Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mud Hole in Okeechobee, Fl  (Read 7440 times)
lauriejeanne

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »

There is a new mud hole opening in Okeechobee, FL this January.  It is a few miles from Thundercross.  The first event is Jan 9-11.  They have 300 acres to ride and big mud hole for everyone and a smaller one for supervised children 12 and under.  No glass, guns or night riding.  $15.00 daily or $40.00 for the weekend.  Children 8-13 $5.00 under 8 free.  Web site is holleymudhole.com.  I have the flyer and have talked to the organizers, so if you need more info, just ask.
floridacrakr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:23:05 PM »

is this where they used to have the airboat drag races?
lauriejeanne

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:36:33 AM »

I don't think so.  They say that this is their first event.  It is about 2 miles east from Thundercross in Okeechobee.  Off the main drag and supposed to be pretty good.
neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »

i went to the web site.  it didnt give to much information on it.  other than the basics-date, fee, ect.  what are they doing different than the other mud holes?
lauriejeanne

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:21 AM »

From what I understand, Nothing different except a separate mud hole for supervised children under 13, which for those of us who have kids is great.  They say that depending on the turn out they get at the first event that they are going to set up mud drag racing and an obstacle course, but for the first event, they seem to be just "getting their feet wet" to see what it will bring.  If it is nothing but trouble, they probably won't do it again.  That means one less place to legally ride.  There are so few places these days, I am trying to support one that is close to home and has potential.
neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 09:28:08 PM »

its nice to have a place to go that isnt that far from home.  but $40 for the weekend?  most of the places i have been charged $30 for the weekend.  that why i was hoping they were doing something different than everyone else.
lauriejeanne

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 09:00:58 AM »

I agree.  I doubt they have wash stations like at L-cross and Plant Bamboo.  Like I said, they are just starting out.  I can also be pretty sure that it isn't going to be a huge cluster f**k like the 70 East mudhole that happens twice a year.  I just look at it like I can spend 40 bucks for the weekend, have a great time and not risk the impound fees and ticket costs out at the prairie.  We used to got out there every weekend this time of year, but even as property owners, you can only ride on your own property.  Keenansville costs $40,70 East is $100, L-Cross is $40 and Plant Bamboo is $35, so I guess they are in line with everyone else.
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

im going to stop in a check it out.i just hope they do as they say and have mud and atleast a place to clean you bike before i leave. if there is no mud and it's a dust bowl ill be asking for my money back and heading out  Wink
Psycho Ward

Team psycho racing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »

im going to stop in a check it out.i just hope they do as they say and have mud and atleast a place to clean you bike before i leave. if there is no mud and it's a dust bowl ill be asking for my money back and heading out  Wink

I hear ya mike, me and a bud will be there sat. am also. Wink

07' Can-Am 800 Renegade (stealth snorkled) 28" Silverbacks on vision 159's, UNI filter, BRP pre- filter,BRP rear hitch,Pro Taper bars,death grips, HMF Penland pro pipe, Dalton Clutch, 650 helix mod,custom front bumper,LED brake light and diamond plate CV guards.

<a href="http://s145.photobucket.co
DocMurphy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 11:59:23 PM »

Hey Mike and Ward you guys for sure going out there? if so I think I might start the first day of my vacation mudding there.
Psycho Ward

Team psycho racing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

Hey Mike and Ward you guys for sure going out there? if so I think I might start the first day of my vacation mudding there.

Me and the GF will be there with daryl. Haven't talked to mike yet.

07' Can-Am 800 Renegade (stealth snorkled) 28" Silverbacks on vision 159's, UNI filter, BRP pre- filter,BRP rear hitch,Pro Taper bars,death grips, HMF Penland pro pipe, Dalton Clutch, 650 helix mod,custom front bumper,LED brake light and diamond plate CV guards.

Psycho Ward

Team psycho racing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »

Well holley mud hole had a good turn out, and we all had fun. Set up just like muddi gras, just a little larger mudding area I believe. They had vendors selling food and merchandise. The mud hole had a few rack deep spots around the edges, and some sloppy poo in the middle. There were safety crews, and okeechobee SO , plenty of port-o-lets. The only down side was no wash down stations, or hoses to rinse off bikes or trucks. I brought my own , which worked out fine. I'm sure they add them for the next events as some people requested . I would definately go back . For the location, and the price, it can't be beat.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com