Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderbowl TT & Flat Track - 10/4/08- RACE RESULTS ADDED  (Read 10971 times)
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »

The next race at Thunderbowl Speedway will be a double header. We will run TT during the day/afternoon and Flat Track at night under the lights. The Flat Track race will be the make up for the rained out race on 9/20/08.   

First, we will have our first TT race on a the newly re-designed and rebuilt TT track. This race is open to quads and bikes.
Gates Open at: 9am
Practice at: 10am
Racing at: 12pm

The Flat Track racing will be the final race of the SDTA points series. This race will be a DOUBLE POINTS race. I understand some of the classes in this series are very close, so don't miss it. This race is open to quads, bikes, and all sprints. We will take a short break after TT racing to prep the track for Flat Track racing. The flat track racing should begin at the normally scheduled race time of:
Practice at: 4pm
Racing at: 6pm

There is a full concession stand scheduled to be at this race.

There will be some holeshot awards$$$ in some of the classes, and possibly some money classes, depending on class sizes.

Later
.RD

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:52:07 AM by fastrnrik » Logged
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:47:55 PM »

The next race at Thunderbowl Speedway will be a double header. We will run TT during the day/afternoon and Flat Track at night under the lights. The Flat Track race will be the make up for the rained out race on 9/20/08.   

First, we will have our first TT race on a the newly re-designed and rebuilt TT track. This race is open to quads and bikes.

The Flat Track racing will be the final race of the SDTA points series. This race will be a DOUBLE POINTS race. I understand some of the classes in this series are very close, so don't miss it. This race is open to quads, bikes, and all sprints. We will take a short break after TT racing to prep the track for Flat Track racing. The flat track racing should begin at the normally scheduled race time of:

There will be some holeshot awards$$$ in some of the classes, and possibly some money classes, depending on class sizes.

Later
.RD

Is this just for the Flat track race or the tt race as well?

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »

You never know. It will be decided on race day.
YamahaBabe27

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:39:29 AM »

If I race the TT do you think I can be in Dade City by 5 Which is 1hr 20mins from track to track to race in time?

Paige
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »

I've never been to Dade City so I have no idea.

.RD
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 11:28:45 AM »

Alrighty then. New flyer is up. I will be trying to do one for the TT. If anyone has some pictures from the first TT track, send them to me and I will use them on a flyer. Jayman sent me a few and I will use one or two but some with a couple of riders in the frame would be sweet!.

* T-bowl.jpg (79.4 KB, 605x782 - viewed 179 times.)

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 08:49:22 PM »

Flyer looks nice. I like the lightning bolt logo. You just need to get rid of that slo Kawasaki on there.
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 05:52:27 AM »

Later
.RD

inquiring minds need to know:

Is the price of admission good for both events?
Rain checks good for both?
or separate admissions?
gates opening at 9am.......concessions serving breakfast & coffee? Smiley gotta have my MOJO
holeshot awards?Huh

Ward

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 08:56:25 AM »

No seperate admission for this race. 1 admission gets you into both events.

Gate rainchecks are good to get in either event. The racing registration rainchecks from the last flat track race are good for the flat tack race only, not the TT race.

The concessions will be an outside vendor, so I'm not sure about breakfast & coffee. I will find out though. I hope he'll have coffee. Brady is a d!ck if he doesn't have coffee in the mornings

Holeshot awards- We're going to pick some classes, and pay the rider who gets the holeshot in the main. The classes and how much are up to Brady. He'll explain it all in the riders meeting
YamahaBabe27

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »

are the awards for TT or FT?

Paige
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »

No seperate admission for this race. 1 admission gets you into both events.

Gate rainchecks are good to get in either event. The racing registration rainchecks from the last flat track race are good for the flat tack race only, not the TT race.

The concessions will be an outside vendor, so I'm not sure about breakfast & coffee. I will find out though. I hope he'll have coffee. Brady is a d!ck if he doesn't have coffee in the mornings

Holeshot awards- We're going to pick some classes, and pay the rider who gets the holeshot in the main. The classes and how much are up to Brady. He'll explain it all in the riders meeting

Since this is shaping up to be the "Event of the Year" at Thunder Bowl Speedway.........may just have to put on the "RITZ" this time.......get my boyz (Kurt & Pat) to take care of the bike loading & hauling......Come Roll'n Up in the "Pimp Mobile" with my ho'......<I mean my dear loving wife> with me, blasting some music!! Cool ....... its all good!!!!

Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 07:37:03 PM »

are the awards for TT or FT?

You never know. It will be decided on raceday. Wink
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »

Are you going to have a Slowshot Award? I don't want to see Ward miss out on the fun!
I know, better yet, an award for the most parking in turn 3!
Richard.

KnK Motorsports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,35990.0.html

K&K Motorsports
specializing in off-road performance
Suspension & body lifts,leveling kits,
tires & wheels, ATV performance,& powdercoating
Authorized Dealer for Lonestar, Blingstar,AC,Nacs,ODI Grips,Ron Woods,Falicon,ESR,Herrmann,Duncan

06 YFZ450 #12
08 KFX450 #21
YamahaBabe27

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »

Wellll Ill be there in Spirit!!!  Sad haha Save that Holeshot for me when my bike is Fixed..  Evil

Paige
WJDTRI
Supreme Member

"KEEP'N IT SIDEWAYS"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »

MAN!!......last night was a BLAST!!!!!

yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »

MAN!!......last night was a BLAST!!!!!
Your last race was awesome.

Brady,

Thank's for the track and hospitality. Last night was a blast!!

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »

Yes Brady

Thanks once again for having us!

Those bike were hauling last night.  I clocked Sean on his bike going 64mph consistently while Travis went 65mph in the Open Quad race.

Lots of great/close racing going on

stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 06:20:12 PM »

Last nite was a gas, even if I did park it on its side between turn 1 and 2! I'm going through the pictures that Eric took last nite. I will get them up tomorrow sometime and whoever wants a good print let me know what size and I'll have it at the next TT and FT races.
Let's do what we an to support the home track by showing up and having some good clean racing!
I still think I should have won the holeshot award. Grin I did get there first on the first start! lol
It's all good. Amazing time. Nice weather, track was in excellent shape and had real good grip all around. I'm ready for the next one!
Richard.
P.S. Jayman, I've done a quick once over on the pictures and we do have some good shots of you and the wife in the ute, one where you got some air I do believe.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:23:22 PM by stgsali » Logged

jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »

Send me the samples if possible, then we will tell you which ones to print for us at the next race 

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »

We had some great racing this weekend. The weather was perfect, and the track had tons of grip.

There was a very good motorcycle turnout with several new faces, and EVERY one the bike classes put on an excellent show. The Vintage class had one of the BEST motorcycle races I've seen in a long, long time. In the Vintage class main, Ward Jones and Donnie Huffman absolutely went at it lap for lap. Ward ended up with the win, but man it was some close racing. I hope some has pictures, or better yet video's of that race, so I can put it on the Thunderbowl website. The Expert class was also very good, with some seriously fast guys in it. These guys are hardcore and do not back off one bit. The Senior class was also very good. It was good to see Mr Rourke out there riding after healing up from his spill in Jasper. I'm thinking maybe the cool weather made the bike guys a little crazy this week. LOL.

The TT racing on the new track was alot of fun. The track is fast, technical, and very challenging. The UTV's were very entertaining. Jayman's wife put their Polaris RZR on it's lid twice on the tricky off camber turn. Fortunately, the only damage was cosmetic (and maybe some bruised pride LOL). I will give her credit though, they'd flip her back over and she'd go again!

This was the last race of the SDTA Summer Series. We drew for the number of drop scores, and it came out to 3. Dave will have the points updated soon and we will see where everyone stands. We will have a banquet and awards for the series at a date and location to be announced.

Also, I forgot to mention it in the drivers meeting, but Richard Czarniak and his son were taking pictures and will have them for sale. The quality is great and his prices are very good. I've bought several, and will buy more. His screen name on here is stgsali, so hit him up fif you're looking for some racing photo's.         

Thank You to everyone who came out and supported the track.

-Brady
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »

I left all the race results at the track. They will be posted tomorrow.
Huffman Racing

be fast or be last

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 12:06:51 AM »

What a Sat night at the flat track.. Tongue  Congratts to all the winners.
 Lets get sideways, Donnie.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:08:44 AM by Huffman Racing » Logged

Lets get sideways.
Donnie Huffman #31
www.myspace.com/huffmanracing
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »

I just wanted to add some info to Brady's report from Sat night for all of those that missed it.

Brady was battling with some dork on L.E.YFZ450 in the final we he suddenly decided to lay down a 20ft black streak from his right rear tire coming out of turn 2 which resulted in a Olympic type of performance for the "Big boy barrel roll & belly flop trials". When I looked over my left shoulder he was completely sideways and still on the gas with the right rear smoking and I thought to myself he his definitely spinning out and then it caught and starting violently flipping and bouncing him off the track surface. I give him a 10.5 for style and a 9.5 for form.

OK, all joking aside I was very happy to see him squirming around on the track and still conscious when I got to him, after a few minutes to catch his breath we hoisted him off the track with a little help and he even Manned up and went back to the pits to get his Kawasaki and come back out for the restart to finish the final.

I want to personally thank the entire Thunderbowl staff (Brady, Rick, Teddy, Liz, Jennifer, Brad) for all of there hard work and efforts that go into providing a great night of Flat Track racing for us.

We need to show Brady our appreciation for his efforts by continuing to increase the turn out for both spectators and racers, please inform all of your friends/family that the weather was perfect and the racing was excellent and bring them with you next time.

S.M.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:55:44 AM by 2 wheeled flat tracker » Logged
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »

Shawn, I would call it more of a "superman" than a "belly flop" LOL. I was standing outside of turn 1 and saw the whole thing. He was inside of you and clipped the cone coming out of turn 2. He was trying to ride it out, but it hooked and went on over. It was a helluva violent crash, and I expected it to be bad when I got there. I was really surprised he wasn't seriously injured. I was out at practice yesterday and measured from where he crashed and how far he flew before hit the ground..... 40 feet, give or take a little. He's a tough f#&ker (or maybe dumb??) though, so he'll be fine. Heck, he ran a motor grader on the jobsite all day today, although it took him a little while to climb up in it. LOL

Hopefully, the picture man got it on film. I would love to have pic's of it, so I can laugh at him about it for years to come.

Thanks for the props. We do our best to have a good race.

Rick Dugan   
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com