Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champion Honda Cocoa  (Read 3675 times)
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2005, 09:01:59 AM »

In my recent dealing w/Champion I've noticed a slight lack of intelligence in their computer sys.. Been there twice for air and oil filters and when they brought the parts out of the back I had to tell them three times that was not the right size. Finally I got em to look up my previous orders to get the right numbers.  Moral, know your numbers before you go in. Service dept. is soso, backed up most of the time takes two weeks just for them to inspect.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:10:45 AM »

Okay, now that I've cooled off about it I'll tell you why I'll not go back to Champions Cocoa.
My wifes recoil starter would not engage when you pull the cord, the spring worked fine and the rope would go back in no problem just would not turn over the motor. Easy fix, I could have done it myself but the bike is under warranty and I needed that time to accomplish other things. So I took it to Champions for warranty work.
I get a call Sat. from Champ. saying they couldn't fix the bike cause I had mud and water in the recoil case, the warranty is void in this case. I got a little upset but figured I could fix it, when I got there to pick it up the girl at the counter asks "how are you gonna pay?".... "What do you mean how am I gonna pay? I brought it in here for warranty work?"
"Diagnostics check, we don't work for free.", is the response I get.
"You need to take that up with Honda cause I didn't authorize anything but warranty work, and if you did something without approval then thats your loss. I want my bike!", i said.
At this point I'm getting pretty hot, "First you void my warranty then you want me to pay you for looking at it?"
This whole time I've got my 4 year old in my arms trying to maintain my cool.
The head of service realized I wasn't going away quietly and said"Just give him the bike."
When the head of service brought it around I told him I used to like coming here, and that I didn't get upset until they tried to charge me for warrantywork.
"How do you think I maintain this big building?" is the response I get.
I'm done with them, I no longer have a dealer in Brevard county that I would trust to take my bikes to so if anyone does Honda warranty work Holla.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »

you know thats a load of crap. mud/water. you did buy an ohv. off-hiway-vehicle. what type of terrain is there on a non hiway surface. mud/water. unless they are street legal. all ohv's are going to have mud/water.  you should of told them"you did sell me an OFF HIWAY VEHICLE. but i'm sure it wouldnt have made a difference. some dealers just dont care.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 02:35:21 PM »

Sounds to me like the gasket that sealed the case from mud and water failed, letting water in which should have ALSO been under warranty. Do they think you took the cover off and purposely filled it up or something? Smart ones they are  Roll Eyes Its been my experience that most all the name brand dealers have awesome sales department, pretty good parts department, but the service area is always lacking. There are exceptions, but they are few and far apart.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 09:35:24 PM »

If you need parts go to www.servicehonda.com

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
kodiak-jason

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 11:25:28 AM »

Hey jw, Legally they "the dealership" can't void you're warrenty. It's all in how the dealer presents it to honda. Usually they have a cut off point at a certian dollar amount, before they have to get  authorization from honda to proceed with repairs.I can tell you one thing they did'nt contact honda about your bike. I have only delt with them one time since they opened just for this very reason. P.M. me and I'll give you my # and we can talk. I have a really good dealer I do business with. Jason

"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock
jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 05:23:58 AM »

I have yet another Champion story.
My buisiness partner recently had them replace the brake handle for the front brakes, now instead of half a handle he has no front brakes cause they did not adjust it after they put it on. You can squeeze it all the way to the handle bars and no brakes.
You think I would have learned my lesson then.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 01:28:54 PM »

If they proved it wasnt warranty & gave you a repair estimate, then you owe them an estimate fee if not repaired. They are within the law. I am sure you probably (unknowingly) signed a sheet of paper at the dropoff date explaining this. Not trying to get you upset, but that is just business. Although it is required by law that the shop hourly rate & est fee price be posted in the service area in plain view for all to see. Now if they did not give you an estimate for repair then you owe nothing & find another dealer.
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 01:37:24 AM »

the same happind whit my moms recon but it was down here  and they said that she had water in the carb and water in the air box and every thing and it was only 2 days old we rode it in the grass and it was boging out and every thing then we take it in and they r like water vodies the warnety we r like wtf so what is a utillty atv for to site there and then we took it up whit the manager og the whole places and they took care of it and said that he would deal whit them

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com