Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ride in NE Florida?  (Read 7282 times)
bugdust

I'm just here.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:29:05 PM »

Alright. I used to be on here daily. We used to go down to Rodman Dam and ride but last I heard they closed the pit there and trails, etc. It's been about 3-4 years since we were down that way. I sold my atv and got out of riding. My boys still have theirs but never ride them anymore since we're in Clay Co and they can't ride on the dirt roads. We had been warned a couple times by deputies.

I was thinking about getting another atv or maybe a rail buggy. What's the current status of riding in NE Florida? Can you still ride out of Rodman? I read you have to have a sticker on your atv now? What about kids? I have a 9yr old and a 16 yr old...what do they need to have to ride legally? Is it worth it to get another atv or should I just build a rail buggy? What are gas-powered golf carts considered...thinking about getting one for the wife and the baby since neither have atvs.

Lot of questions, I know...I've just been out of atvs for a few years.

2007 400ex
2001 300ex (son's)
2009 trx90 (son's)
1985 Honda Odyssey FL350
2007 Jeep Wrangler

a yard full of old VWs - always buying more if you know of any

I'm into old VWs too. ( I buy parts & projects)
rinconpete

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:28 PM »

I am new to the Jax area so I have no clue as to where to ride but I can tell you that as of last July anyone 16 and under has to have taken an approved rider safety course and show proof when riding unless on private property. i am sure that someone will respond to all other questions.

Ride every day like its your last!

06 RINCON GPSCAPE
05 GMC w/6inch FABTEC lift sitting on 36in MT's
RRPOA MEMBER
xchief1320

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »

There are a few decent places around NE Fl.
Hastings
Bostwick
Hilliard
Ocala
The Sandbox in Waycross ,Ga is a blast.
Motoplex in Madison,Fl.

I've been to all these places in the last few months and had fun at all of them.
Hastings and Hilliard are free.
Bostwick MX is $20
Hardrock in Ocala is $25
Sandbox in Ga is $10
Motoplex is $10 also i believe.

There is also Osceola National park. But i have yet to go there. But heard it was cool..

07rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:38:29 PM »

what is the riding like in Hastings and Hillard?  is it public or private?  could you provide directions?  i have been to Waycross and the riding up there is awesome and well worth the trip.
xchief1320

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »

what is the riding like in Hastings and Hillard?  is it public or private?  could you provide directions?  i have been to Waycross and the riding up there is awesome and well worth the trip.

Hastings has a little of everything. Wide open trails,tight trails,mud,hills,ravines,ect..It's called 10,000 acres and i believe it, it's huge..
Hilliard is sort of the same but way smaller. Maybe 100 acres?

I sent you a PM with the directions.

firemanjim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

Myself andf medicmudder want to ride saturday,maybe sunday,Any body heading anywhere near Jax?Would n't mind getting an email with those directions as well.On the southside of jax here.Have a little spot down the road for testing any waterproofing or snorkels if need be.

proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
lookin for members in Jax area
steveb

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 08:24:43 AM »

there is a little place in st augustine off sr 207.i usualy go there every other sunday.it's not huge but me and my boy have fun out there.
07rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:29 PM »

have yo guys heard of Race Pond ATV Park? 

http://www.racepondatvpark.com

looks like it will be opening on March 13th.
gnrsm8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »

I'm new to N Jax area and looking for places to take the family riding 16 and 6yr old.....trail and mud. I'd be grateful for any information you can give.....directions to, rules and whatever else you think I'd need to know.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 06:49:14 PM »

I'm new to N Jax area and looking for places to take the family riding 16 and 6yr old.....trail and mud. I'd be grateful for any information you can give.....directions to, rules and whatever else you think I'd need to know.

www.floridamotoplex.com  Wink
gnrsm8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 10:38:08 PM »

Thanks, I'll check it out.
jarrod1995

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »

Just wondering where this hastings place is the 10000 acres, thanks Jarrod.
Chuck Norris

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »

We live near Callahan and frequent the Motoplex for good all around family riding.   There is something there for every riding style. My boys enjoy the AMP Motocrss track and the PeeWee tracks..BEWARE OF HILLARD THEY DO NOT LIKE QUADS THERE I will not suggest Hillard for a place to ride , they are strictly a DirtBike venue
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:31:13 PM by Chuck Norris » Logged
xchief1320

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »

We don't ride at the MX park in Hilliard, We ride under the powerlines/woods beside it. That's not there land and we've never had any issues. BUT i haven't been in a few months since it's small and gets boring pretty quick to me so maybe things have changed.
rogers

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 10:26:03 PM »

if your looking for some mudboggin, lawtey mudhole every sunday. its located off HWY 301 before you enter lawtey. its $6 per person i believe, haven't been in a while. they have a concession stand with hotdogs and drinks, port-o-let, and a pond to rinse off in. there are also mud trucks but when we last went atv's out numbered the trucks. there's a big hole for trucks and atv's and a few nasty trails for the atv's.
rogers

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 10:43:02 PM »

here's a couple pics

* law2.jpg (94.47 KB, 428x321 - viewed 287 times.)

* law1.jpg (95.92 KB, 401x301 - viewed 311 times.)
Bulldog66

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »

You have to at least attend one feature event at the Motoplex if you live anywhere from Leesburg North. It's only a 2'ish hour drive and honestly, for the entire weekend, it's hard to beat price wise.

Some of the most responsible, fun and crazy people that you'll ever meet. Literally miles of trails, dry and wet. Peewee tracks for the little ones and more often than not, a pot luck supper Sat.night. It's then you get to meet and greet with folks that love to ride.

The "Plex" has recently offered a membership plan that will allow you to ride year round for a set price. IF you want to head out on a Wed. morning to ride for the day, have at it. No extra price and there's always a shower and wash rack for your dirty self and bike.

ALL types of OHV's allowed. Including 3 wheelers. NO TRUCKS. The park is just not set up for the big mud trucks. There's too many young kids running around and the Plex is not suited for it.

Anywho...
If youdo decide to attend a feature, feel free to PM me @ floridaatv.com. Robert is my board name there. I'll be sure you're greeted and I'll gather you up for our famous night rides!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com