Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bright house dropping 19ch's today...  (Read 3463 times)
The Quad FaJa
Supreme Member

05 KFX 440 "4 Sale"

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2008, 06:17:43 AM »

Look on MTV for the info...but they are dropping 19ch's from our service..wtf mate..

heres the # to call 1866-309-3279

Call to help stop this....
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »

That number doesn't work for me but my son said we got a call last night saying that were lsing Nickelodeon, mtv and 17 others.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:01:41 PM »

along with spike, noggin and comedy central are 3 of the ones I'll be disappointed with losing.  Well, Noggin for my son's sake.  I really hate to say this, but satellite is looking better every time Brighthouse is making new choices or when they are in the news.  Here's a link to explain why they are possibly dropping these channels.....

http://www.mybrighthouse.com/products/digital_cable/mtv_retrans.aspx

Mark
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:14:48 PM »

And my complex is requiring we get basic cable service.. So another $37 a month on my rent... and I won't have any decent channels? Whats the point!?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »

Don't blame Bright House for this one.The contract with Viacom was set to expire on the 31st and they chose to raise their price for programming to a ridiculous figure. The norm is that the two parties agree to an extension during negotiations in order insure that the public does not suffer a black out during this period,however,Viacom chose to place adds on the radio,internet,and televison,informing customers that they would be losing these channels as of midnight and to call the cable company to complain. Basically,they were trying to embarrass or strong arm BHN into accepting their price increase by using the customer as their choice of weapon. Very low buisness tactics. The 11th hour negotiations are common in this industry. The only thing that's uncommon is the way they tried to spin it. The bottom line is that the parties came to an agreement and the customer did not suffer a lapse in service.
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

Dang, that stinks... dropping comedy central!! I am for once glad I have comcast.

05 kx 250f
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »

Dang, that stinks... dropping comedy central!! I am for once glad I have comcast.

Dude,read the last sentence. They came to an agreement and did not drop any channels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com