Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should allow pics of riding without helmets?
change the rule - 63 (53.8%)
Keep the same - 54 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all members  (Read 47822 times)
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »

This post and poll have only been active two days. I'm not going to make this decision so quickly. I want to give others a chance to vote and post remarks. Thank you.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2008, 11:57:46 AM »

How about tactful pictures without helmets is okay, but pictures that give the sport a bad image,(holding beer cans, unsafe stunts, ugly women, ugly men, Da MTG Man, ect) should not be shown.  Pictures that show what the sport is about...having  safe fun.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
miker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2008, 11:59:12 AM »

This shouldn't even be a question.  No helmet=no pics.  Grin
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »

How about tactful pictures without helmets is okay, but pictures that give the sport a bad image,(holding beer cans, unsafe stunts, ugly women, ugly men, Da MTG Man, ect) should not be shown.  Pictures that show what the sport is about...having  safe fun.

I agree with those three.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2008, 12:57:22 PM »

Heyyyyyyy! Thats not very nice. Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »

Heyyyyyyy! Thats not very nice. Grin

But treu Shocked  No pics of you without a full face Huh

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »

Does it seem that some rules or laws of society just help stupid people?  In a way, are we not dumbing up our own gene pool by helping the dumb people live?  I think we pass laws to tell someone not to do something instead of educating them of why we shouldn't.  Then let nature take its course.  I don't mean to sound insensitive but the real world hurts.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »

Will one of the most popular florida atv websites condone wrecklessness and irresponsibleness?

Also before a final verdict, make sure to check the Ip addresses from the voters. Some radical could easily create multiple accounts to boost either sides number.

In all honesty, I have a problem with KIDS not wearing a helmet. I can see where the older guys would be annoyed with helmets.

I wouldn't mind the rule altered to allow a select group....but not changed for everyone to post helmetless.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:26:08 PM by klutchbuster400 » Logged
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »

Will one of the most popular florida atv websites condone wrecklessness and irresponsibleness?

Also before a final verdict, make sure to check the Ip addresses from the voters. Some radical could easily create multiple accounts to boost either sides number.

Good thinking but Bones is one step ahead of you. He already knows who used several of their accounts to boost the votes.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »

You should delete all their accounts, new and old.  Grin

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »

Good thinking but Bones is one step ahead of you. He already knows who used several of their accounts to boost the votes.

DanG Angry I voted like 15 times to keep it like it was  Dunno
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2008, 02:07:52 PM »

The only time I wear a helmet is when I climb into the cockpit of the aircraft I am flying or if I enter a race on the Rhino with seatbelt and shoulder harness secured.

I am gonna say this and be done, I beleive the good lord will decide when your time is up, and at that time it doesn't matter if you have full armor body suit and armored helmet on. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one and has the option to agree or disagree. If you like helmets wear it, if not ride on.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2008, 02:29:02 PM »

I'm all for the ban on helmetless pics. The helmet wearing pics will surely impress the site visitors/critics who view the ignorant hate and fear expressed in some of our political threads. Our creed; "If you're going to spread hate and fear, wear a helmet!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:16:54 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

The only time I wear a helmet is when I climb into the cockpit of the aircraft I am flying or if I enter a race on the Rhino with seatbelt and shoulder harness secured.

I am gonna say this and be done, I beleive the good lord will decide when your time is up, and at that time it doesn't matter if you have full armor body suit and armored helmet on. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one and has the option to agree or disagree. If you like helmets wear it, if not ride on.

OK so you're saying you can jump out of your airplane with no parachute and live if the good Lord doesn't have you scheduled for that day.

I don't think so Tim.

What we do and how we do it has a lot to do when our time is up.

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

Negative ghostrider, that is your opinion. Not that it means anything, but am a rotorcraft/helicopter pilot not fixed wing. All I am saying is that I believe is when it is your time it is your time no matter what the circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:46:17 PM by 05greengriz » Logged

07 Eiger
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »

How dare you!!!!! Clearly you have never seen Mike in a pair of assless chaps before!!!!!

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2008, 02:47:18 PM »

Negative ghostrider, that is your opinion. Not that it means anything, but am a rotorcraft/helicopter pilot not fixed wing. All I am saying is that I believe is when it is your time it is your time no matter what the circumstances.

he quite correct on this one  Wink

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/the-body/05-how-to-fall-out-of-a-plane-and-live

Falling Out of a Plane
In 1942 a Soviet pilot named I. M. Chisov plunged 22,000 feet without a parachute after bailing out of his Ilyushin 4 bomber. German pilots had attacked Chisov’s plane, and he didn’t open his chute because he was afraid it would allow his attackers to find him. He landed on a snow-covered slope and rolled downhill, badly hurt and unconscious—but alive.

According to aero­dynamics experts, a skydiver without a chute reaches a terminal velocity of about 120 miles per hour after dropping roughly 500 feet. That actually isn’t any faster than the speed you’d reach if you fell from a moderately tall building. “But it’s not falling that kills you; it’s the landing,” Richard says: The abrupt pressure of an impact is likely to break open blood vessels such as your aorta, damage internal organs, and shatter your bones.

The worst thing to hit is a hard surface that brings you to a halt almost instantly. If you land on snow (like Chisov) or hit something that gives way, such as a skylight (as happened to U.S. Air Force Sergeant Alan Magee, who survived a 20,000-foot drop into a French train station in 1943), you will suffer less damage. In such a situation, it is the ability of the bones of your skull and spine to withstand the impact that can potentially preserve your life, according to a report conducted by the Federal Aviation Administration.

1 in a million..............SOOO your saying ive got a shot

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:49:29 PM by Can-AmGator » Logged
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »

Miracles do happen and I don't believe it was this fellars time Wink

07 Eiger
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:25 PM »

How dare you!!!!! Clearly you have never seen Mike in a pair of assless chaps before!!!!!

Shocked Oh my god! No. No. Owie Bang Head Kiss

ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2008, 03:04:36 PM »

Would this be classifed as a pick without a helmet  Shocked

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »

That would be a great example sir.

07 Eiger
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »

Would this be classifed as a pick without a helmet  Shocked

ooops!!!! I think I'm wearing my helmet now!!!  Shocked
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2008, 04:03:02 PM »

And you have?  Huh

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »

It seems like this site caters more to "racers" especially since everyone wants to only show pictures of helmets.  In an indirect way, I feel that it is discriminatory.  It is natural for sport quad riders/racers to wear helmets, it's the opposite for mudders.  Why can't we have two picture sections?

I vote for a seperate picture section. With a disclaimer saying that ATVfla takes no part in these actions, nor condones them.  It is the sport...the activists/extremists are going to see it when we are out riding.  If they are smart they will make their way out to our riding spots and see weather we wear helmets or not...so whats the big deal?  And to go even further, we already have lost all our riding spots besides big cypress and croom.  As far as I'm concerned, the laws that are there are enforced heavily, so whats the problem?

I don't think posting ONLY pictures with helmets on is a very good image of the atv scene here in florida.  

I mean if you want to portray florida as a sport atv racing site, sure, lets only post pictures of helmets, but the reality is that there are several different types of riding/racing.  Like others said, i guess this site is viewed as how atv's are ridden in florida.  If it's helmets only, thats a terrible portrayal.  Most the spots down by me are ridden by utility quads, no 2wd sport quads are even able to ride...and even if they are, they are mostly the guys NOT on this site.  

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »

I think we need to take another vote, but Contributing Members only. 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com