Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where to ride in southwest florida  (Read 71909 times)
lulu500

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »

I know there is at least one person out there that cares. He made a big stink and had the local authorities out writing warnings, tickets, and they even made a couple of arrest. It was in all the local media.

It's just like everywhere else, there are a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone...

True story.. the cops were just patrolling the roads making sure no one sped or left drunk. But I guess that didn't please the stick in the mud enough soo they banned riding all together... people can be mean  Sad

06 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 ES RED
Viper MX3000 winch w/ red Amsteel rope
27x10x12 & 27x12x12 Mud Bugs on Black DWT Rythms
Custom Center Snorkel

MUD DIVA
Of course I ride like a girl!
JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »

so basically there is no place left??
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »

so where do you park for cook and brown road? do you need a 4x4 truck to get back there?  do the few people who live out there care?

You can't go there.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,38388.msg435463.html#msg435463

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
brocker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

Redneckyachtclub is 15 minutes from Cook and Brown and you wont get arrested.
JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »

so anywhere else??
00Yamaha350

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 10:47:51 PM »

I dont know about anyone else but i still go riding in bonita almost every weekend both off of old 41"bonita dunes" and right off of bonita beach road near i75 "bonita prairie".
JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 09:06:06 AM »

where abouts is bonita dunes on old 41
dirtycruiser

Life is one long weekend!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 06:14:41 PM »

JoelandNicole, I sent you a IM, were riding Bonita tomorrow, Sunday around 10:30 +/- If you want to join us read the message.

2009 Renegade 800r X
2007 Outlander 800 Max LTD
27" Mudlite XTR's on ITP 14" SS212, SS106 rims
Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance
dirtycruiser

Life is one long weekend!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »

Joel...... you missed a great day of riding! actually found a deep mud pit and on my 3rd trip through, I got stuck. Turns out there was a poisonous snake about 2 feet away from me while we were winching out my Renegade. Didn't know it until a little kid there pointed it out to us after we got out. I hit a tree pretty good also but my GristleBoyz bumper saved the day. Put a major dent in the melaleuca tree though. Bars might have gotten a tad tweaked though, I'll check them out in the next couple of dayz. we had 8 quads with us today. There was a $hitload of quads out on the trails in Bonita, trucks and trailers everywhere. Luckily we didn't come across any other quads coming at us on the trails head on. we tend to fly at times on those windy trails. It's like a friggin race course on two of the trails with a mile or so of switch backs and continuos , short, tight high bank trails, one right after another.

2009 Renegade 800r X
2007 Outlander 800 Max LTD
27" Mudlite XTR's on ITP 14" SS212, SS106 rims
Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance
bigdaddymoe

ride red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 10:09:35 AM »

me and a friend parked off from alabama 2 weekends ago police caught us loading up
musicman1986

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »

whats the name for the area around alabama rd. on the NE side of 82?   i live in gateway and noticed that there are some small trails that start across 82 at Griffin and the stretch SE bound parallell to 82 for about 10 miles then everything is fenced in and i was just curious what that whole area is called or if it just consists of a bunch of smaller places?
markcrain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »

anyone have any input on big cypress?? is it a hassell and is it worth the hassel?

Wife and i have been going to big cypress.  There is a lot of slow going because it's rough.  We haven't seen it all yet so still hopefull. Guess it depends on what kind of riding you like.  Might be more fun once rainy season hits if you like you body water cooled. From the water line on the trees it can get deep.  Been to Bonita once, lots of cool stuff but worry about legality the whole time.  L-cross  was fun the one time we went.  It was considered dry I guess when we were there.  Must be a trip when it;s considered wet. We're still searching.  Might load up and go to mountains this summer.
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »

i live in lehigh...lots of little fun spots if you know where youre going.. heres a little taste Smiley

this was just yesterday.we were out there for 3-4 hours (samurai was stuck) we had about 5 quads , a samurai , and a jeep..

my ltr got a bit muddy Smiley

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »

anyone have any trouble with the police in bonita lately??
Johnny Rotten

Bring on the RZR burn, bumps, nicks, & cuts...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »

me and a friend parked off from alabama 2 weekends ago police caught us loading up

They are patrolling because of idiots racing ATVs up and down the roads there. After a month of an officer telling them to stay off the roads because they were getting complaints being called in they still continue to do it... We will never have a decent place to ride when this happens on a daily basis...  Bonita will be next. Streetbikes and ATVs racing down Bonita Beach road. The complaints are getting more and more and the police present in the area is getting greater and greater. They also bought ATVs at SunSports. It's only a matter of time when there will be a big crackdown in this area.  If you have an ATV please stay away from any main roads.

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."
Johnny Rotten

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »

i live in lehigh...lots of little fun spots if you know where youre going..

Is the Ghetto bird still flying around?

I haven't been out there in a couple of months when SWFWM started complaining. The bird was out a lot after that...

2009 RZR
Rancho 6" long travel...

JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 03:13:57 PM »

when was the last time anyone was out there??
Is it any safer during the week? Are they charging people with tresspassing?
Johnny Rotten

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »

when was the last time anyone was out there??
Is it any safer during the week? Are they charging people with trespassing?

I gots me a warning for trespassing... But I parked in the culdesac where another deputy told me I could park. A month later a different deputy was writing parking tickets. We told him about the other deputy so he tore up the parking tickets and gave us a warning because of the big sign that said "No Trespassing". So park way down on Vincent Rd someplace.  If you see any no trespassing or any no parking signs do not park there, you will get a parking ticket and if they see you you will get a trespassing warning.

And a warning. There is an old lady off of Vincent who drives a Jeep Cherokee that has a serious problem with any OHV use in that area and will threaten you with everything from calling police to bodily harm.  Just try to stay away from her, her property, and ignore her.  The Sheriff dept. knows all about her and usually ignores her too...

Other than this... Stay in the woods and away from Bonita Beach Road. The people in the gated community across the street love to complain and they will get a response from the Sheriff Dept.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:40:25 PM by Johnny Rotten » Logged

2009 RZR
Rancho 6" long travel...

JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »

what about the wildlife areas? trails go right through them, can you ride in there
Johnny Rotten

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »

what about the wildlife areas? trails go right through them, can you ride in there

Just watch for signs. Anything to the east of Vincent road is pretty much off limits. There are a few signs at the northeast end that says 'No Trespassing' so don't go in there.  Just stay on the well beaten paths and you shouldn't have a problem. Also the lake up front has 'No Trespassing' signs by the entrance so avoid that area. You will get your warning if caught there.  The authorities are trying to cut down on the noise and complaints so there is a police presents in this area. Also commissioner Midget Judah has his nose in it too and according to him ATVs should be band from the planet...

Good luck... With the bad apples ruining it for us, the odds are against us. Enjoy while you can, it's just a matter of time.

2009 RZR
Rancho 6" long travel...

D33411

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »

We went to Big Cyprus once.  Had to go through the inspections and pay the 70 bucks and we rode around in water up to our knees for 70 percent of the time.  Friend broke her running boards because there is a lot of huge holes in like rock or coral that you can't see because you are in water up to your knees.  I think it is more of a swamp buggy place.  They sent us a renewal letter and said because they only give out 1000 permits a year to ride there and they sold 900 some they were going to do renewals by lottery.  But I bet a lot of 4 wheelers go once and never renew.  I'd vote no on Big Cyprus.  Dawn
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »

Try the Jetport. This is located on Tamiami trail between Miami and Naples on the north side of tamiami, you will see the Dade-Collier transition airport sign. It's 46000??(i think)  acres of Miami-dade county land. This is perfectly legal...try to stay south of the airport though. On the north side that's NPS land and it's a totally different set of rules and regulations..
Johnny Rotten

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 08:54:11 AM »

Try the Jetport. This is located on Tamiami trail between Miami and Naples on the north side of tamiami, you will see the Dade-Collier transition airport sign. It's 46000??(i think)  acres of Miami-dade county land. This is perfectly legal...try to stay south of the airport though. On the north side that's NPS land and it's a totally different set of rules and regulations..

What type of riding?

2009 RZR
Rancho 6" long travel...

JoelandNicole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »

got anymore info on the jet port? I heard they were just thinking about it???
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »

I dont know since i;ve never been there. I do know that it's perfectly legal and it's disbursed meaning you can make your own trails. The area is pretty dry right now....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com