Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should allow pics of riding without helmets?
change the rule - 63 (53.8%)
Keep the same - 54 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all members  (Read 47773 times)
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »

I think that utility riders that post pics should not only be wearing a helmet but should also have on a life jacket and be a current member of Boat US.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »

I think that utility riders that post pics should not only be wearing a helmet but should also have on a life jacket and be a current member of Boat US.

I prefer seatow. They have pretty yellow boats. Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 05:28:34 PM »

As for the argument about tree huggers, and the image of people who ride 4-wheelers and dirt bikes....

*Never heard a hunter get pist because a 4 wheeler came flying by and scared off his deer, And the hunter says "I am so dang pist, they weren't wearing a helmet".
*Someone comes flying by a group of riders, and the group get's mad cuz he/she wasn't wearing a helmet.
*Someone throughs their empty containers all over the place, and people could care less if they were wearing a helmet or not.
*Some nit-wit decides to dougnuts all over the trails, again, people could care less if they were wearing a helmet or not.
*Some nit-wit decides to come hauling butt down a narrow trail, or a trail that curves, and doesn't even slow down as they approach an rider or group in the other direction, hey, but he was wearing a helmet..
*Some one decides to go hauling but down a the street, but hey he's wearing a helmet, so it's okay...

My point is this.  This hobby/sport, got it's bad name from the bad apples that don't respect the land, or the other riders.  When they think they have the right to destroy and tear up the places where they ride.  Most accidents on ATVS and such is caused by carelessness, and speed.  If you are riding down a trail at 5 -10 MPH, you are not going to get it hurt, until that nit-wit comes flying around the corner and hits you...  And like it or not, when I see ppl on the trails hauling butt, and acting a nit-wit, come to think of it, they are wearing helmets...  The option of wearing or not wearing a helmet is not what is giving this sport a bad name, it bad people.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 05:36:48 PM »

It's to try and keep the tree huggers from using it against us as riders to get more of our land shut down.

I'm sorry, I thought all the public lands are basically already shut down. May as well be anyways with all the trails that have been cut out of them and the rules they have applied. Wanting to give out ticlets for every little thing you do and harrass you for being out there in them. Thats exactly one reason I am gonna sell all mine.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 06:05:22 PM »

Chero, I agree. Except, it's good people doing the bad things.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

i think  change is   good.  No need to hide around the corner  and smoke that cigarette you old enough to make your own  disicion  mommy cant control your whole life

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »

Unless you are racing, you don't need a helmet on a ute or rhino, enough said.  I don't know a single person who wears a helmet on a ute or rhino that is riding a mudhole. 
Maybe you should have been at Rodman damn about two years ago now.
 A man about mid 30`s showed up by himself with a UTE and NO helmet. He was riding around a track on the north side of the road and hit a tree. Damn near killed him !!!!
 Now enough said........

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
gatorjohn

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »

Change it, you're missing out on a lot of great photos. Not that many tree huggers are looking at this site to see if people are wearing helmets or not. Theres enough bad press already out there for their ammo if they want it.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »

I dont think its so much about tree huggers as it is setting a good example. I can hardly make my kids wear their gear and dad not wear his.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:34 PM »

Good god who started this mess!!!!!!!!!!!  If you see a 4 wheeler riding in the water with water over the fenders you know he is going slow and it looks safe I think even to a so called (Tree Hugger) would agree on that but on the other hand another photo you see a sport bike going over a 6 ft jump doing a back flip now that is for sure not safe or you see a photo of a bike going down a stright away doing warp speed with dirt flying up and a dust trail then thats not safe I agree on that and yes they should have a helmet on for sure in the photo but for water riding or slow mudding I think the photo can be posted P.S. I still today ride the street with a helmet and when I get on my 350X Honda I put one on because I tend to let it eat but for trail riding on my Ranger at slow speed I dont. Mr.Bones like you and others said all of us will miss out on some good photos if we keep it the same my two cents for what it worth.

* TATER.JPG (6.9 KB, 199x149 - viewed 291 times.)

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »

If it's legal to ride without a helmet then why can't we post pics of riding with no helmet? I think the rule is rediculas, pictures are pictures, it's your choice to wear a helmet or not. The main concern would be children, and if your stupid enough to let a little kid ride without a helmet, you deserve what you get.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 10:31:27 PM »

Unless you are racing, you don't need a helmet on a ute or rhino, enough said.  I don't know a single person who wears a helmet on a ute or rhino that is riding a mudhole. 
Maybe you should have been at Rodman damn about two years ago now.
 A man about mid 30`s showed up by himself with a UTE and NO helmet. He was riding around a track on the north side of the road and hit a tree. Damn near killed him !!!!
 Now enough said........

Maybe I should have.  I could have helped save his life. 

First of all, he was by himself...no-no

Riding a track on a ute...another no-no

But I'll tell you I haven't witnessed a single UTV/ATV accident where someone was severely injured, they have happened around me, but no one got hurt.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »

Bones -

Here's something to consider. As the owner of this site, you're held to a very high standard. Your site is a watermark of sorts for the ATV community in Florida. Regardless of anyone's personal opinion on the helmet issue (mine and yours included), I think you have a duty to portray the ATV community in a light most favorable to anyone viewing the same. This includes allowing only pictures that show riders with helmets.

The last thing I am sure you'd want to do is to provide fodder for the extremists that would shut us down. These people will use anything they can against us. Not only does it not make sense to give them what they want but, to do so would seem irresponsible.

Just an observation.

~ Matt   Wink

I agree...but I don't think your gonna make 1/2 the riders happy which ever way a vote would go.....

36 - 36 my my I couldn't have called that any better  Roll Eyes

Bones-

Here's something for you to ponder: give them a finger they'll take a hand...give then a hand and they'll take your arm.....there are 100's if not 1000's of ATV web sites and there are 100's if not 1000's of picture sharing websites that any EXTREMIST could go to and get fodder for putting ATV'ing in a bad light..please don't make this decision based solely on how a small faction of EXTREMISTS would view our sport!!! This situation is no different than the one man gang in California trying to get the In God We trust off of the Dollar Bill!! Just because his "one" voice is louder than any other???
  True you as the owner of this site have the power to not allow any pictures you so wish...and I will gladly follow the rule...but you have members here that ride with helmets and some without....True you can't make everyone happy, but with the current vote on this issue resting at 50 % - 50 % it would seem to me that all pics should be allowed.
       Again I hate to sound like a broken record and I know this site is not a democracy, not a government but a private forum owned by You.....and it is naturally your right to pick the direction it goes...I still think that a disclaimer of some sort say attached to ALL pictures that says (insert here your disclaimer) would do the trick???
     PS....I've seen pictures with ATV's having coolers attached to them (I'm sure NO BEER / ALCOHOL) is in them  Wink I've seen pictures with kids Two up on machines as large as 660 CC??? I've seen pictures with parents two upping with more than 1 kid on the back?Huh To me all these situations are just as bad???  How far will we have to take this???
   Bottom line to me is this site was for ATV'ers of all kinds here in Florida and all riding styles...let it be so...
Thanks for the Ear...
Todd
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 08:30:52 AM »

As an ATV Safety Instructor and a member of the State of Florida OHV Recreation Committee, I am in favor of leaving the rule the same.  This site is a premier site in Florida for people to get an opinion of ATV riders.  It is extremely important that we give the imression that we promote SAFETY FIRST.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

Jrpro, We offered to him a helmet as he went across the road. He didnt want one. There were close to 30 of us there for a group ride.
 If Cableguy hadnt noticed him off to the side of the sandy area a few hours after him arriving he could have died. Everything that could have been done was.... He lived.

But, I was only saying that was kinda obsurd to say "you only need a helmet if racing". You NEVER know when your going to need the protection of one, Thats why they are called accidents.

I also believe that it should be the choice of a mature adult as to whether or not one be worn. But dont get in an accident and ask for someone else to cover your medical bills ( state, medicare etc).

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Mama Grizz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »

No pics without helmets. Why fuel the fire?

I have to agree with Anoriginal here. Everyone has a choice on if they wear a helmet or not. Just don't post the pic.

Salesperson at Rick Case Powerhouse
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:51 AM »

mam grizz    seems like we as not wearing helmats getting discriinated  agianst.   dont get mad our pictures look  better

2008 brute force 750

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »

What did he say? Wink
mam grizz    seems like we as not wearing helmats getting discriinated  agianst.   dont get mad our pictures look  better

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 09:54:26 AM »

Translation to English.

Mama Gizz it seems like us none helmet wearing people are being discriminated against. Don't get mad because our pictures look better.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 09:56:58 AM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Anoriginal

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »

Hey, has anyone heard from American Highlander lately? Seriously. I like that guy and always enjoyed his enthusiasm.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »

Hooked on phonics worked for me.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »

Enough of the bull$hit, can we post helmetless pics or not. What is your final answer Bones?

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »

Enough of the bull$hit, can we post helmetless pics or not. What is your final answer Bones?

Its allowed here so I guess the answer is yes Grin

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,35383.0.html

Anoriginal

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »

Clapper

You know, I am with you on this. What's the final verdict?
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 11:31:27 AM »

yes you can  post them lol

2008 brute force 750