Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rhino leaking coolant  (Read 2826 times)
dannyboy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2008, 08:50:34 PM »

Rhino leaking coolant out of the hose that comes off the water pump is that normal? (should i snorkel that hose also)  After my last ride the coolant reservoir was empty but i didn't notice it steaming out of the overflow.  Also when i shut down the engine and turn the key back on the over heat light would come on then go back out when i restart the engine.  Anyone have the same problem or maybe know whats going on with it.

07 RHINO, submarine snorkels, douglas rattlesnakes, 28 Zillas, LRD torc, uni filter, hunterworks cdi, hl 2" lift, hl radiator on the role cage, brp gages.
03 400EX to much to list.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »

no thats not normal, coolant should stay in the engine. im sure the hose is just cracked near the hose barb, youl probably be able to get away with just trimming the hose back, if not go and buy a new hose from the hardware store. post a picture if you can.
shawnley1222

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »

no thats not normal, coolant should stay in the engine. im sure the hose is just cracked near the hose barb, youl probably be able to get away with just trimming the hose back, if not go and buy a new hose from the hardware store. post a picture if you can.

What he said and when you turn the key I cant rememebr exactly or not but I believe all the lights come on at first and then go off after a few seconds

07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/
BeReasonable

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:10:26 PM »

Is it the very small hose hanging off the bottom of the water pump? If so it means you most likely need a new waterpump seal.  Wink
dannyboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys.  Yes it is the the real small diameter hose coming off the water pump.  I never noticed it before, what is it for.  Yeah all the lights do come on and then go off except the over heat light it stays on (along with the fan) till i start the engine again, but it does not do it all the time.  Thanks for the help.

07 RHINO, submarine snorkels, douglas rattlesnakes, 28 Zillas, LRD torc, uni filter, hunterworks cdi, hl 2" lift, hl radiator on the role cage, brp gages.
03 400EX to much to list.
psmith717

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:43:07 PM »

i would be willing to bet that its your water pump.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com