Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Quad Scrambles Series in FLA!!  (Read 13236 times)
Mike Preslar

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »

The new Quad Scrambles Series, a part of Florida Trail Riders, is almost here!

With only one small vote remaining in August the Series is already beginning to take shape.
 It will have PeeWee, Youth, Beginner, and Utility classes as well as Specialty Age, and the standard Displacement classes.

Five existing statewide clubs have already gotten in line to hold Sanctioned events and Five more are up for grabs to make a Ten race series.

Where are the Quad Only clubs?

Hurry on up and get organized to be a part of what could be one of the Premier, Quad Only!, Off-Road Series in the country!!

Go to www.floridatrailriders.org and click on the Board of Directors meeting minutes on the right side of the page for a complete look at the new Series.

This is what the Quad riders of Florida have been waiting for and wanting, will you be a part of it?
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:47:30 AM »

Sounds  good  Mike , keep  us  updated ! Grin

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 08:09:31 PM »

Mike,  FTR keep the same series we all have been racing this season, plus the quads only, am I right ? If is so, hope the racing days will all be in diferent dates so we can go to both, I know some people from this site that are willing to give it a try on the hare scrambles

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 08:40:34 PM »

are they going to do that with the mx series also? if they did i would definetly do it.

#86 Honda 450r- TBR/Baldwin/Leager/PEP

"How now brown cow.How now brown cow."

SUPPORT YOUR QUAD ONLY SERIES!!!! www.ssqsa.com
Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:54:27 PM »

The quads in the MX series don't have enough participation to warrant our own series yet. Hopefully we can get more to come out and we will in a couple years.
 Grin
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 09:08:35 PM »

YFZ450--
They will be keeping the same HS series and also doing the QS series.  So you have the opportunity to ride 2 weekends in a row.(in most cases)  There are 5 races scheduled so far.  Hopefully 5 more to be added.  

Kid--
As of right now The quads do not pull enough racers in to justify their own series.  Maybe that will change one day . Showing that the FTR is the premier riding organization in the Country.  Last year the quad classes averaged 10 riders each race in each class.  (The womens class was a little lower.)  We are adding Youth Quad classes to the MX series this coming year also. (one more small vote)

The classes for Quads are:
  Quad B     (+16 years)
  Quad C     (+16 years)
  Quad Woman   (+16 years)
  Quad 35+         (+35 years)

Classes to be added are:
  Youth 0-50 cc   (4-8 years)
  Youth 51-90 cc  (7-12 years)
  Youth 91-200 cc 2 stroke/91-300 cc 4 stroke (13-15 years)

The youth quad classes are based on th ATVA classes at national races.

Hope this info helps.  I am the Quad rep for this coming year in the MX series.If you have any questions about the MX part of the series contact me. I will help you as much as I can.  Or will find out and relay the info to you.

Brett Jones
AKA-- LOSTCAUSE
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 09:11:07 PM by LostCause » Logged

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:19:30 PM »

Yes LostCause, I'll be looking for both, that will be nice, having different places ride every weekend, I hope all quad riders participate on this, any one or both series why not, and having the kids and and everybody else it will be even nicer, lets be part of this effort to make this real.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 11:29:27 AM »

hopefully im getting my front end over the summer, so it would put me out to 50 inches. is that too wide for the harescrambles? Because i want to try some of the harescrambles this year and see how i like it.

Mike Preslar

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 12:47:50 PM »

50" is maximum width at all events.
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 01:10:06 PM »

will 50" fit good in the trails?

Mike Preslar

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 01:26:16 PM »

Join a club and help lay out trails. You make them any width you want.
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 06:06:47 PM »

Hey Kid !!! 50" is a little too wide, but you should be able to make it, but you will find out that you want to strink your front end so you can make in between the trees  Grin

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 09:42:52 PM »

LOL. would you recomend switching back to stock shocks and arms for the scrambles or just be very carefull? Also whats your favorite tires to use? i had a set of razrs and they were really nice in the trails.

Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:52:50 PM »

A lot of the scramble guys run Houser +1/2 or +1 at the most  A-Arms and good shocks or for the big spenders, the ARS/FX kit.
TBR_#86

one day

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 11:00:13 PM »

right now i have 2+3 off-set so ithink if i do 4-1 offset i should be ok.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 11:05:29 PM by Kid » Logged

Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 03:08:16 PM »

LOL. would you recomend switching back to stock shocks and arms for the scrambles or just be very carefull? Also whats your favorite tires to use? i had a set of razrs and they were really nice in the trails.

I would say that 50" is to wide...

I run RAZR 2's on the front and run I-RAZR's on the rear...I have plus 1 ARS-FX A-Arms and long travel Custume Axis suspension...

Also wanted to add that there will be a UTILITY class for next years new series...come on out guys and gals!!!!!!!!!

Jen

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 04:18:19 PM »

Hey racergirl47--
Just wanted to say congrats on the artical in Dirt Wheels Mag.  Keep up the hard work!!!!!!

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
qt314nfla

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2005, 04:44:30 PM »

Also wanted to add that there will be a UTILITY class for next years new series...come on out guys and gals!!!!!!!!!

Jen

Do you have any  more info on the utility class?  How much to get in?  What kind of racing?  That kind of info.....that sounds like something I'd get in to.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 04:47:10 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2005, 10:05:28 PM »

Hey "QT" go to www.floridatrailriders.org you can get all the info you need about the all new "QUAD SERIES" for next season, there is a proposed calendar for the season.

I know there will be a lot of utility quadsa taking place at this races, some of them gave it a try on the regular season, but they were kind of big for the regular track set up, you can't really mix them up with the sport ones.

So you utility quads riders, come on and join us, and show what you got, you will have a blast

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
qt314nfla

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2005, 10:12:19 PM »

I was looking around and didn't see anything or didn't know what was set out for utilities.  Is it a track race or what kind of thing.  I've done enduro's like pumpkin and bunny run.  And for you smart arses I did the timed run not the drunk run....lol.

Not sure where to look exactly to find it.  I'll keep looking around but if you have any quick info that'd help.   I agree you can't mix the two when racing.  Completely different type of racing.
Oldracer#23

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 10:23:22 PM »

"QT", Hare scramble courses will probably be anywhere from 6-10 miles a lap.  Unless the rules change, the start will be a dead engine start.  This year we ran to our quads and started.  Next year, It might be a GNCC type dead engine start.  Most courses have sections of open areas, tight areas, hillclimbs, simple motocross, and depending on the weather, mud.  This was my first year involved with racing quads in FTR and it was a blast.  I met alot of great people that will now be friends of mine for years.  It is definately worth your time to check it out. Smiley
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2005, 10:24:13 PM »

OK "QT" go to their web site, on the home page, ride column, scrroll down you will see the BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S MEETING minutes 5/21/05, doble click on it and scroll down you will see all the classes and track caracteristics.
Hope this help !!!
There is also a phone # you could call at office hours

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2005, 10:26:28 PM »

Hey Bill, you missed a very nice ride today, I know Kevin call you, it was a blast... next time  Grin

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Oldracer#23

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 10:34:08 PM »

yeah, I heard Sad  My wife did not like the idea of me going to Ocala because she is due to go into labor at anytime.  I went to Croom today with some FTR bike friends of mine instead.  I have never seen a 400ex due several cartwheels until today as I was flying upside down watching it.  I have now learned that a steering damper is a good thing.  Let me know if you are going to Bartow this week.
qt314nfla

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2005, 10:52:33 PM »

Thanks everyone for helping me find the info.  I'll be checking more into it to see if I can afford it.  If not this year maybe next.  Either way I'm going to have to come check this out.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com