area is "opened back up" that people respect it this time and dont leave trash everywhere and race down the streets.

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too.

It seems rather counter-productive to ask the county to repeal an action that cracks down on illegal riding. Not sure it makes the ATV community look to good.  Basically, we're asking them to turn a blind eye to trespassing.

A better approach might be to get into direct contact with the property owners and get some sort of consensus from them to permit riding on their property. Once accomplished, you can then go to the county with a request to repeal the action relative to riding across streets from one area to another. We'd look better in their eyes because we will have taken out the trespassing concerns.

The remaining concern is liability for property owners and how to get around it. Not sure that it can be accomplished. While I'd love to see another area opened (or re-opened) to riding, it needs to be done properly and within the law.  Grin

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too.

It seems rather counter-productive to ask the county to repeal an action that cracks down on illegal riding. Not sure it makes the ATV community look to good.  Basically, we're asking them to turn a blind eye to trespassing.

A better approach might be to get into direct contact with the property owners and get some sort of consensus from them to permit riding on their property. Once accomplished, you can then go to the county with a request to repeal the action relative to riding across streets from one area to another. We'd look better in their eyes because we will have taken out the trespassing concerns.

The remaining concern is liability for property owners and how to get around it. Not sure that it can be accomplished. While I'd love to see another area opened (or re-opened) to riding, it needs to be done properly and within the law.  Grin
No property owner is going to permit riding on there land, mainly do to liability like you stated. The sue happy people of the country has ruin it for atv'ers. Sad

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »

Yeah, it's true. I don't see them lifting their prior decisions on camping and ATV riding. Doesn't make sense for the commission to do so. I mean, what possible reason can anyone give them to essentially approve law breaking?

Sucks I know. I've ridden in North Port years ago and it was fun. But, I am afraid it's going to stay gone to us.  Sad

zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »

I sent my letter to the address provided. I hope it helps ,I know many people have offered help when I asked for it and I appreciate the support and am always willing to help the cause.  Please keep us informed on the results and dont hesitate to contact me for help. I have been very involved in the OHV advisory committee and have lots of knowledge on the whole process of getting a place to ride. good luck and be persistant DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!    once they(Northport) see you aint goin away they will concede and will work with you. PERSISTANCE,PERSISTANCE,PERSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
jetski dawg

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 05:39:20 AM »

the ordinance was put in place when the city was trying to sell the lots of over-inflated prices that they had for back taxes..this was in early 06..the lots that didnt want us to ride on, had trespassing affidavids on them and was posted(this is still law)..the realitors was getting pissed that atvs was in the area that they was trying to sell the lots at...allot of the people who owned lots out there rode also... that what they are only good for.. no electricity, no water, no sewer, and the road are in such bad shape that the city wont spend the money to repair them(since nobody lives there).. the first (closest)lot is going to have to spend a min $30,000 just to get electricity to it... even in good times, no one would do it .. i moved to North Port just so i could ride... now there is a ton of empty homes there...it make economic sence to repeal the ordinance.. things are really bad here and letting atvs back here would help the cities economy..please help us and write to our commissioners....thank you
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »

What about an entire community that is designed and developed to allow off road vehicles for recreational use?   Why not?    If the developers design it correctly they can integrate several user groups (atv,dirtbike,4x4atv,utv,etc). and several types of models can be offered. Anything is posible!   I think I would move and become a member of the neighborhood. 

zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 05:03:24 PM »

vice chair David Garofalo sent me a response and will consider all suggestions along with a thank you          PLEASE SEND YOUR  EMAILS!!!!

dgt714

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »

I got the same responce,I hope they will consider to open up .
dgt714

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »

jest got word 3-2 against the repeal  Angry Angry
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 07:30:21 AM »

No riding in NP. We did make some strides with the new commission..they have agreed to team with the OHV community to find land for a OHV park. We heard this same line of BS back in 06 when they first passed this ordinace. As a tax payer and OHV rider I am going to hold thier feet to the fire and see what we can get done. I know this will take time but if we can get 1 place open in the next 2-3 years maybe some of our younger riders will benifit from it.

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »

I would write a letter once a week,call every other day, and ask for a meting once a week or as often as they let me     BE PERSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   IM TELLING YOU!!!!!!!!  IT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!       DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      let them get more frustrated than you and they will concede!!!!!!!!       once they see you aint goin away they will work with you         ABOVE ALL BE WILLING TO COMPROMISE!!!!!!!!!      AND PERSISTANT   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com