Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Off to Talladega  (Read 4221 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:17:56 PM »

I've been in California for the last 2 weeks and managed to squeeze in 2 hours on the dunes at Pismo.   Cool  There was an outfit there that rented me a 400ex and put the wife on a 250ex.  I always knew it had to be awesome and it was everything I hoped it would be.  I just wish I had my old Raptor out there.   Wink  The 400 was a pretty nice ride but it did let me down at the top of a very tall, very steep dune; believe me when I say that's not a very comfortable position to be in!   Cheesy  Anyway, I'm off to Talladega but when I get back next week, I'll post pics and video of the dunes, if they turned out ok.  It was very foggy that day which made the light flat and the dunes dangerous.  It was nearly impossible to tell what was over the lip so every edge had to be approached with a lot of caution; it could be anything from a smooth downhill to a 150' sheer drop.  The pics I previewed on my camera don't seem to show the depth of field I was hoping for so maybe the video we took will look better.  Who's gonna win the Chase?  I think this weekend could pretty much seal it up for Johnson or Edwards.  Of course, a win for Biffle and poor showing from the other two could make things really interesting.  See you all when I get back!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:45:27 AM »

I'm missing Talladega this year and am really bummed. Takes some pics of the fesitivities on Esteboga and Talladega Blvd.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »

This is my first time to Talladega and don't know where that is but I'm sure it won't be hard to find by your description.   Wink  We're not camping on speedway property but right across the street at a campground that has water, sewer and electric.  The 'honey trucks' charge too much to empty the tanks (at least they do at Daytona; $45 each time), and with 4 people on board for a long weekend, I'd have to empty the tanks several times.  It's supposed to be in the mid-forties up there this weekend at night so I'm looking forward to that.  I'll post pics next week.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »

Thats my favorite race track. The history and the great battles over the years makes it legendary. Have a great time.     

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:16 AM »

Those blvds are inside the track. We camp on turn 2. I have a whole hefty bag full of beads that aren't going to get used this year.  Sad

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »

I am not a fan of this race.... its ok just wait till the last 10 laps to watch who wins.  Even with that said I would still like to go watch though.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
rancher1

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:27:25 PM »

Enjoy  Sad
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 05:33:35 PM »

great digginfool hope the fam is doing well have fun

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »

WHAT A RACE!!  My seats were awesome, too.  They were in Section BB, Row 66 in the Birmingham Tower which gave me a clear view of the finish line, about 100 yards down the track.  Carl Edwards pit was directly in front of us.  You could tell he was pi$$ed-off when he spun his car.   Shocked  Great racing, the first 'Big One' was right in front of us but we missed the last wreck because one of the guys with us got sick on a hot dog and wanted to go back to the RV with 12 laps left.  Pics soon!

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 09:24:43 AM »

WHAT A RACE!!  My seats were awesome, too.  They were in Section BB, Row 66 in the Birmingham Tower which gave me a clear view of the finish line, about 100 yards down the track.  Carl Edwards pit was directly in front of us.  You could tell he was pi$$ed-off when he spun his car.   Shocked  Great racing, the first 'Big One' was right in front of us but we missed the last wreck because one of the guys with us got sick on a hot dog and wanted to go back to the RV with 12 laps left.  Pics soon!

To bad Regan Smith got screwed. I bet the next time someone is in that position, they take someone out. He should have spun Stewart out. I bet he does the next time.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

To bad Regan Smith got screwed. I bet the next time someone is in that position, they take someone out. He should have spun Stewart out. I bet he does the next time.

I agreed with you until I read and watched a little more on the explination.  There is still the rumor that anything goes on the last lap, thats the only thing I don't understand.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »

I agreed with you until I read and watched a little more on the explination.  There is still the rumor that anything goes on the last lap, thats the only thing I don't understand.

I understand the rules entirely. Its just that now that its brought to everyones attention. You will be seeing more wrecks on the last lap because under no circumstances would you get me below the yellow line on the last lap just to avoid a wreck.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 03:00:59 PM »

Yea... if I could get between him and the yellow line I would hold my ground and around he would go.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com