Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pricing & Class Changes at Thunderbowl Speedway  (Read 1903 times)
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »

First and foremost, there is going to be some pricing changes for the quad and motorcycle racing at Thunderbowl Speedway. I have made the decision to make these changes because I know things are tough with the economy, jobs, gas prices, etc., so I want to do what I can to help the racers and encourage new racers to come out and give TT & flat track racing a try. I am going to try this pricing out over the next few months to see how it goes.

GATE FEES
Ages 12 & up- $10.00 per person
Ages 6 to 11- $5.00 per person
Ages 5 & under- FREE

ENTRY FEES
Mini's / Pee Wee's - $5.00 per class. This includes any quad or motorcycle class up to 90 cc
"Amateur" Trophy Classes - $30.00 for the first class, $20.00 for each additional class. This means if you want to run the +25 class and the "B" class, it will be $30, and $20 for a total of $50, instead of $30 for each like it is now. Saves ya $10 right there.
Pro-Am / Expert Money Classes- $50.00, w/ 80% payback. Entry may go up for money classes at special events. 5 entry minimum for any money class. 

Next, is the changes to our classes. Our class lineup is being updated to be more along the lines with other race series in FL and the national TT series. This will help riders be able to run the same classes at multiple series, such as MX, XC, and now TT & FT without confusion over what class they should be in when they come to Thunderbowl. This will take effect at the first TT race on 10/4/08, and continue on from there for both TT & flat track. THE RAINED OUT FLAT TRACK MAKE UP RACE SHEDULED FOR 10/4/08 WILL USE THE SAME CLASSES AS WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY RUN. THE NEW CLASSES WILL BE IN EFFECT ONLY FOR THE TT RACE ON 10/4, AND THE TT & FLAT TRACK RACES AFTER THAT.

MOTORCYCLE CLASSES
I would love to a have multitude of bike classes, but for now this is the classes we will run. We can change or add to the classes as the bike entries grow.
Expert (money class)
Vintage
Super Senior
Amateur
Ladies
Pee Wee (different pee wee / youth bike classes can be added per turnout)

ADULT QUAD CLASSES
Pro-Am (money class)
450 Production- 450cc max
Open "A"
Open "B"
Open "C"
Open Ladies
14 - 24
+25
+35
Vintage Quad
0 - 400 cc Sportsman
Knobby Tire Quad
Side by Side / UTV
Adult Mini Quad- 90cc max

YOUTH/MINI QUAD CLASSES
12 - 18, max 240cc/350cc
10 - 18, max 200cc
Shifter 0 - 150cc
Open 125 CVT 9 - 15
90cc Mod 7 - 13
90cc Limited Stock, 7 - 13
70cc Mod, 6 - 11
70cc Limited Stock, 6 - 11
50cc Sr Stock Appearing, 6 - 7
50cc Jr Stock Appearing, 4 - 5

All classes require 3 entries to run, except money classes which require 5 entries. Classes may be combined or eliminated depending on entries. Obviously all of these classes will not get filled, but it will give me an oppurtunity to see how the different classes fill & what works and what doesn't prior to our beginning any new points series.

Feel free to ask any questions.

jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:26:02 PM »

Ok so here goes

My 12 year old son has a 400cc quad, where does he fit in?  0-400cc Sportsman?

If you are 34 years old does that mean you can not run the 35+ class  Cry   Come on now I feel like a 40 year old!! and race like it too  Wink

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:45:01 PM »

It's no big deal. I will make minor adjustments to the classes to cover situations like your son on the 400, since we have historically allowed 400's in the "youth" class. We haven't had a "youth" class to speak of, so I wasn't really thinking about that type of situation. 

I'm not married to the "specifics".  the +25 class & +35 class can easily be changed to +30 & +40 if it does seem like it will work out.

I expected there to be some hiccups and tweaking, so it's all good.

jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

Not trying to create hiccups for you.  I know that Austin and his family have been waiting for tt so I am sure that there will be more than just Tyler.

I will go to any class doesnt matter if its 25+ I was just asking.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:04:15 PM by jayman » Logged

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »

It's no big deal. That's why we're doing these changes now, so by the time we are ready to start a new series, we can see what works, what doesn't, and what kind of feedback we get. Like I said, as we go along we can tweak, fine tune, or even eliminate some of the classes to suit our needs.

BlasterBoy#92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »

Ya, but we allready know who the youth class champion is going to be!!!  Grin Grin
just messing with you guys, I'm just glad to finally have the TT track back up and running again.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com