Suzukie Eiger Shift Light Short

Started by Eager Beaver, September 24, 2008, 11:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eager Beaver

I have a 2002 Suzuki Eiger and I am having problem when I start the Bike it runs great but the Lights that Indicate what gear High, Low or Reverse stay on all at the same time. Does any one know if there is a Shift Location Sensor or if this is all part of the CDI ? Some help would be great

TRX450R_Racer

I don't know much about UTEs. I would have to say it should have a switch to send the signal to the light. You can try www.mrcycles.com and look at the microfiche to see where that switch is
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Eager Beaver

I have checked out Bike Bandit and looked at the Microfich and can not seem to locate any type of switch or sensor any more ideas ?

crom A zone

you are talking bout the lil lights by he key right?  if so they are just bulbs  prob burnt out   or check your fuse under the seat   its all in loop with the  reverse  light or fan  let me no if u need more help
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Eager Beaver

#4
No the Lights STAY ON.  They do not go Off. I recently had a CDI Box start acting up. So I bought a new one only to ride the bike 2 times befor it stated doing the same thing again. My thought is that if the Shift Position indicator is telling the CDI that the bike is in Reverse and it is actually in High. It would engage the reverse rev limiter and start breaking up on the top end. That is the problem that also started when the lights started to stay on.
I located the Position switch tonight so I am working throught that theory. Does it seem like it makes sense?????

crom A zone

yea   with out seeing it  its make ing  it hard   to help you   sorry tho
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com