Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kawi Question  (Read 1623 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »

Hey guys, we picked up a kawsaki prarie 360 a week or so ago for like 1,000 bucks and its in pretty good condition. We so far have found 2 issues that might be connected with each other. The guy we bought it from snorkeled the trans, the carb and the air intake for the engine but not the exhaust. He then said he threw a jet kit in the bike to tune it for the snorkels i assume. Anyway he said that it was stalling and kinda choking. So in his infinite wisdom he took a hammer to the stock exhaust and beat a hole in the muffler. Now it sounds really cool but i know its a bad idea because we dont want water pouring in while mud riding which is what this bike is going to see. Also, the bike is not idleing right. Its not returing to the right idle off the gas. It will sit a few hundred RPM's above what its supposed to and you cant shift the trans because its not at idle. It just makes a bunch of racket and doesnt do anything. All you can really do is just sit there and wait or kinda mess with the gas untill it stops.

So with all that said, I kinda need to know how to go about fixing all this. Im lead to belive that the problems might be connected with each other. I really want to leave the snorkels on and mabye snorkel the exhaust in the future. Is a jet kit needed when you snorkel. The bike i have now isnt so i dont really know. Should I switch back to normal jetting and get another stock exhaust?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »

Well I had this question on highlifter's forums also. Ive gotten a few suggestions.

So far they have said that it could be a fuel air mixture screw.

One guy said that I should go through the jets with a torch tip cleaner or a wire and try turning the fuel idol pilot a half turn to the left.

They said the valves might need to be adjusted.

Also have been told to check the carb and make sure its clean and to get a new exhaust.

Do you guys agree with those suggestions or think they are wrong? Thanks.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com