Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: diagnostic help  (Read 4924 times)
stick_rider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »

i was hoping someone has hadf this problem i have a honda 450s forman was out riding in all this water bike stalled after stall i had no start meaning no start from switch jumped out relay and had no spark if anyone has had this problem please help before i buy any parts it is a 1998 forman  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh thanks
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 09:53:03 AM »

my opinion from fixing cars would be whatever powersource feeds your relay feeds your ignition system. i would get a wiring diagram and check for either an inline fuse or a switch/relay which activates power to the circuit. wherever the starter relay gets power from you can pretty much bet that the ignition system does as well. but you need to look at the wiring diagram to see where the power to the starter system comes from.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 10:11:06 AM »

Check the connections under the seat from the battery to the solenoid. I've had a simular issue with my starter switch not working properly. I took it apart, cleaned with electrical cleaner and then sprayed silicone spray all around. Works fine now Smiley

stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:12:19 AM »

I DID CHECK WIRE DIAG AND SWITCH WORKS GET POWER AT TERM TO STARTER RELAY ON BOTH WIRES GOING TO RELAY I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NEUTRUL SAFTY SWITCH I THINK  Huh Huh AND ALL FUSES ARE GOOD I AM ALSO A TECH HEAVY LINE BUT I AM STUMPED ON THIS ONE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 11:14:06 AM by stick_rider » Logged
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 11:18:04 AM »

If you run a jumper from the positive on the battery to the starter , will it start? If not, could be the starter

stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 11:22:14 AM »

NO IT CRANK IF I JUMP THE STARTER CLY BUT NO SPARK
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 11:25:52 AM »

wow that is weird. sounds like it could be neutral safety switch. i'm sure you've thought of it but anyway of bypassing neutral switch. does the neutral switch kill ignition as well. maybe  the control is on the ground side rather than positive. i dont know just shooting ideas out there.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 11:30:47 AM »

Could be the neutral safety switch. Should be located near the manual shifter. Does the neutral safety switch illuminate? I'm sure the light is fed by the neutral safety switch so if it works the switch should be fine. Are you getting signal to the coil? When you tested for spark did you use the plug or a screwdriver?

kodiak-jason

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 11:37:55 AM »

Check the electrical connector on the right rear side of the bike should be behind the wheel on the frame ,it's got all the wires from the c.d.i. unit  in it. Make sure there is no water in it. Jason

"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock
stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 08:16:16 AM »

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP I AM GOING TO CHECK THE NEUTRAL SAFTY SWITCH CHECK CONTTINUITY I DID NOTICE MY REV LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON MY NEUTRAL LIGHT HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR SOME TIME ONLY REV WORKS THERE IS NO WATER IN THE CDI PLUG      TRUST ME THIS IS VERY WIERD I WAS RUNNING IS THIS WATER ALL DAY AND TOTAL SHUT DOWN HAPPENED RIGHT WHEN I WAS LEAVING  Huh Huh Huh
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 09:10:55 AM »

damn leprechauns!

stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

I HEAR YOU
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 09:38:41 AM »

Steam is one of the worse things for electronics. It gets everywhere. When I got my Rancher I took all the connections/plugs apart and loaded them up with dielectric grease. Everytime I wash the bike I spray all connections/wires/plugs with silicone. Haven't had an issue yet and I've sunk the bike many times.

stick_rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »

SO HAVE I THE BIKE HAS BEEN TOTALY REBUIT HAS 3500 MI AND 3000 HRS ON IT BEFORE REMAN THATS A LOT OF RIDING
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com