Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Forever is OUT OF CASH.  (Read 8153 times)
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »

The right wing nazi environmental group that uses tax payer money to secure and close Florida Lands from the public is BROKE. These wankers have closed down large tracts over the years and designate these lands as Environmental Areas for hiking, bird watching and horse back riding.
One area in particular is called The Lake Whales Ridge and runs from almost Hwy 60 all the way to Lake PLacid. Some of these lands are private, state, county, drainage lands including residential. There is no due process, vote, or public response. They just colored in the areas with a marker on a google map and put it up on their web site.
I guess there some good things coming out of these bad times we are in.       

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »

I think renmus tried to tell us about this last week. But, how can we be sure that they won't just turn those lands into shopping malls, now?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »

Florida Forever is low on cash but Natures Conservancy still has some....but that should slow things down since Natures Conservancy likes to buy it and then turn it over to Florida Forever or another state agency, and then not allow any recreation on it.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:43:50 AM »

Where does their money come from?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:17:04 PM »

The money comes from You and I via the the Government.

4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:35:19 PM »

money from us taxpayers  they use it to purchase land and deed to fl forever and forbid recreation activitys and 2 yrs down the road sell it to some developer and profit from it mean while hurting us. with ur stimulus check if u buy a32" tv  stimulates china's economy / including any purchase at wal mart  /if u buy a car it stimulates japans/ useless purchases for taiwan etc/ the only way to stimulate the u.s. economy is to buy at yard sales /domestic beer/ prositutes/ and tattoo palors only american business still operation to full capacity    sad  but so true

if u can't be good be good at it
indianjoe
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »

Some of their money comes from the government, the bulk comes from donations and corporate money.. look inside most Bass Pro Shops as you go in and look above you will find a Natures Conservancy sign. There are numerous cooporation that give to Natures Conservancy, they are worldwide and have alot of horsepower..much like the Sierra Club that "Realityhello"  posted about on here. I'm not saying everything they do is negative but they buy alot of land and then lock it down.

Here is their web site:

http://www.nature.org/?src=t1

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »

Thanks for the web site IJ. These guys are loaded and Liberal (are we allowed to say liberal in this forum?).

I was riding in a area in Highlands County that had been a riding area for locals for generations. They came out one day and posted signs on the trails saying NO ANYTHING ALLOWED. After a couple weeks the signs slowly came down. I happened to be riding there one Sunday in the Jeep when out pops the FWC guy pissed off because he had to to work that day and he wrote me an Arrest Citation. These are not regular tickets, they are for real. Since that day no one has been cited and riding is back to normal. Thats is why I feel the way I do about these people in regards to our freedoms and rights. We have to protect ourselves.       

Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

Florida Forever gets an large, earmarked amount of money every year. Unless there's been a change, they will get their money again this year.

What's the story on the out of cash reports? I am certainly interested.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
indianjoe
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 02:32:19 PM »

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/jan/09/state-money-land-buys-and-environmental-projects-c/
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 03:50:15 PM »

How come we call conservationists "liberals", call larger shrimp Jumbo shrimp and call 1/4 of a pie a whole half, etc.? Why aren't advocates of sharing public lands by all users called liberals(as in share the wealth)?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »

Is that like taking a dump or leaving a dump...... Huh

With all the agencies strapped for cash I don't see them getting much.Locking up land for bird watchers is far down the list from municipal improvement projects and plain survival.If those dumb tree huggers had saved their cash they could acquire twice as much land @ today's prices...

renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 07:22:06 AM »

I surely hope they have enough sense to put education ahead of birds.  You never know, these are politicians and it all depends on who they owe.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »

check out a movie called "the happening" ang get back to me.

i say we strike first, and dont give dem dear trees a chance.
we'll call it "operation dont give dem dear trees a chance-storm"

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 09:21:22 AM »

Florida Forever is funded by $300 million from the Florida Legislature every year.  The special session last week took away whatever money they had not spent to use for the budget shortfall.  Not all of the purchases are used to take the land and totally preserve it.  If groups get together to see that riding ares are included in the areas, they can be.  Currently the Baker County project that will open in 2010 has Florida Forever money in it.  Also, not all of the Nature Conservancy money takes land out of use.  In Santa Rosa County, the Nature Conservancy purchased land bothering Whiting Field to stop development of housing adjoining the training facility of 90% of the Navy Helicopter pilots in America. A project is now in the works to open a new riding area at that facility. This project will have T. Mark Schmidt funds also.  The major purpose of the Nature Conservancy is to buy and hold land until another governmental agency can find the funds to purchase it.  

When you are looking for future riding lands, do not condemn these agencies.  It is there money that will be utilized to buy the necessary land.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »

grizzlybear,
i am in no way the authority in conservation funds/program develepment.
but when you use words like "can be" and "is in the works" sounds like alot of political double talk. the bottom line is we are the enemy and they can care less about us.
yes i dont show support by going to all these "meetings"; which all have the same result, so i am not one to talk. i guess i am using my freedom of speech right(until it is taken away).
all they hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. like many have said we are the minority and majority rules.
please dont take this personnal grizzly. i am in no way addressing this to you.
gery

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »

I will be riding illegally this weekend according to the Fags Forever and the Natures Consuckancy! Grin Although according to my maps, Its all good riding. For those of you that think i am giving the ATV community a bad name too bad. I was here before they were.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »

Another article in the the local paper this morning.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090412/NEWS/904139995/1410?Title=State-May-Pull-Plug-On-Florida-Forever

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
AlterEgo

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »

Not sure what's happened since this news. http://www.news-press.com/article/20090416/NEWS01/904160348/1075

Anyone heard what happened last Friday when/if they put the amendment up to a measure in committee?

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 06:22:20 AM »

The Coalition for Recreational Trails needs your help to ensure the Recreational Trails Program is included in the next authorization. Visit our Recreational Trails Program page to sign on to a letter in support of preserving and growing this program, and visit our on reauthorization of transportation funding area to learn more about these vital programs.

"What will happen in your state if RTP disappears? Now is the time to think about it."

http://americantrails.org/resources/opinion/state-trail-programs-funding-federal%20recreational-macdonald.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com