Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should allow pics of riding without helmets?
change the rule - 63 (53.8%)
Keep the same - 54 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all members  (Read 47793 times)
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »

I think we need to take another vote, but Contributing Members only. 

excellent Idea!!  Grin then what ever you guys (contributing members) decide...that's what you can post in "YOUR SPECIAL" section  Wink

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

nanaparty

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:22:26 PM by Can-AmGator » Logged
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2008, 04:22:14 PM »

Which one? And yes we do that any way!

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

relax BIG DADDY just pokin some fun  Wink
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »

Well let me know, I'll become a contributing member if we CAN post these pictures, if not, I won't contribute.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »

Well let me know, I'll become a contributing member if we CAN post these pictures, if not, I won't contribute.

Loser........ It goes to help the site, not YOUR personal gain.

I,m cool ...... just having fun too!   Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2008, 04:43:20 PM »

How about tactful pictures without helmets is okay, but pictures that give the sport a bad image,(holding beer cans, unsafe stunts, ugly women, ugly men, Da MTG Man, ect) should not be shown.  Pictures that show what the sport is about...having  safe fun.

I agree with those three.
hey, i have met mike and he's not that bad looking. my wife thinks he's cute.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2008, 04:51:19 PM »

How about tactful pictures without helmets is okay, but pictures that give the sport a bad image,(holding beer cans, unsafe stunts, ugly women, ugly men, Da MTG Man, ect) should not be shown.  Pictures that show what the sport is about...having  safe fun.

Your wife needs glass..... Huh

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »

she has an eye appointment next week. wait until she see's me!! Wink
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »

That reminds me, When are you going out of town again? Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »

Yea...I'm a loser alright.  Contributing for a site I can't post pictures on is like paying for someone elses burger...sure you can look and drool, but you can't eat it.  I'm not paying for something I can't use. 

Edit: and I'm a contributor on the other forums I'm on...I can post pictures on those and not catch flack for it.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:53 PM »

So you're not a contributing member be cause you can't post pics without a helmet? WOW!!!!!!

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »

Yea...I'm a loser alright.  Contributing for a site I can't post pictures on is like paying for someone elses burger...sure you can look and drool, but you can't eat it.  I'm not paying for something I can't use. 

Edit: and I'm a contributor on the other forums I'm on...I can post pictures on those and not catch flack for it.

That's what make all the forums different. Not that I have anymore pull then anyone else on here but, someone needs to set a good example. This site has always set a good example and I think it should stay that way. It's like not saying the pledge of allegence before school because some people don't want too. That's the way it's been for years and that's the way it should stay. I don't care what the law is, IMO no helmet pics are not good for anyone.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »

So you're not a contributing member be cause you can't post pics without a helmet? WOW!!!!!!

No, I am not currently a contributing member.  It didn't even cross my mind until someone mentioned a re-vote with only contributing members, and the possibility of a seperate picture subforum for contributing members only.  I will contribute if thats what it takes to post and see pictures without helmets.  I think it's rediculous that someone will actually monitor the pictures.  I was a member back in the day when it was enforced very well, and I can't immagine someone actually going through EVERY thread and searching for pictures with/without helmets.  I remember we would try and see how long until someone caught the pictures...lol.

Hey like I said before, this is the only site I don't contribute to, to be honest all this site has been for me is arguing.  I like some of the guys on here, so I stick around, but everything I see is some form of an argument.  I have never felt the need to contribute to a site full of arguments.  Now if I can't even post pictures for others to see...theres no way I'm contributing.

So in a nutshell, I'm not contributing if I can't post pictures.  I can't say that my pictures contribute to helping the ATV community, and I understand that is THE problem, but I think that most people like to see pictures of enjoying the riding spots and having a good time.  Maybe you see it differently, but I don't see a problem posting pictures of a bunch of bikes in a mudhole.  Heck even Paul S has pictures up w/o helmets...now come on.  Every picture without a helmet has to be deleted?

And the funny thing is that it wasn't a problem up until someone started the other thread.  I never heard a word other than positive comments.  Never got a PM from a moderator, or anyone else, stating I couldn't post pictures...no warnings, nothing. 

08 Brute 750
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2008, 08:21:11 PM »

I think they shouldn't delete your helmetless pictures , but delete you account!  Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2008, 08:22:29 PM »

I think they shouldn't delete your helmetless pictures , but delete you account!  Wink

Go for it! Make sure to delete the others as well...as everyone says, "all decisions are across the board" haha

08 Brute 750
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

We shouldn't have to warn you. It's one of the first paragraphs that you read in the section that you clicked "agree" when you signed up.
I agree with you on the arguing thing, This site has changed drastically in the last couple of years. It used to be all about riding and informative information but a select few just like starting arguments

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2008, 08:29:58 PM »

We shouldn't have to warn you. It's one of the first paragraphs that you read in the section that you clicked "agree" when you signed up.
I agree with you on the arguing thing, This site has changed drastically in the last couple of years. It used to be all about riding and informative information but a select few just like starting arguments

I completely agree with you.  It was quite a while ago that I signed up...so the rules are fuzzy.  I used to love it over here, but the arguing gets under my skin.  I mean I feel strongly about a lot of things, but I try not to just pick fights for the heck of it.

08 Brute 750
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »

If there's one thing that we all can probably agree on, is that the no helmet/no pic rule has turned off too many people.
The main reason few riding pics are posted ,is because most ride without one , my self included.

I been ridin  ATC's since the late 70's, have never worn a helmet and most likely never will.
Not saying its the right thing to do , its just my choice.

If we want to see more pictures posted, the rule would have to be changed.
Regardless this a good site.

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »

If there's one thing that we all can probably agree on, is that the no helmet/no pic rule has turned off too many people.
The main reason few riding pics are posted ,is because most ride without one , my self included.

I been ridin  ATC's since the late 70's, have never worn a helmet and most likely never will.

That seems like a very ignorant statement. I always ride with a helmet, regardless of whether Im riding a pocket bike, a quad, or even a bmx bike (if Im doing jumps and flips and stuff). Im sure most of the people who care about this sport care enough about it to wear a helmet and set a good example for others including children. Pictures of people riding without helmets should be banned 100%, and anyone who wishes to argue that with me please let me know.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
Kelli415

Ride Fast; Die Hard; Stay Pretty;

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2008, 12:20:52 AM »

this might sound cheesy& im just a kid...
but I once read from a great rider I know's signature "Dress for the crash, not for the ride"
aka frank. =]
and it always plays in my head I dont know why. you never know when your going to crash.
its' like that commercial..

hit a berm; jump a table top; do a wheelie; crash.
no one plans on crashing.. it just happens;
and with kids' on this site see older people looking like theyre cool with no helmet..
they think they can do the same and never get hurt.
i think we should ban pics' with no helmets' unless theyre purposly posing for the pic like i always do Wink

its past my bed time.
but yes; I always wear a helmet!

-kelli

Kelli ♥  Marie

FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2008, 12:42:52 AM »

That seems like a very ignorant statement. I always ride with a helmet, regardless of whether Im riding a pocket bike, a quad, or even a bmx bike (if Im doing jumps and flips and stuff). Im sure most of the people who care about this sport care enough about it to wear a helmet and set a good example for others including children. Pictures of people riding without helmets should be banned 100%, and anyone who wishes to argue that with me please let me know.

I'll argue that.  We ride mud.  You won't see anyone at the mudhole or trails wearing a helmet riding a ute.

I never wear a helmet on my ute, I used to ALWAYS wear one on my sport, dirtbike, and streetbike. 

I do care enough, anyone 16&under needs to wear a helmet...no questions asked.  It's my choice to wear a helmet, and I don't.  I don't remember the last time I went over 20 on the grizz.  So call me stupid, ignorant, etc...but you won't see any of us "mudders" wearing helmets.

08 Brute 750
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »

I didnt say that all ride without helmets , but most or I should've said many because there is no hard data to confirm exactly how many do or dont.
You ride with one and thats great , regarding the ratio of those with vs without ... look at any of the mud events like Mudfest ,L-Cross  etc. You will see most dont ride with helmets. The former WMA / Mudpit Holey Land was another area where I've seen many ride w/o .
There's no arguement regarding which way is safer .

I also support the idea of a disclaimer with regards to pics w/o helmets.

Hey,  ride how ever you want because its your choice.

Da_Mtg_Man ,
Good choice of topics to get the site hopin'.
Not even politics gets this level of attention.
This topic's always been a hot one .LOL

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:17:11 AM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2008, 02:56:47 AM »

Yea no doubt wearing a helmet is the only safe option.  Just the fact that holey lands, 5a, l-cross, c&r, mudfest, plant bamboo, etc...you'll seldom see a helmet.  Theres no arguing what is safer though.

08 Brute 750
steelheader13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2008, 07:59:19 AM »

I think we need to take another vote, but Contributing Members only. 
I vote for two sections also.  One section that is labeled "ACTIONS IN THESE PHOTOS NOT CONDONED BY THIS SITE"

And yes, become a contributing member and you should get a say in the matter!

EXCELLENT IDEA.

I became a contributing member because it supports the site, I like the site, I benefit from the site (met some great people from using this site, INCLUDING YOU RICKY), I want the site to grow and be around for awhile.  I even contributed at a time that was not the easiest for me financially, as I had just started a new job.

I do not ride with a helmet unless it is required by the area I am riding, or I feel that it is an unsafe riding environment (maybe an area that I have never ridden, or I physically see wreckless riding). 

There are several types of rides and riders in this sport, as we all know.   

The general riding that we do on our UTE is a little safer, slower, somewhat calculated as we have time at 10-20 mph to decide if I am going around that stump to the left or right, am I gonna take the deep soft mud or the shallow harder packed stuff, somewhat than a super fast, super quad.  I know there are excellent riders on those machines, but I have seen some real winners, jump off their super quad and let their obviously very limited experienced friend jump at the control and race off in amazement of the speed and power the amchine has.

Will I need my helmet someday on my ute in a rollover or a collision with a tree or another machine, I HOPE NEVER! 

Will this site and it's picture posting rule change my mind on wearing it, NO.  The site will lose out on the post, as I will post it somewhere else.  I think it has shaped this site a little bit towards  the fast quad crowd (even thouh I know there are a lot of mudders here, how many of us cruise the picture section?)

I VOTE NO HELMET PICTURES ALLOWED.

KIDS ALWAYS WEAR THE HELMETS.  You need to protect those heads while you still KNOW EVERYTHING!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:31:09 AM by steelheader13 » Logged

'08 Rhino 700 SE
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »

What wood William Wallace say???

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com