Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prayers needed  (Read 4545 times)
miniquad8

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »

most everyone knows about cam's crash sat nite at dade city..preliminary x-rays showed to be ok w/no broken bones.a follow up today revealed 2 fractured vertebrae..it looks like surgery isn't an option so we will start with physical therapy tomorrow...cam is very heartbroken and scared...please keep him in your prayers....

cam covil#8
04 dade city unlimited mini quad 2nd place
05 dade city unlimited mini quad 1st place
05 gnc mx 70 production 3rd place
06 gnc mx 70 shifter national champion(round 3,5,6,7,8,9,11 winner)
06 dade city quad youth 1st place
06 gncc round 1,4 winner
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:32 PM »

man im osrry to hear that!! seems like there has been aot of back injuries lately. wish him a speedy recovery!!

jake #53

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:38:45 PM »

I hate to hear about anyone getting hurt, but it's part of the game. Get well soon!!

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:54:48 PM »

You have many prayers coming your way.  Many people have asked me about him.  If there is anything we can do Tracy, just say the word.  Please tell Cam we are thinking about him and wish him a speedy recovery. 

Tom, Yolonda & Sam

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
yfzracer88

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »

Cam & family,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you make a speedy recovery and if there is anything that we can do for you, please ask.

Steve, Reba & Chris
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »

GET WELL SOON CAM!! Keep your chin up mister!! You will heal and will ride again!!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
hammsandwich racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »

Cam and Family,

You are in our thoughts and prayers.Rest and heal, We are here if you need anything.

Wade, Christy, Chris and Cass

Hammbone Mx
CPR #23
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »

most everyone knows about cam's crash sat nite at dade city..preliminary x-rays showed to be ok w/no broken bones.a follow up today revealed 2 fractured vertebrae..it looks like surgery isn't an option so we will start with physical therapy tomorrow...cam is very heartbroken and scared...please keep him in your prayers....
Sometimes fractured vertabrae's are not bad as they seem, hopefully in his case it's not. Sense there starting physical therapy already means he's probably going to be alright. Sometimes these minor set backs only make you more determined and focus then ever before. Good luck in your recovery Cam! Thumbs Up

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »

prayers sent! get well soon!

Wilbur

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Kawidad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »

Tracy,Cam and Family,
    You have the pryers from our family going out and
if you guys need anything at all let us know,whatever
we can do to help-Speedy Recovery !  ! ! ! ! ! ! !!

Toby,Renay and Jake #53
miniquad8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »

thanks everyone for all the kind words and prayers....as a parent it breaks my heart to think about allowing my son to get back on the quad again,but it hurts even worse to watch him cry when the doctor is telling him he can't ride for a while.i have never seen him so upset about anything..the doctor is also a competitve racer(sailboard)and treats primarily sports injuries,he has a very positive outlook and is promising cam a speedy return..they decided to start therapy today because of the determination cam displayed during the examination..every physical test they gave him he could accomplish and when the doc asked if it hurt his reply was no....the doc said he knew it hurt but with an attitude like that he wasn't going to hold him back....i know alot of others got injured over the past weekend and they are in our thoughts and prayers as well...again thanks

cam covil#8
06 gncc round 1,4 winner
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »

It was definately a tough weekend for a couple of great 8s

Everyone has their place in this crazy world and I believe our kids place is on the track.  You are not alone in your worries and fears and many (more like all) the parents of these kids feel the same as you.  I am not a deeply religious man but do have my beliefs.  I pray to the Lord when  everyone of these kids go down that he takes care of them and heals them.  I thank the Lord every time my son comes off the track unscathed.  I now know that this fear of our kids getting hurt on the track will NEVER go away.  I also know that it's too late to ever try and stop my son from racing.  He loves it too much....just like yours.

My only recourse is to think of the things I love to do and tell myself would I quit them if I got hurt participating in them?  My answer is always a resounding NO.

With that said....
prayers sent
and God speed

the Nales family
Ellis#8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »

Hey Cam, my little #8 Buddy! I hope you have a speedy recovery! It was def a tough weekend for the #8's, but we will bounce back! Getting hurt sucks, as we all know, but we have to take the good with the bad, and this is a part of the risk we take to do what we love. You will be out in front again!!!! Just learn from it, as I hope I have, at least your wreck isn't on You tube and getting played over and over again. "ssqsa open b last lap". I saved it to my myspace too as a reminder to me! Cam, you toke a pretty bad tumble and you showed how much toughness you had when you got back on and rode the last lap!  I gotta give you props, man! You're #8 Buddy Ryan!

ovalracer44

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 09:06:27 PM »

Tracy we know with Camerons attitude that he will be ready to ride again before you know it. everyone loves Cam because not only is he a great racer he is also a real good kid and we are all praying for him. we as parents know that there is always a chance that when our kids are on that track that there is a chance of them getting hurt. Justin Ward and Katelynn Lewis and Kacee Lewis wants Cam to know that they are thinking of him and wish him a speedy recovery. If you need anything please let us know. from the Ward and Lewis family.
miniquad8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 07:13:30 PM »

thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts...we spent most of the day at arnold palmer and hanger prosthetics...phys.therapy has been put on hold and cam was fitted with a back brace..he actually has3 fractured ,t6,7,8 vertabrae..i'm afraid to take him anywhere else,they may find something else..he says tell everyone hi,he wants to ride NOW.the healing process is gonna seem like forever....thanks everyone..

cam covil#8
06 gncc round 1,4 winner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com